The online racing simulator
Server Port Forwarding (23392)
Hi,

Just before i enter all my ports in for my router again after i reset it (backup copy has gone missing). I was wondering do i need the 23392 port? If i do what does it exactly do to the server?

Thanks

Matt
Quote from dmwright :Hi,

Just before i enter all my ports in for my router again after i reset it (backup copy has gone missing). I was wondering do i need the 23392 port? If i do what does it exactly do to the server?

Thanks

Matt

it lets the server interract with the outer world and vica versa... its pretty needed
I haven't forwarded any ports for LFS. I only have a select few ports opened up for flight simming (which are no where near this port number.)
sometimes its not needed cuz no firewall from windoes or router are blocking the port
ah thanks
23392 is the default port for talking to the master server. As such it only needs to be allowed outgoing - i.e. no port forwarding.

However, some of the original home routers available had buggy firmware and port forwarding was used as a quick hack to get it working correctly. For modern routers its not required.
Thanks Angel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG