The online racing simulator
Driven By Passion - Summer 07 Events
(45 posts, started )

Driven By Passion would like to present news of two new summer leagues for the LFS Community. Both of these have now launched and more information can be found by using the links provided below. The Events are open to all S2 Drivers and we hope to have some summer fun with friends.

DBP MultiCup Twist 2007:

The DrivenByPassion MultiCup Twist 2007 is a multiple car / track combo season. Challenging Drivers to race with some strange and popular car/track combinations. There are several Twists in the series, hence the name, some are revealed within its own website, and others will come in the closing days of entry before the first race. The links below will help you find out more.

MultiCup Twist Website

MultiCup Twist Forums at DBP

DBP's MRT5 Series:

The MRT5 Series from DrivenByPassion is what you may expect a series with the MRT5 Car from LFS. This car has given the DrivenByPassion team much fun over the last few months of testing and it is our hope that you will come and share in that fun within our league. Links below will help you find out more.

MRT5 Series Website

MRT5 Series Forums at DBP

Thanks for taking the time to browse this thread, it costs nothing to have a read, and you might find something that intersts you there, so please, come have a look. Hope to see your applications flooding in .

DrivenByPassion

i just signd up
cya there people better watch out nicks about
#4 - Bee
I'm interested in entering the MRT5 comp however I just have a concern over Teamspeak, is it essential or can we get away with not using it and just staying quiet during the races?
Its there for those who want to use it, our team will be on there, along with any guests who wish to be there, no, its not essential
#6 - Bee
Ok then I'll enter myself.
Really looking forward to this...

MRT's always create such close racing...

And the Multi Cup... some serious curveballs in there .. and even us team members don't even know what they are !

As for Team Speak, if anyone does come on.. it's usually good banter with the DBP guys !
#8 - Bee
As soon as I have entered the championship, I have to leave as some work has came up over the next few weekends and so I'll miss out a fair few races.

Sorry for the inconvinence caused.
Will leave your entry there, just means you will get race details emails before each race, if you can be there, great stuff, if not, dont worry about it

Hope to see you at some!
#10 - Bee
Quote from mkinnov8 :Will leave your entry there, just means you will get race details emails before each race, if you can be there, great stuff, if not, dont worry about it

Hope to see you at some!

Ok, thank you very much.
Hi DBP

I have entered but there was no space for team name on the entry form. so
team: parkfield motorsport

thanks
#12 - bozo
I've entered, so only 5 grid slots left ...
4 now Cya all tomorrow night! Expect emails around 5pm
#14 - bozo
Quote from mkinnov8 :Expect emails around 5pm

Errr, email? Rules state we'll know the combo 3 hours before the event.
I have nothing also
#16 - bozo
Ant, you'll be in an MRT. I've PM'd you the server details.

It looks like everybody is driving either an MRT or LX4 for both races tonight - no details of anybody have a different car for the second race.
#17 - bozo
We got there in the end, and had some good racing. Thank you.

Could we clarify some of the rules before the next race though?

The MRT was not in the list of 12 cars that we were due to be racing during this season, but it was used tonight. I've prepared the 12 cars with setups. Luckily I have used the MRT before and had a setup. Are we restricting the future races to just the 12 announced cars?

I think there was some teleporting during the quali, but no penalties. If so, that unfairly disadvantages those who stuck to the rules.

Other than that, everything went well and it was good to see some close fair racing ... and some kind deeds to rescue those who got stuck
Kind of surprised by the use of MRT but I cant complain.

Had a good quali & race one all went well but then race 2, i was being cautious passing slower cars when somebody spun ahead, for some reason FAC mark drove into the upside down car & knocked him into my path. What happened next just made me laugh (see pic)

Thanks to Stoney for saving my wrecked car
Attached images
launch.JPG
Don't know what happened with your emails - they were sent (and received by most) at around 4:50.

As for the MRT - yeah, you have a point. We'll review. Anyway, the racing was very close.

We'll look into the teleporting during quali as well. I didn't notice anything myself, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Good fun tonight. Thanks all.
Quote from anttt69 :Hi DBP

I have entered but there was no space for team name on the entry form. so
team: parkfield motorsport

thanks

That appears to be my mistake.. with several leagues running at once, it seems ive gotten confused with my forms.. No matter however.

Quote from bozo :Errr, email? Rules state we'll know the combo 3 hours before the event.

Yep emails sent and confirmed as sent at... 17:31 3rd July 2007

Quote from anttt69 :I have nothing also

Ant your email address returned my email as delayed. I guess it never got there. I was confident it would, and had gone out. Sorry.

Quote from bozo :We got there in the end, and had some good racing. Thank you.

Could we clarify some of the rules before the next race though?

The MRT was not in the list of 12 cars that we were due to be racing during this season, but it was used tonight. I've prepared the 12 cars with setups. Luckily I have used the MRT before and had a setup. Are we restricting the future races to just the 12 announced cars?

Apologies.. that one was my fault too. It seems in my haste to get the website produced, ive missed out a car, possibly two. You can be assured however that only the cars pictured will be in the remaining races this season.

Quote from bozo : I think there was some teleporting during the quali, but no penalties. If so, that unfairly disadvantages those who stuck to the rules.

Other than that, everything went well and it was good to see some close fair racing ... and some kind deeds to rescue those who got stuck

Maddmaff, with some help from DBP was running the event tonight. I have not reviewed replays and didn't expect to even be back in time to race tonight, but in the course of creating the results (before Saturday), I will review all and penalise where necessary.

Just my answers to the above posts. Anything official to follow.
#21 - bozo
Quote from mkinnov8 :
Maddmaff, with some help from DBP was running the event tonight. I have not reviewed replays and didn't expect to even be back in time to race tonight, but in the course of creating the results (before Saturday), I will review all and penalise where necessary.

Many thanks for your responses. I'm not looking for any retrospective penalties to apply (any penalty for teleporting would have applied for the race in question), but I would like to make sure everybody is aware of these rules and not flaunting them in future events.

Edit: I've seen the results on the MultiCup Twist website. Very prompt, well done. Nice to see one person had read the rules and survived the event without picking up any 'naughty points'!
Show off bozo

But yes, well done.
Good racing guys...

Enjoyed it !
Quote from anttt69 :Kind of surprised by the use of MRT but I cant complain.

Had a good quali & race one all went well but then race 2, i was being cautious passing slower cars when somebody spun ahead, for some reason FAC mark drove into the upside down car & knocked him into my path. What happened next just made me laugh (see pic)

Thanks to Stoney for saving my wrecked car

I wont recall that, but it was little crazy situation... cars flying everywhere
Couldn't avoid them all, sorry for inconvenience
Quote from Mark13 :I wont recall that, but it was little crazy situation... cars flying everywhere
Couldn't avoid them all, sorry for inconvenience

no problem mark, just seemed a bit strange as there was only one car mad maff on his roof sliding & you did'nt break or avoid him. Maybe you were thinking of a different accident. the knock on effects also put [DBP] B-Rad out of the race

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG