The online racing simulator
Patch X in a .zip? Please?
(17 posts, closed, started )
Niko, try removing the word 'patch', see if that works.

DK
#2 - Mauni
It is zipped at LFS download page. Howcome it won't let you install?
#3 - Gunn
Vista probably won't let him run the exe because it isn't made by Sony.
I'd like it as a ZIP or EXE for my copy on the lappy with no net connection
#5 - Lible
Scawen, what kind of trickery is that!? Why is LFS avaiable only in a self executable format? Bring back .zips
Quote from Lible :Scawen, what kind of trickery is that!? Why is LFS avaiable only in a self executable format? Bring back .zips

To put it bluntly, many people are too stupid to handle zips.
#8 - Lible
Well, you're right, but there still should be a .zip file for "advanced" users, it makes things much, much better.
You can't get a quickly get a spare copy of your dds folder from a self-executable, you have to extract everything first and then delete everything again. Not a major thing tough.
#9 - Woz
Quote from Lible :Well, you're right, but there still should be a .zip file for "advanced" users, it makes things much, much better.
You can't get a quickly get a spare copy of your dds folder from a self-executable, you have to extract everything first and then delete everything again. Not a major thing tough.

But then there should be "are you sure?" an advanced version of Vista "are you sure?" that should allow you to execute "are you sure?" what you feel like

The reason for the move to exe only appears to be linked to the new auto patch system. I would also assume they got fed up with a constant stream of questions sent to support from people that could not unzip the file or that would unzip to a flat directory structure then wonder why LFS did not work.

In all fairness. MS have to sort Vista and make it usable. All the Trusted Computing is causing chaos and stopping adoption because of problems like this.
you could just open the executable in winzip by dragging the zip file onto the winzip icon. Or open the exe in winrar.

"Advanced users" should know this!
Yes, but this is LFS noob, that's why he didn't know you can do that. Doesn't fit into the "Advanced users" group.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, but this is LFS noob, that's why he didn't know you can do that. Doesn't fit into the "Advanced users" group.

ROFL
Don't make fun of Niko.
MMkay but can I call ya sexy?
Quote from LFSn00b :No, you're a noob. I didn't want this name, i would like to get it changed as soon as possible.

Seriously, the community is showing me only bad sides of the community. I am just a S2 licensed user, who enjoys playing LFS. In fact, i still think LFS is the best simulation game(and it is!) but the community is making me vomit. Nearly every server where i go i get "Hi noob" messages, and here i am called a noob. Seriously, i DON'T want to get called as a noob, because it's just annoying. Come on, i already found a team where i want to be, and i have stayed in it for nearly 4-5 MONTHS. Is that not enough?

PLEASE STOP CALLING ME A NOOB.

Niko.

Cr!t!calDrift - behave yourself

Nice intro you have at your team's site Niko BTW , not like all these flash animations-movies.
zip provided. Threads going O/T. closed.
This thread is closed

Patch X in a .zip? Please?
(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG