The online racing simulator
what? an rFactor car that I should try?
(64 posts, started )
Perhaps!

Hopefully, tomorrow will see the release of the Corvette C6, a 400hp, torque-y machine that tries hard to bring rFactors physics to a new level. To our best knowledge, this car is the most advanced (physics wise) yet to appear for rFactor. It tries to use tyres that are actually from this planet, amongst suspension and other parameters that seem to make sense.

Stay tuned, download URL will be added when done, probably tomorrow...

Edit: here it is!!! version 1 is available for download

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Corvette%20C6

hopefully some nicer direct download mirrors will be added.

/Niels
Attached images
c6_woot.jpg
When people mentioned the C6, I thought they meant the Citroën
Awesome.
Havent touch rFactor for months but i might give this car a go if its as good as you say
That looks like a snapshot from the "Cars" movie... Sorry, NHF
I will surely try that...
Do you know if it was made to take advantage of the RealFeel FFB Plugin? I think the suspension has to be made using car factory for it to work.
I've been enjoying the hell out of the new Caterham mod for rFactor which takes advantage of the new carFactory suspension design tool. Together with the realFeel plug-in which generates force feedback from the underlying physics instead of relying on event driven effects, it's a real eye-opener. Finally, almost two years after it was released, a car in rFactor actually feels like a car! The disconnected floating feeling is gone, the suspension actually works and the car's dynamic behaviour feels intuitively right.

I almost hate to say it -- and I'm as surprised as anyone that I could think this way about a car in rFactor -- but in my opinion a carFactory designed Caterham with the realFeel plug-in on a well-designed track add-on like Varano or Goldenport offers an even better driving experience than LFS right now. There are a lot of caveats -- the realFeel plug-in highlights how poorly made the bulk of current rFactor car and track add-ons are and LFS still offers a better overall racing experience -- but the bar has been raised.

I look forward to trying your Corvette when it's released, Niels, and hope that it manages to raise the standard even higher.
post 1 updated, its out!
Nice job Niels and Some1, hopefully it will be a good car
Just had 2 laps around Lime Rock and I can say it feels GREAT! Fine job some1 and Niels, good to have something worth driving while anticipating the next patch.
Thanks!

Yes, the car was made with all the tools that should make the 'realfeel' ff plugin work, although you really want to get at least a G25

There are car upgrades, one is 'realfeel' which disables the default FF completely. The readme has some base realfeel ini settings.
The car is very nice, but that realfeel just doesn't work properly. If im in a slide the FFB shouldn't be fighting against me trying to correct it. Maybe i just have it set up wrong ... but the FFB felt horrible.
Quote from VALE 46 :The car is very nice, but that realfeel just doesn't work properly. If im in a slide the FFB shouldn't be fighting against me trying to correct it. Maybe i just have it set up wrong ... but the FFB felt horrible.

Try reversing your FFB effects, Realfeel works differently for individual cars depending on how the suspension works.
yeah, with my DFP i have to add a negative symbol to in the realfeelplugin.ini folder. I havent really driven the car much yet. just a few laps around tsukuba and managed to get in the high 1:04's.
[Corvette]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-6000.000000
SteeringDamper=2500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
Just gave it a shakedown at my new favourite test track, Varano. Excellent job!

My only slight niggle is that the force feedback feels a bit notchy around the centre. It's got nothing to do with reversed feedback effects or anything like that. It feels as though it has something to do with self-aligning torque or the hysteresis of the tyres, particularly at low slip angles. Interestingly, when I tried substituting the V8Factor TBC tyre file in place of the C6_tires TBC as a test, the notchiness was much less pronounced, so it's related to the tyres in some way. It's only a minor niggle, really, as the rest of the package is superb.

The Corvette joins the very small stable of cars (present count: 3) that I can actually stand to drive in rFactor. Well done!
Quote from Bramski :Do you know if it was made to take advantage of the RealFeel FFB Plugin? I think the suspension has to be made using car factory for it to work.

My understanding is that they're two completely separate programs and car factory does nothing other than produce plausible suspension that doesn't want to rip the drivers arms off.
i think this might be my fav car in rfactor. I see there isnt any visible damage modeling. i cant wait to see what cars you guys release next. viper? s2000? F430?
Quote from Gabkicks :i cant wait to see what cars you guys release next. viper? s2000? F430?

Some1 also made a beautiful Honda NSX for Racer...
Thanks! Glad to see the 'ultimate test' turn out ok: LFS players on rFactor tends to be a sure 'miss' If LFS players find an rFactor car drivable, its a good sign!

I have no force feedback so I have no idea how that feels, I hoped it would be as good as rFactor can do with realfeel. The TBC file has an 'pneumatictrail' value, you can play with that to change the FF, and of course the main realfeel ini settings play a big role..
Fantastic to drive, it just feels like a...

...car
Quote from wsinda :Some1 also made a beautiful Honda NSX for Racer...

yeah that'd be awsome
Update: resolved my notchy force feedback by adjusting the MaxForceAtSteeringRack value in RealFeelPlugin.ini from the usual setting that I use of -1000.0 to -1850.0. I know that the C6 readme suggests using a much higher (well, lower when you take the -ve sign into account) setting than that but higher (lower) settings tend to smooth out the force feedback too much for my taste.
#23 - JTbo
Great to see that you got it released, maybe NOW there is HUGE revolution and rFactor modders and ISI are going to think again their opinions, truly brilliantly handling car

If I just could make such great materials, car looks really great
This plus that Le Mans track, bying rFactor feels quite tempting.
yeah, the old track looks great. i hit 181mph with the corvette on the chicaneless straightaway. :P
there doesnt appear to be any visible damage.

(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG