The online racing simulator
How do you enter your Drift?
(31 posts, started )
Do you clutch to loose traction?
Do you use the handbrake(E-brake)
Do you just use the momentum and steer hard into the corner?

Give my your little run down on your style of driftin! im a noob to the game and am using the keybord and am trying to perfect my style!

any one have any ideas for steadying the car as im coming out of a slide? thats where i keep loosing it!
I use the inertia kind of entry.
what do you mean?
I don't drift really, but in my opinion, the Scandinavian Flick, or weight transfer, is the only way to do it
By accident, and exit it as quickly as possible.
Don't realise that you are drifting untill you get out of a corner.(mouse)
I'm a keyboard drifter too. The trick is to give little bursts of opposite lock constantly, which would reduce your angle some, but makes straightening out a bit easier.

I usually just fly into a corner, brake hard, let the rear get out, apply some throttle and opposite lock.
I drive with mouse, and though I can't show all the 7 (?) entering techniques, I rarely need a handbrake to enter drift. If you feel your car, you know each moment what you need to do to make it go sideways: add throttle, lift off, how much to steer, feint, and so on.
Quote from VTiRoj :
I usually just fly into a corner, brake hard, let the rear get out, apply some throttle and opposite lock.

do you use Ebreak for breaking hard as you mentioned or or the front breaks?

i find on a 90 degree(ish) corner that 60-90 KPH is the optimum speed to be traveling at if go from the far side of the track to cut the apex.

and about the small constant opposite lock! do you mean while your sliding that your constantly turning left and right?
#10 - CSU1
Quote from mazdaBG :do you use Ebreak for breaking hard as you mentioned or or the front breaks?

i find on a 90 degree(ish) corner that 60-90 KPH is the optimum speed to be traveling at if go from the far side of the track to cut the apex.

and about the small constant opposite lock! do you mean while your sliding that your constantly turning left and right?

if ya simply whip up the handbrake you is gonna ruin the engine/gearbox....won't you ...ah unless you use clutch too
Quote from mazdaBG :do you use Ebreak for breaking hard as you mentioned or or the front breaks?

No e-brake, just strong rear brake bias

Basically yeah. Although not left and right, just say, left-center-left-center, as thats all a keyboard can do.
i find that if you use the cuicl turn button it OL's pretty handy!
i have set

left arrow; turn left
right arrow: turn right
up arrow: quick turn
down arrow: break
When I (rarely) drift, i use different techniques that just fit the situation, but mostly skandinavian flick or weight transfer (front braking), some times shiftlock and rarely the handbrake (for 180° turns like on AS North).

i mostly drift with LX4
Depends on what you are comfortable with and the corner you are entering. Take BL1r in XRT as it is a popular drift track. My lap consists of -
Into T1 the downhill left hand corner i will Scandinavian flick at the top of the hill, maybe if needed a little handbrake to keep the car sideways. Then using the momentum flick the car the other way. Scandinavian flick into T3 as well. THen going up the hill heading towards the chicane I will Scandinavian flick it and use the handbrake to maintain the car sideways and slow the car down.

Taking a track like kyoto where there are long corners some clutch kicking can help as keeps alot of your speed. Also clutch kicking through the corner can help too.

Really you need to practice the different techniques at different corners and then use the best technique for you.
Scandinavian flick. Everywhere .
explain the scandinacian flick?
-->
Quote from Wikipedia :
The Scandinavian flick, or Pendulum turn, is a technique used in rallying. While approaching the turn the driver applies a slight steering input to the opposite direction of the turn and pushes down the brake and throttle pedals simultaneously. This will cause the car to slide sideways facing slightly away from the turn. Then steering input is applied towards the turn and as the driver releases the brake pedal while still holding down the throttle the car will slingshot itself around the corner to the desired direction.

This technique is used to help the driver get around corners that had an increasing radius, but it is also used a show off as the result of the flick involves the car oversteering heavily.

This technique is explained and demonstrated in an "old" Top Gear segment in a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 rally car that can be found here: http://video.google.com/videop ... 155604&q=galant+rally

on bl1r i use the flick on t1 and t2 on t3 i pop the clucth and hit the gas then drift and on the chicane a use weight ransfer early before the corner and hit the apex then use the weight trasnfer out of the corner
Quote from funnybone2 :on bl1r i use the flick on t1 and t2 on t3 i pop the clucth and hit the gas then drift and on the chicane a use weight ransfer early before the corner and hit the apex then use the weight trasnfer out of the corner

Same in english please?
he said dslfkjhsl;kfhlkfjhsdlkfhbdskljfbds

and

f;lkjrshgkljsfhjsn

and when you get to the apex ;fsjfgsdjfgbfsdgbdvb

DUGH!
(sorry got carried away hehe)
I usually enter a drift by locking up the real wheels by screwing up my downshift, often resulting in contact with a wall ruining my race.

Oh wait... you wanted show drifting. oops..
#22 - Woz
e-brake is for people that do not understand weight transfer and how it effects a car!
The ole Scandinavian Flick serves me well. Downshift, steer, and stomp on it.

Also I'll do the clutch kick if I want more angle, sometimes to initiate.
I have been drifting for a long time now, but I only got my wheel a few days ago. If you have a basic steering wheel (No clutch, e-brake etc...), just use 'feint drift' (or weight tranfer) and it'll work fine
Quote from DeadWolfBones :By accident, and exit it as quickly as possible.

LOL, I was going to say the same thing. I don't run the XRT much, but in the CTRA silver server, it's all I have available. I get on the throttle and the back end just comes out. It's purely by accident

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG