The online racing simulator
RBS Grand Prix Challenge
(9 posts, started )
#1 - nihil
RBS Grand Prix Challenge
Just an alert for anyone in the smoke today... On my way to work this morning and saw an ad for the "RBS Grand Prix Challenge". Hosted at Broadgate Arena today (Weds 4th), "using a full size Formula 1 driving simulator"

Don't know anything about opening times for this, and not having driven for two months (on account of having been homeless ...) I'm way off form. Besides, got bosses breathing down my neck today, so I doubt I'll even take an inquisitive look.

Anyone know anything about it? Anyone giving it a shot?
#3 - TiJay
Haven't played the online version but I assume it's no different than the live one and I'm guessing it's far from a "state of the art racing sim"?
Quote from TiJay : I'm guessing it's far from a "state of the art racing sim"?

Correct...
Attached images
erm no.JPG
#5 - nihil
Quote from The General Lee :Correct...

LOL

Quote :All entrants must be aged over 18 and hold a full driving licence

Presumably thats in order to be eligible for the prize, not in order to "power yourself around exciting chicanes and corners using the arrow keys on your PC".....
#6 - TiJay
I played it online and I'm ashamed to say I can't get in the top 100 on the leaderboard.
#7 - nihil
Quote from TiJay :I played it online and I'm ashamed to say I can't get in the top 100 on the leaderboard.

Me either... but I'm thinking of taking them to the advertising standards people, since they say:

Quote :The RBS Grand Prix Challenge challenges members of the public to set their fastest lap...

Yet the leaderboard adds all three laps together... without being able to see the invidual laps, how can anyone claim they have set the fastest lap?
its crap
#9 - TiJay
I think they mean the fastest three laps but since when do advertising people get anything right?

RBS Grand Prix Challenge
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG