The online racing simulator
possible patch Y on the way?
(65 posts, started )
Someone said something about new track, I hope that happen
How long is this developing going? When is this game ready? Is there gonna be S4 or somthing. But this game is already good so take ur time devs and FIX THAT FRIGGING BARRIER BOUNCING!!! THOSE THINGS SHOULD BE CONCRETE!
That all folks...
I think if we were getting a new track Scawen would have told us already, to give plenty of time to look forward to it and speculate on what it might be like (which always happens when he mentions actual planned updates).

The only ones I've actually seen him mention are the GTR interiors and the South City update. However (as far as I know), it's not been confirmed whether the update will just be a texture overhaul or if it could be expanded to fit the new 32 driver limit. So it could well be a "new" track of a kind, although I'll be well gutted if the "chicane of death" is changed in any way

I would guess that an AI update would make sense, so that the people who don't play online (or 'crazies' as they like to be called) can actually run proper events.

Oh, and of course I've heard that they're adding teh bodykitz and NOSSssssssss so we can get round hairpins at 400mph
Scawen has said the next incompatible patch will contain both AI updates and collision detection updates, as well as what Bean0 mentioned, and all of Eric's work from the past year or so.

It should be a nice update.
Quote from Bob Smith :Scawen has said the next incompatible patch...

yeah, well... An incompatible patch should be coming pretty soon because Devs are running out of letters.
A nice alternative would be to add an update to the "test patch name system" to allow further development on S2.
I’m pretty happy with the development stage, with S3 Final being released lots of people would lose interest and asking for modding.

On-Topic: isn't Y after X on the vocabulary?? then should be a more than possible patch Y on the way...
Quote from jamvib :yeah, well... An incompatible patch should be coming pretty soon because Devs are running out of letters.

They may run out of letters but there are always enough numbers.. can always start again 0.6A anyone?
We will also get some changes to make the XRR more competitive, maybe through better turbo physics or ballast/restrictor settings.
See here
Quote from Bob Smith :Scawen has said the next incompatible patch will contain both AI updates and collision detection updates

Linkie? I know he has mentioned AI but from that post I saw I got impression that it just means fixing few things (like AI pitting) and not a total brain surgery for AI.

Collision detection updates are really welcome... one of those extremely annoying things that just has been there so long without attention from devs.
Didn't hear about the collision detection Bob, I hope you're right though.

There will be interior updates in the GTRs if not all cars, and "updates" to the AI. All the rest is just rummors.

Knowing Scawen, I think he will just go all out for the AI and make it so every part of them works rather than doing a halfassed job just so they can leave the pits and that is it. I'm sure he'll give them new lines, more intelligence (meaning.. more attention to what is around it), and pitting most likely off of some base F12 menu pit settings.
That can be all up to criticism, that is just my guess as to what Scawen will pay attention to mostly.
i think damage modelling should come first. and fix those damn red and white barriers.
Quote from Bob Smith :Scawen has said the next incompatible patch will contain both AI updates and collision detection updates, as well as what Bean0 mentioned, and all of Eric's work from the past year or so.

Ill faint if that happens.
Quote from XCNuse :Didn't hear about the collision detection Bob, I hope you're right though.

Scawen told about it in the spanish invasion thread

Here
Quote from Bob Smith :Scawen has said the next incompatible patch will contain both AI updates and collision detection updates, as well as what Bean0 mentioned, and all of Eric's work from the past year or so.

Really sounds like an awesome patch (if it's true), but personally I don't expect that before fall of this year. And even that might be optimistic.
Quote from geeman1 :Scawen told about it in the spanish invasion thread

Here

If you watch closely you can see Columbus and La Pinta, La Niña and Santa Maria, so I guess that in the next patch well have speed boat racing! awesome!

If the AI and the collision system are improved it would be a really nice update, in Argentina our ISPs are horrible and you can have LOTS of packet loss with your neighbor so you see warping cars and sometimes you end being an flying saucer if you don't be really careful.
Patch X isn't all that old. Yes, I indeed think it is possible that patch Y is on the way. Infact, patch Z as whatever the following patch will be is on the way as well. S2 final is on the way. Why do threads like this start up (going on the first post and the title) all the time? Of course the next patch is on the way. When has a patch failed to not come yet?

You will know when the next patch is no longer on the way as there won't be anymore master server to log onto. The patches will stop if LFS developement ever stops. As long as developement is ongoing, the next patch will always be on the way.
Quote from mrodgers :Patch X isn't all that old. Yes, I indeed think it is possible that patch Y is on the way. Infact, patch Z as whatever the following patch will be is on the way as well. S2 final is on the way. Why do threads like this start up (going on the first post and the title) all the time? Of course the next patch is on the way. When has a patch failed to not come yet?

You will know when the next patch is no longer on the way as there won't be anymore master server to log onto. The patches will stop if LFS developement ever stops. As long as developement is ongoing, the next patch will always be on the way.

Duh...

i started this thread because i wanted to know if these updates Scawen has been doing were related to the patch Y. everyboddy knows(or doesnt) whats on the way, what we dont know is when.
I don't think they're related to patch Y, in the same way that patch W isn't related to patch X, because they're X updates (or post X but pre Y updates). Patch Y stuff will probably come out as Y test patches. But of course I could be wrong. And anyway does it matter?

Where is Spankmeyer?! We need comic relief!
#44 - Jakg
Oh Mike stfu, if the devs added the Ring, every car in the world and better than real life graphics you wouldn't be happy.

S2 ain't finished yet, but imo for an "unfinished" game it's the best i've played
Quote from Mike85 :Well if S2 is coming to a finish...

Where did you get that from? Do you have an inside track to the Dev's development plan? Or is it yet more idle and negative speculation/grumbling/pointless criticism without any logic or arguments worth voicing?
Maybe the devs secretly plan the whole S2 dev program in 26 tidy steps so that by patch Z they have no choice but to release S2 final and move on to S3 development?!
Really, why on earth even bother to post such groundless stuff? Why not just not bother posting and go read another thread?
Bah, :lfs: just keeps getting better with each and every patch/update, and I for one couldn't care less if the next one is called "Y" or "X12345" or "S3" or whatever.
#47 - Jakg
Quote from Mike85 :facelift the UI, etc...

You made a thread on this and most people were happy with the light nature of the Ui and how everything was so simple and easy, and how some of the confusing options have been removed - i dont WANT a facelifted Ui.

Please stop preaching your opinions as fact, and to any dev who's reading, the Menu works fine - while it's not as "cool" as RACE's for example, i prefer it, and a large part of the community seem to agree with me
i agree

why spend time working on UI?

it's pretty good the way it is right now, it's simple and functional
streamlined and fast loading is always best
The X-test patches are X-fixes, not pre-Y developments.

possible patch Y on the way?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG