The online racing simulator
LFS in BMW F1 Pit Park!
(53 posts, started )
LFS in BMW F1 Pit Park!
Hi Guys,

Just got back from the F1 at Silverstone. Just wanted to let you know that LFS has joined rFactor as being featured in the BMW Pit Park. It actually comes across a whole lot better.

There's a section of the park (Separate from the driving experiences) that features the 'real tools' used to train F1 drivers. There's a reaction tester, a balance machine, various weight and force machines - and a motion-control chair with (You guessed it) LFS on it.

They were featuring Aston GP Long (I think, you didn't get long to go on it), and almost everyone was crashing at the first long sweeping right hander

Looks like BMW uses LFS a bit more than we might think - hope they give feedback to the guys about the physics and stuff if they use it for training!

Anyway, I'm off to get ready for the Saturday Qualifying - gotta get up early to beat the crowds!

[GURU] LazerFX
#2 - Cargo
Thread Worthless Without Pics

Awesome scoop though and I hope the weather holds for the weekend. Should be a good event.
Well that sounds good, try and get some picture!
rF always sucked and always will.

i agree whit them about pics
#5 - J.B.
Pics or ban.
*dreaming*

hey, if BMW use LFS to train their drivers, maybe there is a chance to get some real tracks on LFS
That has nothing to do whit BMW. Track's are different thing
Great news. What camera did you use?
Quote from Motörhead V8 :*dreaming*

hey, if BMW use LFS to train their drivers, maybe there is a chance to get some real tracks on LFS

LFS would never be used to train real F1 drivers. The BF1 is terrible in LFS. I know Timo Glock played LFS, and gave some postive comments, but he said it wasn't like the real thing (obvious being that it slides too much and bumps are too extreme).
Quote from Tweaker :(obvious being that it slides too much and bumps are too extreme)

:iagree:

btw. imagine Heidfeld or Kubica trying to do LFS BF1 understeery slide in real race, wooah.. there they go off track
They did pitlane park in Rome some weeks ago and LFS was here too.

It was with a sort of motion platform, but the wheel mounted on it, G25, didn't had force feedback activated, and was set up very bad, with unlinear steering and german language.

Track was As grand prix and car was obviously bf1

There was rfactor as well, into another stand.
Well this is interesting... as far as I know/understood last year LFS was only used in the Intel Racing Tour thing while rFactor did the BMW Pit Lane Park thing (and obviously got way better deal with Intel, as they somehow managed to get licenses for Silverstone, Monza, Nurb and Montreal ). Is that Intel Racing Tour happening again or was it actually part of BMW Pit Lane Park?
#13 - DeKo
Quote from deggis :Well this is interesting... as far as I know/understood last year LFS was only used in the Intel Racing Tour thing while rFactor did the BMW Pit Lane Park thing (and obviously got way better deal with Intel, as they somehow managed to get licenses for Silverstone, Monza, Nurb and Montreal ). Is that Intel Racing Tour happening again or was it actually part of BMW Pit Lane Park?

they didnt get the licensing deals with the tracks, silverstone is called northamptonshire and monza is brianza, for example, so they can get round it.
Quote from DeKo :they didnt get the licensing deals with the tracks, silverstone is called northamptonshire and monza is brianza, for example, so they can get round it.

I know that, all tracks are named by the nearest town, it's interesting point but I'm simply not gonna eat that. I don't know if ISI has ever confirmed how did they get the tracks but I guess it must be somehow related to the deal with Intel. They released the tracks same time with BMW Sauber or some time after that anyway. If Eric make "Northamptonshire", "Nurburg" or "Brianza" or whatever, I don't think they could get away with legal issues because track is still a copy from the real life one. Any law students here, what kind of "copyrights" tracks (that does not consist of normal roads) has? I mean the tracks are still property of some companies or auto clubs or whatever.
#15 - ste_
Did anyone see the ITV F1 stuff before qualifying to day? What game were they playing in the sim there?
Quote from deggis :I don't think they could get away with legal issues because track is still a copy from the real life one.

I have a feeling that if it were possible then we'd already have some real life circuits. Would be nice if it could in fact be done, though .
Quote from ste_ :Did anyone see the ITV F1 stuff before qualifying to day? What game were they playing in the sim there?

it was a simlulator created by Toyota-Williams, so therefor, is'nt available to buy.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :it was a simlulator created by bmw Toyota-Williams, so therefor, is'nt available to buy.

How did it look like? Very curious because there has now been huge fuzz about that McLaren's secret weapon simulator.
looked very realistic. they had one of the commentators who was an ex-formula one driver (mark blundell) and he was going around silverstone. He was sat inside the cockpit part of an F1 car with a huge projector in front of him showing the image from the simulator. The FFB seemed to be very impressive, martin blundell seems like quite a strong bloke, and yet even he was fighting against the ffb, it was jolting about when he hit the curbs, and it was responding to every little crack in the tarmac. At the end of the simulator run, his face was as red as a tomato

The graphics seemed pretty good too, they did'nt have no sponsors on the billboards or nothing like that, but the track, grass, car and all that stuff looked pretty detailed.
Yeah, I saw that too. Trouble is he's too fat now to fit in the cockpit and was certainley struggling trying to control it.

Bet that wasn't the first time on there either? I wonder how many out takes where he crashed happened before he got it round in one piece? Tomorrow they are to show 'fatty' doing it in the real car...............should be a laugh.

Brundle was in the real car today and looked as though he was drowning, shouting for help hehehe.
lol brundle made me laugh
and omg, see those vids of hamilton karting as a kid? WOW! and even now, he still owns in the karts
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :it was a simlulator created by bmw Toyota-Williams, so therefor, is'nt available to buy.

FYI, BMW has nothing to do with Toyota or Williams...

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :looked very realistic. they had one of the commentators who was an ex-formula one driver (martin blundell) and he was going around silverstone. He was sat inside the cockpit part of an F1 car with a huge projector in front of him showing the image from the simulator. The FFB seemed to be very impressive, martin blundell seems like quite a strong bloke, and yet even he was fighting against the ffb, it was jolting about when he hit the curbs, and it was responding to every little crack in the tarmac. At the end of the simulator run, his face was as red as a tomato

It's also Mark Blundell .

The actual driving part of the simulator appeared to be pretty good and the wheel seemed to have a strong force acting on it. Graphics wise it was nothing special, pretty basic shading and not even sure the suspension graphically moved, didn't pay too much attention to that.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :looked very realistic. they had one of the commentators who was an ex-formula one driver (martin blundell) and he was going around silverstone. He was sat inside the cockpit part of an F1 car with a huge projector in front of him showing the image from the simulator. The FFB seemed to be very impressive, martin blundell seems like quite a strong bloke, and yet even he was fighting against the ffb, it was jolting about when he hit the curbs, and it was responding to every little crack in the tarmac. At the end of the simulator run, his face was as red as a tomato

The graphics seemed pretty good too, they did'nt have no sponsors on the billboards or nothing like that, but the track, grass, car and all that stuff looked pretty detailed.

I replied here and revived this thread here...
Quote from keiran :FYI, BMW has nothing to do with Toyota or Williams...

sorry, i meant to say it was a joint project with toyota and williams. Therefor they called it the toyota williams.
or did they mean Williams-Toyota which is the official name of the team? Toyota supplies engines

LFS in BMW F1 Pit Park!
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG