The online racing simulator
All in the mind
(11 posts, started )
All in the mind
Heard a great radio show today about the mental preperation F1 drivers go through before a race, Jenson Button gives some intersting info

I wonder if any of the league drivers here in LFS go through any similar preperations?

heres the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod ... shtml?radio4/allinthemind

the single best piece of advice whilst racing IMO is "stay in the present" I wish I could

SD.
I do truely believe in PMA, apparently, it's something Lewis Hamilton has in spades..........
I pray and send my blessings to the master server, asking in return for protection from laggy noobs so I can drive in peace
Quote :the single best piece of advice whilst racing IMO is "stay in the present" I wish I could

So true ,don't think about that great split you just wasted or what could happen next lap..... focus 100% on the next corner, not that easy though.
PMA is far more important in LFS than even the best setup IMO,Very interesting broadcast SD thanks for link

GTG and taunt fellow drivers of being in boy band's
Quote from danowat :I do truely believe in PMA, apparently, it's something Lewis Hamilton has in spades..........

Can you say that?
For me it's "think of a song and let it play in your head". Concentration is over-rated
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
i was just doing some laps and concentrating really hard but setting average laptimes, then for some reason i got distracted and didnt even notice what turns i was taking and next thing i know i set a pb
I hate that phrase; "PMA". It gives me an extremely negative mental attitude.

It's nearly as bad as "proactive". It should be legal to bludgeon people to death for saying "proactive".
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's nearly as bad as "proactive". It should be legal to bludgeon people to death for saying "proactive".

i think youre missing the amazing synergetic effect of utilizing pma and a proactive attitude combined with the skill to flexibly downsize on either of the two or even both of them which really is a impactful core competency
:bananadea
read it several time i believe eventually it will make sense

in many ways it is like wally performance report:
I streamlined my business processes while honing my participatory style and my proactive attitude, all while valuing diversity!

All in the mind
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG