The online racing simulator
American Justice
(72 posts, started )
American Justice
What a wonderful day for the US legal system.

I never fail to be impressed by the lengths that the US will go to ensure that justice is equally applied for all its citizens.

Just like Paris I'm sure he's completely reformed ......

And before I get flamed yet again, please justify this executive decision.

July 2, 2007
Criminal Bush Commutes Criminal Libby's Sentence
By Rob Kall
Libby will not serve time in prison. He will still have to pay his six figure fine-- or someone will. His two and a half year sentence has been commuted by George W. Bush.

Libby is walking the smirk walk now. It is a sad day in America. When the Vice President's agent is convicted, when an agent who probably worked on behalf of the President lied to protect others, probably Karl Rove, the rule of law in this country is at a new low.

CNN reports that 72% of Americans said now, wanted Libby to go to jail.
Bush stated,
"My decision to commute his prison sentence leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby.
The consequences of his felony conviction on his former life as a lawyer, public servant, and private citizen will be long- lasting.''
One Rasmussen poll showed that only 19% of the public and only 34% of Republicans supported a pardon for Libby.
This shows there is no law, no honor no credibility left with this rotten to the core administration. It is time for every member of congress to call for the impeachment of first Cheney, then Bush.
Definitely outrageous & completely unjustified, but anyone who's actually surprised by this hasn't been paying attention for the last 7 years ...
#3 - SamH
While I think Bush commuting the sentence of one of his buddies is completely despicable, I think it's actually justified. Scooter Libby is a crook, no doubt, but in this case, he really was a fall guy for the rest of the administration, if you listen to the statements from the jury, all the jury members say that.

The man the really should be behind bars is still sitting the the Vice President's office..
#5 - Gunn
Quote from 96 GTS :..but in this case, he really was a fall guy for the rest of the administration,...

The entire planet is a fall guy for the rest of the administration. But anyway.... life goes on. :Kick_Can_
Quote from Gunn :The entire planet is a fall guy for the rest of the administration. But anyway.... life goes on. :Kick_Can_

Well, yeah, that too....
Quote from 96 GTS :Scooter Libby is a crook, no doubt, but in this case, he really was a fall guy for the rest of the administration, if you listen to the statements from the jury, all the jury members say that.

The man the really should be behind bars is still sitting the the Vice President's office..

That only means the jurors didn't put their hands on the meat they really wanted to grind.
In my opinion Libby lied to protect a traitor who endangered national security for political calculations. This is by no means a well given pardon.
#9 - SamH
That Libby was a fall-guy doesn't actually diminish the fact that he committed a criminal offence and got 30 months for it. That Bush commuted the sentence is just insult added to the injury.

But let's face it, the American people are actively perpetuating the undermining of their own society by their inaction. This is exactly and specifically what the American people are allowed to arm themselves against, except they're shooting gas station cashiers instead of their corrupt politicians.

What Americans SHOULD do is hand Bush over, according to international law, for war crimes (the thing Blair is trying to buy his way out of by becoming a peace envoy). But would the American people comply with international law any more than their criminal president? Somehow, I just don't see it. Let's face it, right or wrong the American people won't follow international law. Libby is small-fry in the greater scheme of things.
Politicians are smart.

They have money, they use it.

Okay so maybe not intelligent, but they have common sense.

Bah- I can't complain because I don't want to be a politician. Otherwise I would have power. And power is money. Money is power.

Damn corruption.

Bush SHOULD be handed over, and see what they do to him. But remember. Money =/= law. With money you can get out of anything. And Bush is not an exception.

Then there is this Iraq and Baghdad thing. What did Baghdad ever do to the Americans? It's just something to scare the Americans and Canadians to believing that Bush is trying to help us.

Damn. Smart. Social engineering is powerful.
@Racer X N: I personally think your are the 9th terrorist in relation to the attacks in the UK.
#12 - SamH
That's a very strange thing to say at all, but especially with a straight face. Is there something I'm missing, w4h?
Quote from wheel4hummer :@Racer X N: I personally think your are the 9th terrorist in relation to the attacks in the UK.

Sometimes I feel really stupid, I'm sorry I don't get it. Could someone explain this sentence to me?
#14 - wien
Quote from Albieg :Sometimes I feel really stupid, I'm sorry I don't get it. Could someone explain this sentence to me?

If you're not with the US, you're with the terrorists. Racer X NZ criticizes Bush (The President man, the President!), hence he's a terrorist. Makes perfect sense.

Seriously w4h... WTF?
Thanks wien. Makes perfect sense... I must confess this perfect sense disturbed me so much that I wanted to completely remove it. But you know, wishful thinking beats reality. The perfection of this sense still unsettles me.
I'm sorry but my secret identity makes it impossible for me to confirm or deny that statement

Happy Jihad
Quote from Racer X NZ :

"My decision to commute his prison sentence leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby.
The consequences of his felony conviction on his former life as a lawyer, public servant, and private citizen will be long- lasting.''

Yeah, right. His next job will be out of the spotlights, but no doubt with a handsome income. The Bush administration will have to show its gratitude to him for taking the blame. (And it's probably part of a package deal that Libby made with Cheney and Bush.) A few years later, when the public has forgotten about it, he can resume his career.
On a more serious note, keep watching the news for information about their controller.

If things are running true to form they'll not be caught but further investigation will reveal interesting links between them and the intellegence community.
This is exactly what happened with the London Tube Bombings earlier.

Involving Australia was a neat idea, already they are talking about extending their Detention without Charge legislation ( only 24 hours there )

Even we are now getting armed looneys ( skymarshalls ) on some flights into NZ. ( Probably to keep NZers out of the US )

Give it a month and lets see the legislative changes designed to ' keep you safe '.
Just to be fair, I think this needs to be noted and read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F ... acional_%28Puerto_Rico%29

In a nutshell, they were (are) Puerto Rican terrorists. How do I know that, you say?

Because my wifes Uncle was one of them. And he admits they had they same intentions as Al Queda.

The grass is not always greener on the other side!
Quote from Albieg :Sometimes I feel really stupid, I'm sorry I don't get it. Could someone explain this sentence to me?

i think any translation of this would get the translater into mod infested waters
Quote from wheel4hummer :@Racer X N: I personally think your are the 9th terrorist in relation to the attacks in the UK.

You mean he's an incompetent amateurish fool?
Such is the price I pay for asking people to wake up and actually think.

Red pill or Blue pill people ...................
I saw the matrix on showcase a few days ago..

Or at least the beginning. Now the movies actually make sense.

I used to only like the action scenes but now I am actually a fan of it
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :I saw the matrix on showcase a few days ago... Now the movies actually make sense.

Hahaha. You should rent Terry Gilliam's film, "Brazil". It's over 20 years old but it applies so neatly to modern-day america that you may actually wet yourself laughing.

(it is a very funny film even without the terrorism backdrop, to be fair)
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hahaha. You should rent Terry Gilliam's film, "Brazil". It's over 20 years old but it applies so neatly to modern-day america that you may actually wet yourself laughing.

(it is a very funny film even without the terrorism backdrop, to be fair)

Or modern day Great Brittan. In my opinion, I feel America is still pretty far from the police state that I feel is starting to fester and grow in GB.

And YOU may think "Brazil" was funny, but it scared the sh*t out of me.

American Justice
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG