The online racing simulator
LFS Replay Manager
(86 posts, started )
#1 - Ian.H
LFS Replay Manager
Current Version: 1.0.1.141
Patch Zxx Compatible.

Hi all

A long time ago (back in 2004) I started working on a Hotlap Manager app. This wasn't publicly released and development stopped.

A while ago, I started working on a new version that would also cater for the S2 content and after some internal team tests, have decided to release it publicly. Seeing as it's now focusing on more than just hotlaps, it's been renamed as LFS Replay Manager.

Here's a few screenshots:

Default View

Basic Filtering

Custom Filtering

Grouping & Replay Info

Exporting

Trends Charts

To obtain WR and Benchmark times, you will need to generate an ID Key at LFSWorld, although this can be either a free or premium account.

Changelog and download: <http://dsrc.digiserv.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1331>

Hopefully of use to some people :drink:

Regards,

Ian
It looks good, I'll try it out soon .
Looks very neat. Although I have very few replays so of little benefit to me I can imagine it being a blessing to others. Good work!
This is the sort of thing we need for setups! Nice tool, shall help me remove them replays from previous versions that don't play anymore
Links aren't working for me for some reason?
I have that problem too, maybe you could try with another hosting.
#7 - Ian.H
Thanks lads

Future plans include some charting functions to be able to compare splits and lap times and some other (hopefully) useful stuff. MPR files will probably display more data as there's scope for more "activity" and user-interaction (race results / league stuff maybe etc).

Setups......

Sorry about the inaccessible link to a few.. due to firewalling (nothing personal naturally). I've uploaded a copy here as an alternative (had to zip it up as .exe files aren't permitted here)

Regards,

Ian
Thanks Ian, Got it now, I will try and report what I think later.
Awesome! Thanks allot for sharing this, Ian.

Can't wait till it supports mpr's as well

Quote from Ian.H :
Setups......

Yea , something that we could organise the setups by track/how ever you want. Then the program could copy the setups out of the settings folder so you could copy a select back few into your settings folder.

Maybe even use InSim so you could use commands like $sets FE1 or $sets RACE and it then copies the setups in that group to the settings folder.

Dunno, was an idea I had a while ago and this program kinda of reminded me about it .

Keiran
MPR code is half sorted.. I had a bug or 2 in the loop to get the race data etc and removed it until I fix it, but it's already half done. Exactly what MPR features will be added, I'm not exactly sure yet.. but once I have the data in the format like SPRs, I can start thinking / looking around for ideas

As for setups Keiran.. sounds like a good idea Not sure about anything InSim _yet_ as I've never looked into it and still really a C++ n00b, but can read and there's plenty of helpful people here in the coder's forum I'm sure I could ask some things if needed.. it's one area I would like to look at and learn as that opens up an even bigger "playing field" for coding things

Regards,

Ian
Hmm... wenn I press the Update World Records link it says: Downloading World Record Data. Please wait...
... since about an hour or so

I inserted my Pubstats Key in the Options. So... what to do?
Quote from buedi :Hmm... wenn I press the Update World Records link it says: Downloading World Record Data. Please wait...
... since about an hour or so

I inserted my Pubstats Key in the Options. So... what to do?

hmm, that shouldn't be the case.. should be done and finished within a second or so.

Could you check a directory please buedi?...

C:/Documents and Settings/{username}/Application Data/.clue-by-4.org/LFSReplayMgr

(change 'C:' if you're windoze is installed on a different drive).

In there should be a few files, 'Grid.ini', 'LFSReplayMgr.ini' and 'wr.ini' ('wr.ini' may be missing and you may have a 'wr.tmp' file instead).

The data is grabbed from LFSW and saved as wr.tmp and then converted into INI format as wr.ini. Can you let me know if you have any wr.* file in the above dir? That might help me narrow down exactly what stage has broken for you.

I'll add a proper debugging log for the next version to make issues easier to track down in the future.

Not sure of the actual reason for it failing.. but I need to address it being left in the "downloading" state To close the window, right-click on its taskbar icon and select 'close' as I'm guessing the window has also become "dead" in as much as no buttons work now, including the [X] to close it.

If you could post what files you have in the above dir, I'll try and work out what's gone wrong and fix it

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :
In there should be a few files, 'Grid.ini', 'LFSReplayMgr.ini' and 'wr.ini' ('wr.ini' may be missing and you may have a 'wr.tmp' file instead).

I have "LFSReplayMgr.ini" and "wr.tmp" only. Same problem. Did complete reinstall, new ident key and has been DLing the WR data for some time.

Edit: Yes, the window is dead, but right-click to close on the taskbar icon works.
Thanks for that Renku. That narrows things down to breaking during the file conversion (assuming the wr.tmp file's not 0 bytes?). 'Grid.ini' just stores any customisations you've made to the grid display (column order / sorting / stylesheet choice etc etc so not essential to be there initially).

Added bug to the bugtracker.. I'll look into fixing this tonight when I get home along with one I've just discovered with the main export function (file doesn't get opened even if checkbox is ticked to do so).

Regards,

Ian
There is another thing: I copy my ID key, press ok, close LFSRP properly, open LFSRM and ID key has lost 11 digits. ID key should have 32 digits, but now it has 21.

"wr.tmp" is 22,4 KB
Hi Ian,

I have a WR.TMP too and it has 22.964 Bytes. Do you need the File? I don´t think it´s a Problem (because the Rest of the Program works), but on my (German) System the Directory is not Application Data, it´s calles Anwendungsdaten. I have a Appliation Data Directory, but there is only Data from 2 other Programs I use. Maybe the Converter Routine does not find the .tmp File?
Renku: Thanks for reporting that too. The ID key gets encoded when stored in the INI file (maybe this isn't really necessary.. I did it originally as my initial version used the username / passwd option rather than ID key but changed to this method of ID key as it's a bit more secure in as much as what data is transmitted across the net). I'll remove this encoding for the next build and see if that helps any.

beudi: Thanks too. Seems like both you and Renku managed to download the data, just the conversion process falls over. I had this in a previous build myself but thought I'd fixed it.. but I now know where I need to look. I don't need the file, thanks.. just wanted to make sure that it hadn't just created an empty file

'Application Data' was just a sloppy "assumption" I made in the post.. the correct dir name should be chosen automatically regardless of language / locale as the info is grabbed from the ShellExplorer info dynamically rather than me hardcoding the path.

I've implemented the logging already but will sort out a new build this evening as I need to fly out now for a few hours

Apologies for the bugs

Regards,

Ian

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what OS are you both using?
-
(Renku) DELETED by Renku

Feature request:
Does .spr file contain laps driven and track length? Is there possibility to get total driven distance? Until Scawen adds an odometer to every car I could see my offline milage.

Edit: bugreport - track column for AS7 replays is empty; for AS7R replays says "Reversed"; AS6 is "Aston North" and AS6R is "Aston North Reversed". In reality AS7 is "North" and AS6 is "Grand Touring" or smth. (I never took time to memorize the long track names, I only know the three-letter thingies.)
Quote from Renku :OS: XP Pro

Thanks Renku.. same as here.. just wanted to make sure it wasn't vista as I've not tested on that, will never install it and won't / don't support that OS.. but XP's fine (or should be, heh)

Quote :Feature request:
Does .spr file contain laps driven and track length? Is there possibility to get total driven distance? Until Scawen adds an odometer to every car I could see my offline milage.

Number of laps are there, BUT only complete laps.. if you did 50 attempts and only completed 3/4 of a lap each time, you'd effectively have done 0 laps. Track length isn't in the replays, but I have that info in the 'trackinfo.ini' file so can access that part. I guess I can try and hook up as much info as possible to get the best available reading for distance, but it won't be 100% accurate due to mentioned reasons.

Quote :Edit: bugreport - track column for AS7 replays is empty; for AS7R replays says "Reversed"; AS6 is "Aston North" and AS6R is "Aston North Reversed". In reality AS7 is "North" and AS6 is "Grand Touring" or smth. (I never took time to memorize the long track names, I only know the three-letter thingies.)

Bah! Aston is being a PITA.. too many configs lol. This one's an easy fix so I'll sort that at the same time

Regards,

Ian
Not sure if it is just me, but got the WR's/Benchmarks updated successfully EXCEPT...there are NO WR's shown for any of the reverse configs!
Can understand the AutoX being blank, but ALL tracks are showing blank for reverse...anybody else getting this?
Quote from Bladerunner :Not sure if it is just me, but got the WR's/Benchmarks updated successfully EXCEPT...there are NO WR's shown for any of the reverse configs!
Can understand the AutoX being blank, but ALL tracks are showing blank for reverse...anybody else getting this?

Hmm, yup, just downloaded a replay and it reports the same as auto-x (no WR / benchmark times). Will look into this and fix it

Regards,

Ian

EDIT: Bug found and fixed for next update
Released: 0.2.5.61
Hi all

0.2.5.61 has been released.

All reported bugs fixed and a few small features added.

See [POST=407199]Post #1[/POST] for ChangeLog and download info.

Regards,

Ian
I'm disappointed Ian, your version number is way too simple.
lol I like simple Helps my brain cell

Regards,

Ian

LFS Replay Manager
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG