The online racing simulator
My Fault or His....
(37 posts, started )
#26 - Toad
In this case I'd say you were at fault.... The LFS rules are :

"If you are being lapped by a faster car: The car behind you is consistently faster than you and has managed to travel one more lap than you have. He is about to overtake you and the blue flag is displayed to warn you of his presence. In this case you are hindering his progress and must allow him to pass you as soon as it is safe to do so (you can't be expected to yield while negotiating a chicane or high speed corner) Hold your line don't fight the other car, do not make any sudden movements left or right, ease off slightly and let him pass. He is a lap ahead of you and you are not fighting him for position. You must not hold him up."

In this case, since it was your outlap, I think it is safe to assume you were going to be slower, but even if not, you weren't in the race and he was.

So note the bit about holding the line, and no moving around. In fact, given where you describe the event occured, he could argue that you executed a defensive move rather than trying to get off the line. Having said that, there's still no need for any verbal abuse - he could have just let it go (as I would the first time or two), asked you to check the rules, or explained them for himself. Everyone makes mistakes.

Someone else implied that if the guy you took out was well down the field, it didn't matter so much. That is wrong. For someone to come first in a race, there has to be someone who comes second and so on.

The guy was there racing, it's up to him how important his position is - for all we know, he was first, but span on a corner and had a chance of getting back a reasonable position.

That's all besides the point though. Blue Flag = no fighting, yield where it is safe and hold the line. Don't brake unnecessarily or drive into unusual track positions, and on straights just lift off *a bit*.

Toad.
Quote from br0nd :There has been a topic made that involved something like this, and now I need you opinion if it was my fault or his.

Story:

I joined a server and the track was Blackwood. It was in the middle of the race. I came out of the pits (FOX) and waited until the cars went flying past me. After that I got on the track and started to drive. Once I got towards the end on the long stretch in Blackwood, a car pulls up behind me and I get a blue flag so I pull over to the right side. Then right when I do that, the guy trys to pass me and goes to the right as well accelerating. He hits me and spins out.

Whos fault is it?

I felt bad afterwards so I need you opinion on whos fault was it?

Thanks,

Honest mistake maybe, but imo, if the guy that has the blue flag intends to let the other guy pass him without problem then the blue flagged car shoudn't switch sides on a straight. Its much easier for the car behind to see whats happening if the other car isn't doing anny sudden moves.
I have seen some really noobish way of letting faster cars. I saw one fool put up the bind "<<<<<<< Pass Me" just as the car was right behind him on the racing line, then he hit the brakes as the bind come on screen.

It sounds like inexperience got the better of you when it comes to be over taken under the blue flag. Which you cant really be blamed for. You have alot of tips here when it comes to being over taken under the blue flag. I suggest you use them as they have come from expereinced racers. Remember what people here have said and regard this incident as a stepping stone to man hood.
sorry if i sorta hijack the thread with my own race, but i felt this would be an appropriate place to put it.

The track was Ky national. I was in third, and the top 2 guys crashed(they were pretty far ahead too) so i passed one at the scene(The other was just feet ahead). I drafted the guy down the straight and passed him, then he passed me, and I tried again to pass him. We went into t1, he had a bit of room. His rear right taps my front wing as he dives in on me, and he spins. Then I slowed and say sorry. I waited about 5 seconds for him to pass me(when i slowly move down to t2), but he didn't move. I kept going and eventually he insults me for it, but i didn't do anything truely wrong(i admit, i should have given him more room, but he woulda probably hit me still unless i went all the way down). Watch the reply, it seemed like a typical race incedent.
Attached files
stupidity.mpr - 481.6 KB - 139 views
it was kinda both of ur faults. you didnt attack hard enough from inside and really attack the inside curb, you just stayed braking down the middle. and he kinda just turned in. both kinda drivin kinda newbish there so nobody is really to blame :P kinda kinda

I watched from your car's view so i don't know how hard he attacked. it seemed like there was some confusion between you two on how to go about getting through that corner without crashing.

its best to drive confidantly through that section with the f08. if both of you keep slowing down, it will cause an accident. its a very exhilarating track with the f08 Ky nat might be my favorite track. passing is hell on some corners with the F08 because of dirty air.
Quote from Rappa Z :sorry if i sorta hijack the thread with my own race, but i felt this would be an appropriate place to put it.

The track was Ky national. I was in third, and the top 2 guys crashed(they were pretty far ahead too) so i passed one at the scene(The other was just feet ahead). I drafted the guy down the straight and passed him, then he passed me, and I tried again to pass him. We went into t1, he had a bit of room. His rear right taps my front wing as he dives in on me, and he spins. Then I slowed and say sorry. I waited about 5 seconds for him to pass me(when i slowly move down to t2), but he didn't move. I kept going and eventually he insults me for it, but i didn't do anything truely wrong(i admit, i should have given him more room, but he woulda probably hit me still unless i went all the way down). Watch the reply, it seemed like a typical race incedent.

That is his own fault, and he needs to be a better sport and both drivers should take equal blame, unless in a situation where you can clearly see the other driver/yourself just decides to smack into you in a somewhat obvious way that they want to wreck you. I have been in a situation on the Pro Oval server that I was wrecked by the same guy 3 races in a row and said it was my fault every single time. first time- he went under the apron and tapped my rear QP, spinning me out. second time- He cuts me off from the high side with me having a huge run on him, wrecking both of us. third time- side swipes another car and spins, collecting me. And another situation where he flew up the track into another car and wrecks himself, thus getting mad at the guy he hit.
Blocking on the oval (in LFS)is a bad idea 99% of the time. So... if he's ramming you its his fault, but if you are blockin the inside, all your doing is slowing yourself and him down. most smart drivers can survive on the oval once they make it past the newbs who don't understand how to win on the oval.
Quote from Gabkicks :Blocking on the oval (in LFS)is a bad idea 99% of the time. So... if he's ramming you its his fault, but if you are blockin the inside, all your doing is slowing yourself and him down. most smart drivers can survive on the oval once they make it past the newbs who don't understand how to win on the oval.

I forgot to mention it was on T1, lap 1 with the crowd of cars around me, so i was stuck on the bottom of the track, and he was not going much faster than I was, maybe a few KM/h faster. So instead of letting off the gas just a little, he decided to make the dumb move of trying to pass me under the apron, and he slid up and spun me.
well in lfs, the oval attracts retards... lol driving on the apron to pass. he wasnt banned?
Like the new avatar, Gabkicks.

Hope Fedor comes back soon...

THREADHIJACKFINISH
Quote from Gabkicks :well in lfs, the oval attracts retards... lol driving on the apron to pass. he wasnt banned?

Somehow, after all the wrecks he has caused whether ive seen them or not, he has not been banned at all from the server
Quote from sam1600 :Like the new avatar, Gabkicks.

Hope Fedor comes back soon...

THREADHIJACKFINISH

lol i just got finished watching baroni vs shamrock. great fight. i was very wrong with my predictions about what would happen in the fight... but predictions are almost impossible in mma. Fedor is very close to an official on paper agreement with the UFC.

My Fault or His....
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG