The online racing simulator
G25 inconsistancies - patch X
(6 posts, started )
Tried LFS for the first time a few days ago (patch X), but am having G25 problems. The G25 works OK with GTL and GTR2 (BTW).

I tried setting up LFS and Logitech profiler according to manual, but initially LFS wouldn't recognize pedals. Eventually I pulled the USB plug from PC, and then it did work, and I assigned according to wiki manual. I'm not really sure whether the FFB was working at all at that point, on reflection. But there were no effects at all on the rumble strips.

Next day, I had to re-assign pedal settings as LFS had forgotten them. I then randomly fiddled with logitech profiler settings, and suddenly the FFB was working perfectly: rumble strip effects, and much better (IMO) than GTL. :woohoo:

Next day, I reverted logitech settings back to try GTL. When I set them back again for LFS, it had forgotten pedal assignments again, but now I couldn't get the LFS wheel rotation to match the physical wheel at all. A few degrees on the G25 turned the LFS cockpit wheel through around 90 degrees. I reiterate, the settings are correct according to the manual. Both LFS and the profiler are set to 720 degrees (or as close as I can set the profiler). I've checked settings and fiddled, but nothing makes any difference; full lock is about 30 degrees on G25!

Any ideas?
Quote from Postman Pat :But there were no effects at all on the rumble strips.

I've noticed the same with my DFP, no effects on rumble strips.
Quote from Lotesdelere :I've noticed the same with my DFP, no effects on rumble strips.

There are plenty of kerbs but very few rumble strips in LFS. Check 'em out, you'll see that they're mostly smooth. Ipso facto, no 'effects'
have you tryed re-calibrating the wheel? when you click recalibrate, you have to do the following:

1. Turn the wheel ALL THE WAY to the left
2. turn the wheel ALL THE WAY to the right
3. Put the wheel into the centre
4. slowly fully press the acclerater then slowly let off.
5. do the same for the brake pedal
6. do the same for the clutch

then, it should work providing you have set it up correctly in the game and the profiler.

about the rumble strips, thats a new one. My wheel recognise's every little knook and cranny on the track, so i dont know what could make your wheel not to recognise them. put your ffb on max in game, and then take a lap or two around South city, due to the pretty big bumps on this track, it should bounce and jolt quite a bit, does it do this on your wheel or does it only do it when your turning, apllying opposite lock etc.?

Come back here after you have tryed these out so i can see what else could be left.

Frenchy

Edit @ Postman Pat, just realised your a demo racer, so instead of going on south city, drive slowly over some grass, it should shake about a little. Does it or not?
Quote from Doorman :There are plenty of kerbs but very few rumble strips in LFS. Check 'em out, you'll see that they're mostly smooth. Ipso facto, no 'effects'

Actually, whenever i go over the rumble strips, even with 101% ffb in the profiler and say, 40-50% in game, it recognise's them and shakes, rumbles etc.

and yes, i know what rumble strips are, there the green stuff on the side of the track right?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :have you tryed re-calibrating the wheel? when you click recalibrate, you have to do the following:

1. Turn the wheel ALL THE WAY to the left
2. turn the wheel ALL THE WAY to the right
3. Put the wheel into the centre
4. slowly fully press the acclerater then slowly let off.
5. do the same for the brake pedal
6. do the same for the clutch

Nathan, you're a genius! That did it. It was turning the wheel all the way to left and right - which I done the first time to get it centered but didn't occur to me to do again.

I'd already got the FFB working on the rumble strips and grass, as I'd said.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG