The online racing simulator
Quote from AndroidXP :You're reading it wrong.

In the file it is 01 72 79 46, but in the MPR.txt it reads that the 4 byte integer is saved with the lowest byte first. So you actually have to read it as 46 79 72 01, which is 1182364161 seconds, which translates to "20.06.2007, 18:29:21"

Ooohhh, stupid! Thanks a lot!
just found a small bug. I was watching a replay and just before it ended the message: "a new player is connecting" appeared. The replay do not show him connecting anymore. After that i deleted an old player name, profil however its called and then i was about to exit the game but i couldn't. The message "please wait - a player is connecting" appeared and i could not exit using the "ok" button but esc worked as usual.
Scawen did you see this thread? Sorry if you have seen it and I have no intention to push this issues down your throat or what so ever. I should have posted it in the bugs-section anyway, but I noticed it too late.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25730

I just discovered another problem. (all with version X by the way)
I was racing 10 AI's on BL1 and in the first corner some AI's hit eachother. AI3 made a safe reset, hit a wall, jumped over the fence and ended up on the wrong side of it. After that, it kept resetting itself but stayed on the wrong side of the fence. I have a SPR to go with it, but it's too large too upload on this forum. (7 Mb)
Unrelated to what you're working on in this patch, but I just found a simple bug: creating a new skin setup in the garage, pitting out, and pitting back in will unselect the skin you just added to the list in the garage.
I did this in qualifying, and I think I had this bug before during a race too.. so it shouldn't be too hard to duplicate. If it isn't, I'll check back later and give more info.
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : Dedicated host could not fill in split nodes info
FIX : Dedicated host did not report race positions

not sure what this should fix, but it did not fix, the problem, having the correct positions and splits on lfs-world race progress bars on AU1 and on BL3 it does not even show you are on BL in lfsworld. it tells you: "you are on track" and then nothing.

at least a race-position would be something good to have on the top right in the client, but this is not the right forum i know...
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :weather, huh?

Yeah you know... Clear Day, Cloudy Afternoon and Cloudy Morgning in the top left when selecting a track...
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :weather, huh?

Come on, we all know it means sunny, cloudy, evening, morning, etc. No need to bring it up...
FE Black Out of Bounds Bug detected
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Come on, we all know it means sunny, cloudy, evening, morning, etc. No need to bring it up...

sorry, didn't think of that.
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : replay was 0.5X
i think this was already reported but anyway...
if you exit a replay when the "New player is connecting" message appears, and then try to change any of the options in the main menu you wont be able to change nothing, and LFS wont quit either, only by the task manager, the debug message is "Please wait - a player is connecting".
Hard to reproduce but I really believe this guy who explains me after a race that even with activated pitlimiter me got this 84km/h in the pits. See att. file.

I´ll check on the replay once more.
Attached images
pit3.JPG
Quote from Barroso :i think this was already reported but anyway...
if you exit a replay when the "New player is connecting" message appears, and then try to change any of the options in the main menu you wont be able to change nothing, and LFS wont quit either, only by the task manager, the debug message is "Please wait - a player is connecting".

Quote from 510N3D :just found a small bug. I was watching a replay and just before it ended the message: "a new player is connecting" appeared. The replay do not show him connecting anymore. After that i deleted an old player name, profil however its called and then i was about to exit the game but i couldn't. The message "please wait - a player is connecting" appeared and i could not exit using the "ok" button but esc worked as usual.

Esc didn't worked for you?
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :Hard to reproduce but I really believe this guy who explains me after a race that even with activated pitlimiter me got this 84km/h in the pits. See att. file.

Wait a minute there, explain why you posted an S2 screenshot as a demo racer, and have no stats in LFSW? Basically you just committed account suicide.
Quote from h3adbang3r :Wait a minute there, explain why you posted an S2 screenshot as a demo racer, and have no stats in LFSW? Basically you just committed account suicide.

Hang on now, why are you so damn nosey 'bout everyones accounts?
You´re just making yourself look like a fool.
And if you really suspect someone to be hacking, this part of the forum isn't really the correct place, now is it? Just like this post, neither yours has nothing to do with the test patches.

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=R.Kolz

Quote from TDRT Spøgelset : Hard to reproduce but I really believe this guy who explains me after a race that even with activated pitlimiter me got this 84km/h in the pits. See att. file.

And whilst I´m at it, may I suggest he is using "blip at gear change down"?, since if you change up to say 6th and rapidly change down to 2nd it gives that blip on every downshift thus gives a km/h or two everytime if throttle pedal is just kept floored.
Sorry, he just looked a little suspicious
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before. Noticed this many times now:
The starting light sequence has often already started before my car is put on the grid (one, or sometimes even two lights are already on). This seems to be worse when there's less cars on the grid. Therefore I take it the delay time before starting the light sequence depends on the amount of cars on the grid?
Isn't it possible to "see" when every car is positioned on the grid? In that case you could use that as a trigger to start the light sequence...
I'm almost sure you have already given this option a thought if it would be possible, but you never know...
if there is just few cars on grid red lights are on emedietly, and if there is 20+ cars, you'll wait 10+ sec to see red lights...
Quote from h3adbang3r :Wait a minute there, explain why you posted an S2 screenshot as a demo racer, and have no stats in LFSW? Basically you just committed account suicide.

Maybe another acoount name too?..

He has a valid S2.. I know that for sure..

And the picure is from a race yesterday showing Jimmy Larsen.... not Spøgelset..

I got a link for that.. http://www.lfs-forum.dk/showpost.php?p=6659&postcount=5
Last night I managed to get the "WRONG WAY - SPECTATE" message and not actually get spectated. The message stayed on my screen and I was able to continue driving around (in the right direction). I then tried it again (wrong way) and got the message twice before it actually spectated me. Is this the expected behavior or is there something weird going on?

I'm not sure if it's reproducible, but I'll try it again when I get home from work.
Edit: Sorry, my mistake. Brain melted by a whole day of programming...
Quote from DarkTimes :The 24 and 36 are the wrong way round in the first one... Other than that the whole MPR seems A-OK.

No, it's correct. Did you even read what those numbers mean? The lfs user name is 24 bytes long starting at offset 36. Nothing wrong there.

\/\/\/ Ah yeah, typical programming burnout syndrome
Ah, sorry. Got the length and offset mixed up. Yes, I did read then, I just made a mistake. Sorry...
Maybe not a bug but still irritating:

I was driving in the pitlane after a pitstop with the limitor on and somebody raced out of his pitbox (just joined) I get hit and go over the speedlimit and receive a stop and go penalty.

There seems to be something wrong there, but do not have a clue on how to solve it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG