The online racing simulator
Skins question.
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Damo
Skins question.
Hi all,im back to LFS after 2 year break and really trying to catch up with it all.
Im reading about high res skins etc.
So what are the default skins in S2?
Where can one aquire these high res skins?
Ive a fast gaming rig and would love to improve the visuals of LFS in any way possible.
Fast gaming rig won't help ya as we gotta wait for Eric to finally update the models to improve the visuals once and for all.

EDIT: Stupid post warning!
You can get 'em online if you sign up to the high res skins download service. Otherwise, there's a new big skinpack put together by Felplacerad which has just been released. It's over here

Or simply trawl through the skins section of the forum here.

You could also try out some higher res track textures if you like. Link's in my signature below.

Good luck
#4 - Damo
Cheers,

Quote : EDIT: Stupid post warning!

How is this a stupid post?
#5 - garph
Read this: http://www.lfs.net/?page=patch_x

The default auto download skins that LFS use are 512 for cars and 256 for helmets. With the new hi-res skins cars are now 1024 and helmets 512 (you have to pay for the extra bandwidth that these skins use, £1 for 200 skins, all explained in the patch X link) doesn't sound a lot I know but I think you can really see the difference.

If you go into OPTIONS - MISC you'll see the options.
Quote from garph :...the new hi-res skins cars are now 1024 and helmets 512 (you have to pay for the extra bandwidth that these skins use, £1 for 200 skins, all explained in the patch X link) doesn't sound a lot I know but I think you can really see the difference.

Just a correction - it's not just 200 for a pound.

£1 is the price for 2000 high res skin downloads (two thousand).
#7 - Lible
Quote from garph :Read this: http://www.lfs.net/?page=patch_x

The default auto download skins that LFS use are 512 for cars and 256 for helmets. With the new hi-res skins cars are now 1024 and helmets 512 (you have to pay for the extra bandwidth that these skins use, £1 for 200 skins, all explained in the patch X link) doesn't sound a lot I know but I think you can really see the difference.

£1 for 2000 skins
Yes thanks Lible, I think we understood Scawen's post.
hehe
I knew it was 2000, just a typo

Skins question.
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG