The online racing simulator
TEST Patch X3 (compatible with X)
WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

Hello Racers.

Here is a new compatible test patch X3 with some fixes and minor updates.

Please read the list of changes below.

The patch is fully compatible with version X.

Changes in TEST PATCH X3 :

Updates :

Graphics option : 32 bit sky (set to 32 bit by default)
Improved texture purging code (avoiding possible crash)
Analogue steer smooth max raised to 0.95 (for gamepads)
Improved translation system for user kick / ban messages
FIX : Shift light was invisible in single player replays
FIX : GetPlateHandle failed - sometimes - on a busy host

Multiplayer :

Removed full hosts filter from List of Games screen
FIX : Command /end did not work if no players in race
FIX : A player is connecting stayed on after MPR finished

InSim :

FIX : Guests could not see ALWAYS_ON buttons in all screens
FIX : Guests sent corrupted data in a long IS_BTT packet

Changes in TEST PATCH X2 :

Updates :

Various translation files have been updated

InSim :

Driver model byte added to IS_NPL packet
Minimum MCI / NLP time interval reduced to 50 ms
New packet IS_AXO sent when an autocross object is hit
New packets IS_AXI and IS_AXC report layout information
FIX : Dedicated host could not fill in split nodes info
FIX : Dedicated host did not report race positions

Multiplayer :

Added handicaps / start position / user name to MPR header
FIX : It was possible for any guest to cause a host to crash

DOWNLOAD :

PATCH (Version X must already be installed) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_TEST_X3.exe

ZIP VERSION (If you prefer a zip file) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_TEST_X3.zip

DEDICATED HOST (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_X3.zip
Quote :Removed full hosts filter from List of Games screen

So we cannot filter full hosts out of the server list anymore? Or are they always filtered out now?
No, you cannot filter out full hosts any more. The filter often produced apparently wrong results anyway, due to the complication of admin slots. This produced bug reports like "I can see full hosts even with full hosts filtered out".

I can't see much point in the full filter, it just filters out those few hosts which are actually full, but if a host is full it probably won't be full very soon. I asked what anyone thought about removing it but with no replies, I decided to go with what I thought. It's not a really useful filter like the "empty" filter. There are just a few full hosts at any time.
Yeah, sounds fine to me. There are rarely more than four or five full public hosts, so I don't see it making much difference at all.
Sorry to report Scawen, but I got a "ReleasePlateHandle failed" message twice, after loading two different tracks. Everything seems to be working fine otherwise, but I thought I'd better report it.
^ I can confirm that. Happens every time I change location (like South City > Aston).
But only in single player. Changing track as a host works fine.
Now i get the "ReleasePlateHandle failed" error every time i load a track offline.

E:argh :P
Just duplicated a default full patch X install and applied the test patch. Any time i change tracks in single player, i`m also getting the "ReleasePlateHandle failed" message shown briefly at top left of the screen showing the AI car list. There`s also a small beep sounding once just before i see that screen when the track is loading in.

The horrible gradiented 16-bit sky is gone from fern bay tho, so hey. I can live with it
ReleasePlateHandle failed same with me
OK thanks for that report.

Warning : unnecessary technical explanation - I'm making sure the car releases its plate handle more often, to make sure we don't run out of plate handles, which used to produce the message "GetPlateHandle failed". I think the solution will be to simply remove the message "ReleasePlateHandle failed". It doesn't matter if a plate handle can't be released - I guess that loading a track removes all the number plates becausde of the texture reload. Then the car tries to release its existing plate when it is regenerated - which it can't because there aren't any. This is all because the cars share some number plate textures.

I don't think I'll release a new X4 specially for that - if it's only once every time you change track it's no big deal needing an instant fix. We'll see if there are any other issues. I am more concerned if there is a message "GetPlateHandle failed" - that implies there is a bug and means your number plate won't be shown.
32 Bit Sky is great.

Blackwood at evening now looks pretty pretty good
#12 - Don
:lovies3d:
Attached images
32b.jpg
Thanks for the 32 bit skies, kidcodea will be proud of you.

I think removing the full host filter is fine, I've never used this one.

If you put X3 on the auto updater, can you please include my updated translation?
Thanks a lot, Scawen. Especially for the gamepad fix Hope it works
Fantastic patch Scawen
Quote from Gil07 :Thanks a lot, Scawen. Especially for the gamepad fix Hope it works

+1
With the new voting system, sometimes it is still inconvenient to vote. There is a time limit till you can vote for restart, and before that moment all the votes are cancelled.

I think, it is better to make it another way: drivers can vote, but voting makes effect only after a specified time. For example, now before a restart you see "Race restarts : 3, 2, 1". Maybe let people vote before "no-restart" period, and if 1/2 votes for restart, show a message like "Race restarts: 67, 66, 65..."
Quote from GP4Flo :If you put X3 on the auto updater, can you please include my updated translation?

Don't worry, I'm not rushing to put it on the auto updater - it must be really stable and not have that reported bug for example. And there will be several translation updates for the improved vote strings.

I don't know when it will go on the updater but I think it's important to get these fixes on there quite soon as some of the host systems depend on the guest side InSim fixes.
Quote from [ADT]sid :"Analogue steer smooth max raised to 0.95 (for gamepads)" this means that we have the steer center reduction like the option in mouses ?? becouse my gamepad is a ps3 cotroller and the analogs are not perfectly centered (i mean like 10 mm) and if i dont touch anithing the wheel is not centered

no thats something else
for that you will have to set "wheel turn" as low as it will go and set "wheel turn compensation" to a setting that suits your needs
I'm very unsure about if this is the right place.
As I'm not sure if I should call it a fix or a request.

Anyway, I have two monitors, and sometimes LFS opens on my secondary monitor in full mode.
The thing is that I get the message that LFS can't go to window mode because its not on the primary monitor.

If its not too much work could you fix it so that SHIFT + F4 works on the secondary monitor too?

No biggie though.
Quote from Scawen :OK thanks for that report.

Warning : unnecessary technical explanation - I'm making sure the car releases its plate handle more often, to make sure we don't run out of plate handles, which used to produce the message "GetPlateHandle failed". I think the solution will be to simply remove the message "ReleasePlateHandle failed". It doesn't matter if a plate handle can't be released - I guess that loading a track removes all the number plates becausde of the texture reload. Then the car tries to release its existing plate when it is regenerated - which it can't because there aren't any. This is all because the cars share some number plate textures.

I don't think I'll release a new X4 specially for that - if it's only once every time you change track it's no big deal needing an instant fix. We'll see if there are any other issues. I am more concerned if there is a message "GetPlateHandle failed" - that implies there is a bug and means your number plate won't be shown.

First, do you mind shortly explaining what "PlateHandle" is, just so it might help understand please, I'm kinda interested in this.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :First, do you mind shortly explaining what "PlateHandle" is, just so it might help understand please, I'm kinda interested in this.

id guess its a pointer to the texture generated and stored from your plate string
When im start the client, and connect the server, anything is ok.
When I'm disconnect, and connect to other, i have skipping of screen, some freeze for 0,5 of second and its still, but when I restart lfs, and connect, anything is ok. When disconnect and connect to other... it backs...

its in x, and in x3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG