The online racing simulator
Paddles and shifter
(10 posts, started )
Paddles and shifter
Hi, I use a DFP, was wondering if there was a way to use my shifter knob AND the paddles without having to change the settings every time. Is this possible by doing something in the config or what?
Well you could right a script which makes the change over quickly.

I know from using my wheel if I press 'S' which was shift up when I was using keyboard it will shift up. So you could try setting your paddles in lfs to shift up and shift down. Then setting shift up and shift down to a letter also and then using logitech profiler set the sequential stick shifter to those letters. This may not work as I have no tried it but it might and worth a try.
Hmmm, I was just about to ask the same question about my G25.

Without me doing anything, I had H-gate shifter functionality for those cars and paddles for sequential shifting cars. I tried to get the shifter knob working in sequential mode both in-game and via the Logitech Profiler (so that paddles and/or sequential knob could be used) and now I have no support for sequential shifting cars without manually changing the settings as the poster above has said.

There has to be a better way! The paddles and sequential can map to each other presumably--you only need an upshift and downshift. But now I can't even figure out how to get the two types of cars to work seamlessly (as I had until half an hour ago)!!
ok, it's old but exactly my problem.

is there a "smooth" solution?
Quote from Greboth :I know from using my wheel if I press 'S' which was shift up when I was using keyboard it will shift up. So you could try setting your paddles in lfs to shift up and shift down. Then setting shift up and shift down to a letter also and then using logitech profiler set the sequential stick shifter to those letters. This may not work as I have no tried it but it might and worth a try.

That will work. I use a similar setup via the profiler to map look left/right/back to the D-pad.

Just set up key presses for shift up and down in LFS, and also assign the shifter to up/down, then map the same key presses to the shift paddles in the Logitech profiler.
Quote from Karbine :Hi, I use a DFP, was wondering if there was a way to use my shifter knob AND the paddles without having to change the settings every time. Is this possible by doing something in the config or what?

Could use Joy2Key. Set your gear shift as, say, A for up and Z for down. Then set both the paddles and the stick to activate these buttons.
Quote from Karbine :Hi, I use a DFP, was wondering if there was a way to use my shifter knob AND the paddles without having to change the settings every time. Is this possible by doing something in the config or what?

Some people claim this isn't an issue but I don't think you can use the paddles and the shifter at the same time. You can write a script to run when pressing a key to change from paddles to shifter. You need one script for the paddles and another one for the shifter. You would need to run the script just before you leave the pits for it to take effect.

I had a similar question but no one offered a good answer. Follow this link:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=50914

Hope this helps
It can be all done from LFS.

Assign normal Keyboard keys for shift-up and shift-down in KB/Mouse mode. eg: A & Z

Assign [wheel buttons] to press Keyboard keys like Ctrl+F11 and Ctrl+F12 to the in controls menu.
Make a bind for Ctrl+F11 as /press A
Make a bind for Ctrl+F12 as /press Z

The other wheel buttons (for the gearstick shifter) should now be assigned to the Shift-Up and Shift-Down gears in Wheel/Joypad mode.

The game must be det to sequential mode to of course. (Shift-G toggles that)

Examples in use:
When you pull the flappy paddle, that will initiate the Ctrl+F11 bind which will, in-turn press the A key and that will make you shift up because that key is configured to shift-up.

When you push up on the shifter stick, the gear will shift up as you have also configured that to occur in the normal controls [Wheel/JoyPad] options.

Hope this helps
thanks for the replies. meanwhile i did it with joy2key, where i set buttons 8 and 9 (which are stick up/down) to "S" and "X". that's really all it takes, and you will be able to use paddles and stick at the same time. and most of all it doesn't interfere with H-shift mode - the additional "keyboard"-inputs are just ignored.

the problem with the profiler is: you (I?) can't assign the stick to anything, so you'd assign the paddles to "S" and "X" and within LFS the stick to shift up and down... which would delete the assignment for gears 1 & 2 in h-shift mode. apart from that it takes some time to start-up and looks resource-intense.

joy2key is pretty much straight forward. only two entries. the hardest thing was to find out which button is which.
You know guys, I tried all the above and couldn't get it to work. Perhaps is because I got a Momo wheel. My only solution was a script.

Paddles and shifter
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG