The online racing simulator
Hi all and thank you for all the replies - Troy thank you for answering the spr question - I'll do that as soon as I get home this evening. I'll also post my fastest raf file here so you guys can have a look at it.
BTW my best time is 1:29x

theirishnoob vbmenu_register("postmenu_474087", true); comment about fps makes sense however I think my rig is powerful enough - Pentium 3.4, 2GB Ram, nVidia 7800 but I'll check my fps out too.

mrodgers vbmenu_register("postmenu_474119", true); it also didn't take me too long to get 1.29.xx but when guys are clocking 1.24.xx and the WR is 1.21.xx that's a whole 5 & 8 seconds difference.

son-of-satan vbmenu_register("postmenu_474164", true); the thing is I do spin out or lock up the moment I try brake a fraction later or try carry just a little more speed through the corner?

Shotglass vbmenu_register("postmenu_474171", true); I'll post one tonight. - What I have picked up when spectating is that I brake way to early compared to others for example I'll hit the breaks at about the 100 meter mark while others hit it after the 50 meter mark and when I try that -BANG into the barrier Maybe as sam1600 says the fast guys have done some hex-editing and that's why they are able to stop so quickly ???
Quote from Count Duckula :
Shotglass vbmenu_register("postmenu_474171", true); I'll post one tonight. - What I have picked up when spectating is that I brake way to early compared to others for example I'll hit the breaks at about the 100 meter mark while others hit it after the 50 meter mark and when I try that -BANG into the barrier Maybe as sam1600 says the fast guys have done some hex-editing and that's why they are able to stop so quickly ???

NO, I can assure you, that there is no such thing like hex editing to brake later. Not in S2 licensed full version, the anti cheat protection from LFS works very well. Same goes for the .spr files you can get on lfsworld.

I do think, maybe it's your controller (what are you using) setup, car setup and lack of feel maybe. But without a replay from you driving, no one can judge that.

Again: NO, DONT PUT YOUR SLOWNESS ON CHEATING, THERE AINT! (not online in S2, not in hotlapping)
There are 3 ctitical parts to AS Nat,

Turn 9/10, the chicane before the start finish straight
Turn 2 , the fast right hander
Turn 6, the second slow hairpin

To get a faster laptime, work on these corners.

Turn 9/10 you must use a lot of kerb and not induce tc TC.
Turn 2 you must carry as much speed as possible, you don't brake, just lift
Turn 6 you must take the line which allows you to get the power down as early as possible

Make sure are you on the white line heading towards a corner, then touching the apex of every corner and touch the white line again on the exit.
hth
You can't expect to be hitting WR's when youve only driven 675 miles.
Quote from Nighty :You can't expect to be hitting WR's when youve only driven 675 miles.

Exactly. Can't believe it took so long before someone pointed that out. When you've only got 675 miles online, you haven't even got to the tip of the iceberg in terms of driving skill / experience.
Quote from sam1600 :Forget about practicing your driving.

Most (all?) of the fast guys cheat.

You should practice your hex-editing skills instead. That's the only way to be fast.

Haha.. You should get an error if you load the WR lap then.

What Vykos says, it's (nearly?) impossible to cheat online.

Quote from southamptonfc :There are 3 ctitical parts to AS Nat,

Turn 9/10, the chicane before the start finish straight
Turn 2 , the fast right hander
Turn 6, the second slow hairpin

To get a faster laptime, work on these corners.

Turn 9/10 you must use a lot of kerb and not induce tc TC.
Turn 2 you must carry as much speed as possible, you don't brake, just lift
Turn 6 you must take the line which allows you to get the power down as early as possible

Make sure are you on the white line heading towards a corner, then touching the apex of every corner and touch the white line again on the exit.
hth

In T1 (or Turn 2, as you call it) I tap the brake just a little, but maybe it's not even necessary.

I see some people who use a wheel, think that you can use digital pedals now, with TC on. That's not true, just like any other rear wheel drive you have to be easy with the throttle, play a lot with it. Not just jump on it when you think you can, get on it slightly. Same for the brakes, get off the brakes slightly, maybe trailbrake a little.

Btw, I've driven about 65228 miles (104974 Km) online.. So maybe that's says a little....
I'm online now, for the next hour. I don't race the BF1 so have no setup for it. See what I can do.
1:26:30 don't know where 4 secs are going to come from. Practice?
Quote from sam1600 :You should practice your hex-editing skills instead. That's the only way to be fast.

Hah! Classic case of sore-looser-itus if you ask me.
you should be able to get to within at least 1 to 1.5 seconds of the world lap record. That would be good pace, the last second is always the hardest to find and requires a perfect lap.

Few days ago I was racing the FOX at South City Town a combo that I have never raced. After my first ten laps i was doing 1.18s (wr is 1.12.3) I thought to myself christ!!!, where the hell are they making the time up as I thought i was doing perfect laps. Over time thought I was able to find more speed and learn how to take certain corners and gradually reduced my time down to 1.15 after 50 laps or so. It is still way off the world record but i found 3 seconds which I thought were never there!! With more practise and track time I am sure i will gradually get use to the fox and find the extra 1-2 seconds to get into the 1.13s at least. I would be happy then :P

it may look and seem impossible but its not. You just need to practise and find how to take certain corners fast. Practise makes perfect
#36 - Jakg
gotya jack... just wait untill Teamspeak :bewarespa
Quote from Nighty :1:26:30 don't know where 4 secs are going to come from. Practice?

Down to 1:25:50
I can help you out with becoming faster with the BF on Aston National. Only done 63 laps but my pb is a 1.23.41, just pm and we can might meet up at a server and i'll give you some tips.
When you start accusing the top guys of cheating, that's when you now you're a really shit racer. That said, I'm in god mode 24/7 and I'm still crap
Ok Guys here is my raf and the WR raf to compare and yea I can see where he is faster but the speed he's carrying through the 1st corner seems almost impossible???
Attached files
CD-Lap.raf - 1.6 MB - 177 views
WR-Lap.raf - 1.5 MB - 184 views
Quote from battle :I can help you out with becoming faster with the BF on Aston National. Only done 63 laps but my pb is a 1.23.41, just pm and we can might meet up at a server and i'll give you some tips.

Thanks I'll take you up on your offer I'll pm you when next I'm on proberly soon just after I've gone through the forum
Quote from Count Duckula :Ok Guys here is my raf and the WR raf to compare and yea I can see where he is faster but the speed he's carrying through the 1st corner seems almost impossible???

Your lines are just off. You are coming in at too inside and turn-in a bit late, as a whole you take corners too tightly. That makes you have to brake more and slows down your cornering speeds. What you need to do is come in to a corner on the outside and turn-in early, making a big smooth turn ending up on the outside on the exit. That way you can carry more speed through the corner and start accelerating again sooner, which makes you go faster on the straigths.
Guys Thank you all for the advise - I guess I need to practice and get right what you say.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG