Count me in as well( last minut call )
can i sill enter the race

ZWRR.Hoiting

reintjan
Sure can, check Pm's

Dan,
It is now 18BST (we are an hour + GMT)
thx trhat i was allowed to join.

i am warming up atm ant after i have replaced my skin what dru is making for me (thx for that dru)
i am joining the server

reintjan
Quote from Clownpaint :Doesn't make the GMT time in your post right though.

Sorry you should do some research on that again:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

The time is right:

You are now in BST and BST is = GMT+1.

So 19 BST is 18 GMT
and for us in Germany it's GMT+2 etc. etc.

Yeah, Clownpaint you are wrong .
absoloutly rubishy that race was! i quit the second race because i got fedup, i had my best ever start just for another Restart and then i get crashed, people dont use mirrors etc etc. first race was terrible in T1 then i get accused of being impatient for catching 1 second in a corner taking my normal line, not even looking for an overtake. the standard was too diverse. Maybe future events should be on more popular combo's?
i dont like restarts and then i logged off.

i could have used the evening doing something else..
It was nice event.
Last race was a bit chaotic but i thinks thats because lack of practicing.
I lost concentration in last race and bang. I crashed in wall :\
Grats T7R and best luck in future
#36 - bozo
I thought the first race went really well, and for those who stuck out the second race, we had a lot of fun too. It was good to have a challenging combo, and surely the mixed abilities of the drivers is something that should make people wary when approaching the driver ahead. All part of the racing.

Thanks for organising. And thanks for the nice gesture on the finish line SparkDave
Race two was rubbish...crashing and restarts, so i left.

Thanks for arranging it guys, but the standard of driving was poor. I won't bother again.
#38 - Dru
Quote from BenjiMC :absoloutly rubishy that race was! i quit the second race because i got fedup, i had my best ever start just for another Restart and then i get crashed, people dont use mirrors etc etc. first race was terrible in T1 then i get accused of being impatient for catching 1 second in a corner taking my normal line, not even looking for an overtake. the standard was too diverse. Maybe future events should be on more popular combo's?

split before you were 0.31 seconds behind......

so my line is slower and differnet to you - good drivers were able to follow me cleanly without crashing...you do the maths...
Quote from BenjiMC : the standard was too diverse. Maybe future events should be on more popular combo's?

Nothing to do with the combo..its fine. Both Dru and I competed in a very successful 36 lap race with that combo in the GFC on Sunday and there was far less trouble and lot more respectful racing.
Firstly, yes, in hindsight, the restart was a bad idea, but the next voted restart was out of our control.

Yes, the standard of driving was poor, again, I have no control over everyone elses driving apart from mine, I got taken out a few times, but thats racing.

@Richard, sorry to waste your precious time

So, sorry it didn't go as planned, it was a good idea, but it takes more than a good idea it seems...............
Quote from danowat :

i rushed home because i knew i had a race.. im not the guy who doesnt turn up to a race i have promised to race... so i think its fair that im annoyed.. without being schrugged at...

its not personal...you should know that...
#42 - Dru
Quote from danowat :Firstly, yes, in hindsight, the restart was a bad idea, but the next voted restart was out of our control.

Yes, the standard of driving was poor, again, I have no control over everyone elses driving apart from mine, I got taken out a few times, but thats racing.

So, sorry it didn't go as planned, it was a good idea, but it takes more than a good idea it seems...............

So was that my error then at the first corner when you were behind me and i took my normal racing line and T bones myself on the front of your car

Thanks for organising the race, but like Moose and you have said, you can not control the people who sign up and race . . . . this is why i love league racing much better....
Quote from Dru :So was that my error then at the first corner when you were behind me and i took my normal racing line and T bones myself on the front of your car

Pfff........I give up
Quote from The Moose :Nothing to do with the combo..its fine. Both Dru and I competed in a very successful 36 lap race with that combo in the GFC on Sunday and there was far less trouble and lot more respectful racing.

I agree it doesn't have to do with the combo.

But about the respectful driving.Well I don't know what you mean.
Your first race was ok (and in the last lap after you made an error I didn't attacked you at all costs there because I wanted to finish the race too). So how much more respectful driving you want?

And in the 2nd race you made a mistake by yourself and then you reentered the track in T1 and almost spun the car and you was lucky to not cause a crash with the following people. Maybe also think about that when talking about not respectful racing.

(and like others said about poor driving standard).
I watched the replays now a few times and I haven't seen anyone doing the track without doing selfmade errors. If that means the standard of driving is poor then ok.

I agree there was a lot of trouble because some people just take it too serious like always or are over-optimistic in T1 or they just haven't practiced enough etc. but that's normal in LFS i think. Except if you race in some leagues

Of course the restarting was a sad thing.
I bet we'll never see something like that in a T7R event again.
We can only learn out of these situations (and we do).

All in all I think race1 was good and I also had some moments in race2.

Last but not least
A big "Thank you" to all who joined us in these races to test out the server our new partner 500servers gave to us.
I hope and I'm sure some of us will see us again in one of the upcomming events Triple7Racing is actually planning.

Regards,
Dont know what all the fuss is about, I enjoyed my first race & had lots of off road moments . Too many negative nancys round here. (i think many driver were over cautious in T1 & people run in the back of them)

Anyways great idea, Thanks T7R
Great race 1, good fun.
Dunno why everyone had a problem starting race 2, maybe the wind too high? Too eager?

I had a mare; punted to back of the pack, crashed, pitted, speeding penalty, through the pitlane twice, pitted a couple more times... and still finished 6th or something due to the retirees
Quote from Dru :split before you were 0.31 seconds behind......

so my line is slower and differnet to you - good drivers were able to follow me cleanly without crashing...you do the maths...

So now i'm a bad driver? if i can make 3 tenths in one corner, thats still a lot, and considering the speeds of the cars which makes the distance of 3 tenths bigger than it sounds. i wasn't playing the blame game bub and i'm not now, i just dont like it when people blame me for them being too slow, and i'm not exactly uber fast myself.
Quote from BenjiMC :So now i'm a bad driver? if i can make 3 tenths in one corner, thats still a lot, and considering the speeds of the cars which makes the distance of 3 tenths bigger than it sounds. i wasn't playing the blame game bub and i'm not now, i just dont like it when people blame me for them being too slow, and i'm not exactly uber fast myself.

Your comments in server like "who let the beginners join" or "nub" don't help your image... next time try to finish the race instead of talking to much
Quote from tiagolapa :Your comments in server like "who let the beginners join" or "nub" don't help your image... next time try to finish the race instead of talking to much

you forgot to add the after i called you a nub... misinterpretting people isn't very nice either. those comments were from race 2 and i do believe a lot of the drivers were talking and having a laugh, not just myself, there was barely anybody on the server
#50 - Dru
Quote from BenjiMC :So now i'm a bad driver? if i can make 3 tenths in one corner, thats still a lot, and considering the speeds of the cars which makes the distance of 3 tenths bigger than it sounds. i wasn't playing the blame game bub and i'm not now, i just dont like it when people blame me for them being too slow, and i'm not exactly uber fast myself.

You made 3/10th over a 10 second striaght and a braking zone.. all i am saying on the matter that if you hit me when we are racing for position and you hit me mid corner becuase your line is different and you can not see where i'm driving too then perhaps you should drive more conservatively and get me on the next straight

Too often i hear people moan that they hit the guy in front cause the guy in front was too slow...

its the responsability of the guy behind to drive accordingly when there is a driver in front and to pass cleanly when to oppotunity presents itself

777 + 500 = 47 race event
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG