The online racing simulator
is that like what they have in F1? i think it would be a great idea
good suggestion.. proves that their pole lap wasnt a fluke or whatev..
also i agree, enduro shouldnt be 4 hours.. that would just take it up the shitter tbh. 1 - 1.30 hours is more than enough for lfs. if we want enduro then join MoE or start another enduro, rather bott.
kthxbai
yes
I totally agree!

The top ten shoot out is a great idea, would make it great fun. It is also something for the lower end teams like Fusion to aim to get into the top ten!
u will get urs one day... u just wait... *shakes first*
What do you all think of this format?

Endurance Rounds

double points from one sprint race
Qualfying: 20mins, Top ten shoot-out
Blackwood GP - GTR 60laps
Kyoto Ring Long - F08 40laps
Westhill International - XFR/UFR 40laps

Sprint Rounds
Race 1: Qualifying position, Race 2: Reverse grid 15laps each
Qualfying: 20mins
South City Town - MRT
Aston North - TBO
Aston Grand Touring Reverse - FOX
Fern Bay Green Reverse - LRF
Kyoto Ring National Reverse - XFG/XRG
sounds frickin' schweeeeeeet.
Quote from Arrow. :
Endurance Rounds

Qualfying: 20mins, Top ten shoot-out

can you explain this top ten shoot-out

Quote from Arrow. :

i don't understand this, is that double points for enduro rounds?
Quote from Arrow. :
Sprint Rounds
Race 1: Qualifying position, Race 2: Reverse grid 15laps each
Qualfying: 20mins

I'd like to suggest that this reverse grid be only for top 8th finishers in 1st race!
Quote from N I K I :can you explain this top ten shoot-ou

i don't understand this, is that double points for enduro rounds?

From the first Qualifying session then top 10 drivers have a "shoot out" but only 1 lap. position 10th driver (from qualifying) goes out does a lap, position 9th driver goes out does a lap, 8th driver goes out does a lap ect. so basicly you can move from 10th to 1st or 1st to 10th

Doubles points of a Single sprint race
explained very well there fatty
just incase u dont get it, all drivers that are in the top 10 after qualify, get another session. but only one lap, a hotlap or flying lap.
the driver who qualified 10th in the first qualifying enters the track first, does one warm up lap, then a flying lap, then driving who qualified 9th on the free qualifying does theirs and so on. if u make a mistake on ur hotlap, bad luck, no 2nd chances. its basically to prove that their lap wasnt a fluke, and u can have a 2nd shot at qualifying.
hope that clears it up (we run the same thing in v8 supercars, and its been very interesting and entertaing for us for the past few years, it rox)
looks very interesting, top 10 shout out

and what about reverse grid? is it going to be whole feald reverse or just top 8 or some other number of cars?
yeah full reverse grid.
top 10 shootout will rox!
not more full grid reverse starts
If you deserved to be at the front of the grid then chances are you'd bloody be there, and if by some great miricle you didnt end up there then surely you dont need to start well ahead of the people your a match for because you sucked in the first race.

Partical grid reversal i can understand, but full is just stupid IMO, especially if your going to be offering the same points for both races.

Also, the shoot-out, im hoping more than 1 car will be on track at a time, ie 5, or at very least one car per sector, because if its a 1min lap then thats 2min per driver for a rapid outlap and flying lap, 10 times is 20min, i'd sure as hell have no interest in sitting around for 20min or 18min if i'd made the shoot-out having spent about 20min qualifying already just so we can actually get the racing bit started!

"The Event length will be roughly (1.5hours - 2Hours)"
That'd be 40/50min qualifying and 40/50 - 70/80 min racing.

Its all good and well saying stuff works for V8s and its dead good, but im betting there race day(s) arent a total of 90-120min long and 1/2-1/3 of it taken up by dicking about with qualifying.
If it was done over 2 days then fair enough like IRL, fanny about with things like that, but considering we have a short window in which to actually use, why is so much being wasted for qualifying and yet more qualifying is beyond me.
If we use reversed grid then I think Top 8 would be enough.

I fully support the Shoot-Out! It would run like this. In that way it doesn't take much time. The qualifying itself could take only 15 minutes. I'm fine with the rest.
Quote from germanpio :If we use reversed grid then I think Top 8 would be enough.

I fully support the Shoot-Out! It would run like this. In that way it doesn't take much time. The qualifying itself could take only 15 minutes. I'm fine with the rest.

The problem is the qualifying goes first then the top ten shootout
just wondering how we can get it too work with out setting up race positions after top ten shootout ..
The only way is /end after the shoot-out and to do it manually.
top 10 shoutout is going to cost us 30 minutes! Have you guys thinked about quali like in F1 and DTM? 3 periods.... best drivers goes to next round...
Quote from N I K I :top 10 shoutout is going to cost us 30 minutes! Have you guys thinked about quali like in F1 and DTM? 3 periods.... best drivers goes to next round...

Nice idea, but I fail to see how that should save time
Quote from N I K I :top 10 shoutout is going to cost us 30 minutes! Have you guys thinked about quali like in F1 and DTM? 3 periods.... best drivers goes to next round...

As far as I understand it we do a normal qualifying with 15-20 Minutes. After that we do a one-lap quali with the top 10. So the whole process would take 20 + 10 minutes if 3-4 people are on the track at the same time. I don't see why it should take 30 minutes for the shoot-out itself...
We were thinking about this for Serbian league, but in the end we scrapped the idea because it's just complicated for drivers and organizers and it would require discipline on track for superpole and time wasted for manual reordering, then lag lap, etc... But, new InSim has a reorder packet, and when someone makes some tool for this to be done easily, then why not. There's few months left to start BOTT so there's a chance.
Quote from Misko :New InSim has a reorder packet, and when someone makes some tool for this to be done easily, then why not. There's few months left to start BOTT so there's a chance.

What do you mean by reorder packet, Im willing to pay for a coder to design something for 10top shootouts and also a. Program for the LFS community to spectate the race with a inbuild chatroom for everyone watching
Well many things are currently in development, so check the programmers and addons sections. I'm pretty sure someone is already working on reordering cause that's something many admins have been missing a long time, but yes, post a request/reminder there.
If you have positions reversed, the second race needs to be worth less points or it's unfair.

If you have exponentially increasing points distribution as is standard in motorsport, then in some situations it will be beneficial to drop places on purpose in the first race, in order to get yourself a better starting position in the second race. If you can sacrifice 1 point in the first race in order to gain 5 in the second race then that is totally illogical. Unfortunately you see it in a lot of leagues in LFS.
Hmm i see what your getting at..
maybe 50% of race 1 points for race 2 reverse grid?
example

Race 1 points
1st - 20
2nd - 18
3rd - 16

Race 2 points
1st - 10
2nd - 9
3rd - 8

would this work?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG