The online racing simulator
what? an rFactor car that I should try?
(64 posts, started )
Work on the new version continues, tyres are made more around 'rules' (i.e. simple maths on the thread width / sidewall height to get load sensitivity / peak slip / peak slip change with load etc).. which seems to work well.. Elsewhere on this forum I was shown a big inertia database that seemed to imply that the inertias where too low, which is good news, if you can make them higher the car will become easier and 'slower' in response, helping yaw and roll behaviour, while seemingly being more realistic just looking at the numbers..

Been long enough for a new vid..

PS notice it is topless now.. though for those who don't like nudity, the topped version is still available..
Attached files
bigone.rar - 1.4 MB - 127 views
it appears you got rid of the whistling sound as well? can't wait to try the updated car out .
Niels, the C6 Corvette is easily my favourite mod for rFactor and I'm glad to see that you and some1 are still tweaking and refining it. Can't wait to try out the new version when it's released!
The rFactor developers should talk to the LFS developers to get advice about how to make realistic physics. After plenty of years ISI still doesnt know how to make real physics, while LFS already have it from S1.

For me rFactor is an arcade game and all those usermade addon cars are just making the game more arcadeish and wrong, the Corvette included.

Put your efforts into making cars for LFS instead of rCraptor, afterall this is a LFS forum.
nice trolling frank. you cant make cars for lfs yet as its still an alpha.
#56 - DeKo
Quote from frankwer :The rFactor developers should talk to the LFS developers to get advice about how to make realistic physics. After plenty of years ISI still doesnt know how to make real physics, while LFS already have it from S1.

For me rFactor is an arcade game and all those usermade addon cars are just making the game more arcadeish and wrong, the Corvette included.

Put your efforts into making cars for LFS instead of rCraptor, afterall this is a LFS forum.

To be frank, piss off. The corvette is a very decent mod. Have you ever fired up anything more than the rfactor demo? Try giving the corvette mod a shot, its very good.

Also, why the **** would he waste his time making cars for LFS when clearly its impossible to put them in game (well not impossible, but fairly pointless.) Anyway, you cant love LFS that much, by flicking through your previous posts.

The pun was poor.
I`m busted
I don`t like R-Factor, and maybe you should rather post this on a forum that belong to that game, since many people here don`t like that game too much.

But I would personally say I have nothing against it, and the car itself looks cool
#59 - JTbo
I suspect Norweigian conspiracy against rFactor here

Would do cars for LFS if that would be possible, that just is not

Comparing ISI made cars and best addon cars is like comparing tarmac and ice cream, there is not much same in handling like there is not much same in tarmac and ice cream either

I watched video from new version of corvette and it did look too relaxed slide, but hard to judge anything without testing it, so I wait until Niels get's new version done, hopefully there is bit biting effect too, there was some in first version, it was not as easy to slide as video clips show, with realistic steering wheel turn you had to really drive it and know what you do, often spinning if not being careful.
Well, I guess that is difference between talented driver (Niels) and not so good driver (me), but even I'm slow and not so good it does not stop enjoying from it.
Quote :I suspect Norweigian conspiracy against rFactor here

You should only know :hide:
Looks very controllable.
Niels: That looks great, i love how you suddenly switch to a more aggressive driving style Car looks great, sounds great and you even got the mirrors to look how they should and not like in most other mods way out of proportions.
Seems to have progressed quite a bit since I last worked on it, Niels! Good work!

I'm planning on doing the same thing with my friend's RX-7 FD '93. Maybe I could come to you for advice?

what? an rFactor car that I should try?
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG