The online racing simulator
Nervous breakdown.
(56 posts, started )
Quote from ans7812 :maybe there is somethign wrong with me then lol. i've never gotten that nervous while playing a video game

Like in a accident; some ppl freak out, some goes to "hero-mode". Hard cold truth is that someone is better at something, whereas someone sucks (like me)

If you can race without problems and anxious attacks, great Good for you.
But one thing is that we are many and we have many persona's. And for that someone might get "anxious attacks" while racing LFS, but still be a great driver IRL.

Closing speech, anyone?
i used to only get nervous in a car in real life when my grandfather was driving. he had a hyundai excel and would wait till the last second to start braking
Quote from simma :Like in a accident; some ppl freak out, some goes to "hero-mode". Hard cold truth is that someone is better at something, whereas someone sucks (like me)

If you can race without problems and anxious attacks, great Good for you.
But one thing is that we are many and we have many persona's. And for that someone might get "anxious attacks" while racing LFS, but still be a great driver IRL.

Closing speech, anyone?

yea that is true that we are all different but i just can't understand getting nervous over a game. To each his own i guess.
I used to have a problem with pressure, it always happened that when I would get the lead of the race my nerves would start catching up to me and I would start to make mistakes. Even now I have problems with the third split on a flying lap, when I know I've put in two great sectors and suddenly get overwhelmed with the pressure not to mess up.

Over time I have gotten much better at handling these feelings, partly because in truth the rush has been lessened by familiarity, and partly because I've developed an ability to force myself to calm down and stay focused. If I keep myself under control, then the car will remain under control too.
i used to have that lots a good way to get rid of it is join a sports team or somthing
Quote from Loveless :I do not know how you people do it, but it seems extremely difficult for me even stop freaking out. I have participated in a drifting competition hosted by a few buds of mine, nothing big but just a few people to make it happen. We had about three rounds to show what we could do and earn our scores. I was second or third to go in some occasions, so I simply drove out there before I was a go. An immense amount of pressure just came over me, I race with a Mouse and Keyboard by the way, my hands would not move like i wanted it too. Others could notice what was going on through my performance; I sometimes hesitated to turn for a drift and often braked too early because I was cautious.
At the end of the night I took, fifth place out of a couple of people, first event and it seemed intense.

Any tips on how you guys get ready for these kinds of events or relieve yourself from this anxiety?

Well I have this kind of problems though not on competition. But on team tryouts... because i've been rejected by many teams and I thought 'God damn it I won't get a team!' But a glass of water and a 10mins break after you crashed is the way to go

Well up till now i haven't got a team becuse I decided to drift on my own leisure time not team meetings. I'm a student! Don't worry about pressure. Now to me when people are watching me I will surely mess up on a corner or two. It's ok... People will just say 'LOL'. They will not say ur noob. When you made a good corner they say 'Nice entry/Nice one' that will encourage you to do better man. Hope you can get over it by going to drift more often

It's the same thing for race though. Except no one will be there to say you're noob or very good. You're on your own now. If you take the lead, don't look at the rearview mirror. Just keep going and leave everything behind. You will feel that no one's there and will go faster stretch the lead. That's what I do... Believe me

Nervous breakdown.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG