The online racing simulator
I did it
(4 posts, started )
I did it
I managed to implement "my own graphics" in LFS. Using a modified d3d8.dll.

Works fine.
As i did all other tools with vb2005 i am not good enough with vc++2005 to create a UDP Client. Means, i am not able to get the Information (Speed, RPM, Fuel) from LFS. In vb no problem, in c++ ... no chance.

If someone could give me a hint, a piece of code how to get the OutGauge Data please post it.
Attached images
Gauges.jpg
If you're using VB2005, i assume that means you are using VB.NET? If that's true you can use my library to get at insim, outsim & outgauge. Full patch X support should be out by monday or tuesday.

Are you doing in your d3d8 injection purely via vb or are you using a lib like gpp?
Quote from sdether :If you're using VB2005, i assume that means you are using VB.NET?

No, it means Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition (Sure that is a VB.Net Version too).
But that´s not the problem.

Quote from sdether :
If that's true you can use my library to get at insim, outsim & outgauge. Full patch X support should be out by monday or tuesday.

I know your library and love it. But the problem is that the d3d8 injection is done with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. The DirectX is no problem.
But now I have the graphics in the game but do not know how to get the Data to animate them.

First i thought to start InSim and the UDP with my VB Tool and then only listen to the UDP Port inside d3d8.dll. But the Tool crashes before i can receive anything.

Is there a way to use your library with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition ??
It's possible to wrap managed Dll's and call them from unmanaged code (i.e. C++). I recently had to so something like that but it wasn't what I'd call elegant. I'll dig through source control and see if i can't dig up the code and see whether that method would work for using with my OutGauge lib (I was doing C++ data injection into C#, not the other way around, so i need to see how that would work.

I did it
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG