The online racing simulator
LFS Replay Manager
(86 posts, started )
WR and Benchmark times not right on FE1, FE1R, KY3, KY3R, FE5, FE5R, FE6, FE6R (might be more...). Most are blank, but few that exist are random. E.g. +2 minute WR on Fern Bay Club or under minute WR on Kyoto GP Long.
Oops! Thanks Renku.. don't know what I screwed up there, the info is correct in the INI file. Will find and fix

Regards,

Ian
Release: 0.2.6.62
0.2.6.62 released

Fixed bug in Fern Bay and Kyoto Ring WR / Benchmark times.

See [POST=407199]Post #1[/POST] for ChangeLog and download info.

Regards,

Ian
Is it just me again or is the link broken?

WRs and Benchmark times still missing/broken on tracks:
Fern Bay Rally-X
Fern Bay Rally-X Reversed
Fern Bay Rally-X Green
Fern Bay Rally-X Green Reversed.
uGH! Thanks Renku.. fixed for next release.

I wrote a Perl script to automagically download 1 WR replay from every track so I could actually test some things for replays I didn't already have.. all tracks should now be sorted

Next build should be ready in a few days. MPR file handling is 85% sorted now too

Regards,

Ian
Replay Manager 0.3.0.66
Hi all..

0.3.0.66 has been released, with the biggest part of the update being MPR file handling

See [POST=407199]first post[/POST] for ChangeLog / download info.

MPR display screenshot attached

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
lrm_06.png
I get "List index out of bounds (2)" when the application tries to update/refresh/retrieve my replays.

I've also got a improvement suggestion:

If a particular replay is recorded with for example 0.5U10, look for LFS_U10.exe and use that rather than LFS.exe
And oh, 'date' column would not hurt.
Hi fel..

Quote from felplacerad :I get "List index out of bounds (2)" when the application tries to update/refresh/retrieve my replays.

Thanks for the report, I'll look into this

Quote :I've also got a improvement suggestion:

If a particular replay is recorded with for example 0.5U10, look for LFS_U10.exe and use that rather than LFS.exe

Ahh, hadn't thought about that as I only have 1 install. I'll look at sorting something for this too.

Quote :And oh, 'date' column would not hurt.

Already added in my current dev build

Regards,

Ian
Quote from felplacerad :I get "List index out of bounds (2)" when the application tries to update/refresh/retrieve my replays.

I get this too. Maybe it helps when i say that I "upgraded" from Version 2.4.xx (don´t know the exact Number, but it was "old")

After I click OK on the Error Message the Box which says "Building Replay list. Please wait..." is still on the Screen. But It seems that I can use all Functions of your Application.
The new MPR Feature is great and the Options Dialog is looking very nice now. Great work
Thanks for that too buedi.. I've tracked the bug and thought I fixed it last night, but alas....... back to the drawing board

The bug's caused by any replay that has a player name containing a ` char in it. For some silly reason, I used that as a delimiter for splitting up the results of the MPR files but obviously, if that's found "where I don't want it", it screws up the number of array elements and throws the List Index error.

Stupid me decided to use AnsiStrings for this info, so I need to rewrite that as it's just not happening how I want.

Glad you like the other bits.. there's some more "goodies" added too for the next non-bug fix release.. just need to tidy some of it up before beta testing it

Regards,

Ian
i got the error message: list index out of bounds (2) when opening the program. then it says: Building replay list, but nothing happens. i let this run for 10min. but nothing happened, so i quit it, tried it again several times with the same results.
Quote from Fischfix :i got the error message: list index out of bounds (2) when opening the program. then it says: Building replay list, but nothing happens. i let this run for 10min. but nothing happened, so i quit it, tried it again several times with the same results.

Thanks Fisch.. once the error is displayed, that's it.. it won't load any more info and won't hide the 'building list' message.. it's a bug I need to fix unfortunately.. but am working on it as I type this

Regards,

Ian
i am not sure what causes it, but if i put only let's say 15 replays in the mpr folder. it loads those 15 replays without a problem.
Hi Fisch..

Quote from Fischfix :i am not sure what causes it, but if i put only let's say 15 replays in the mpr folder. it loads those 15 replays without a problem.

It'll depend on the player names in each of the replays. If none contain a ` char, all data will load just fine (the reason I didn't spot this bug before I released this version).. but I hex-edited one of my MPR files and changed my name to include a ` char and was able to reproduce the bug.

I'm rewriting the entire replay reading / parsing functions atm as I've had to rethink the method I was using to be more reliable and stable.. hopefully I'll have this completed over the weekend

Regards,

Ian
Hi all

0.3.1.75 has been released

Patch X MPR replays now handled properly and some basic SPR usage charts added.. plus other stuff

Changelog and download info in [POST=407199]post #1[/POST].

Regards,

Ian
[REL] Replay Manager 0.3.2.77
Hi all

0.3.2.77 has been released

Regards,

Ian
[REL] Replay Manager 0.3.4.80
Hi all

0.3.4.80 has been released incorporating the ability to define specific LFS executables for specific replay game versions for better compatibility.

Regards,

Ian
Been waiting for this update!

Thank you Ian.
Nice app Ian, fusion could use this to sort the divisions in BoTT.
Hi Ian! Very nice app.

I like very much the export functions you have made. Is there a way to export result tables from single mpr files?
Hi Ian!

Thanks for the Update... downloading now. Time to start up LFS again
Thanks for the comments lads.. nice to see it may get some use for various tasks

fel: I haven't added the info yet for the multiple LFS versions to the help file, but incase you or anyone wonders in the mean time, 'LFS.exe' found in the 'Root Path' dir will be assumed for all replays that don't have a specific exe listed.. this seemed to be the most logical method for the best flexibility.

The version in the Prefs window _must_ match the version reported in the replay lists, it's also case-sensitive.. but I'll change the case-sensitivity requirement for the next build simply for convenience.

fly: yes and no
If you expand an MPR replay to view the results, make sure that replay is still selected (and the only one selected) and you can go through the main Export function and tick the 'only selected records' checkbox. This'll export the line from the main MPR grid that's selected and the results of that replay... that's the 'yes' answer (see attachment for an example)

The 'no' answer is that you can't (yet? I'll have a look though) just export the results. That said, the extra info displayed in the main MPR listing might be useful anyway, such as the date, whether there was wind enabled etc.

There's still a few more features planned, such as lap / split comparisons. The code's started for that but not got too far yet. I've also asked Scawen if he can change the SPR header to report the LFS username for both HLVC and non-HLVC replays. This'll allow me to enable the 'calculate only my replays' option in the Prefs to display results in the trends charts just for you, rather than combined for all drivers in all replays.. hoping this'll be added to patch X5 whenever that may come

Open to further suggestions too. If it's reasonable, replay related and I can code it I'll consider any suggestions

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
Snap1.png
Quote from Ian.H :
fly: yes and no
If you expand an MPR replay to view the results, make sure that replay is still selected (and the only one selected) and you can go through the main Export function and tick the 'only selected records' checkbox. This'll export the line from the main MPR grid that's selected and the results of that replay... that's the 'yes' answer (see attachment for an example)

The 'no' answer is that you can't (yet? I'll have a look though) just export the results. That said, the extra info displayed in the main MPR listing might be useful anyway, such as the date, whether there was wind enabled etc.

Thankyou! That's exactly what I was looking for.

The problem I found is that this export function is working only if I choose HTLM.
With csv or xls, it will export only the line selected and the first result of the selected mpr... is it normal?
Hi fly..

Quote from flyby3d :Thankyou! That's exactly what I was looking for.

The problem I found is that this export function is working only if I choose HTLM.
With csv or xls, it will export only the line selected and the first result of the selected mpr... is it normal?

eek! you're right.. I didn't realise that

Unfortunately, as nice as it is being able to export into the various formats, they're all handled by a 3rd party component (part of the grid). I do plan to get around to hacking these components into much better results (the HTML output is appalling.. how the company who wrote the grid can't be embarrassed by it is beyond me, looks like they used m$ runtpage as an HTML guide ). I'll look into this and either try and fix the export functions or rewrite the lot from scratch myself.. either way, I can confirm the bug and will look into this soon

Regards,

Ian

LFS Replay Manager
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG