The online racing simulator
Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
Quote from scipy :you should really make the limit a 1:43.00 lap (or lower) under old patch... imo.

+1
Can you say what the limot for CD3 is?

I would think 52:00 is appropriate.
Quote from zeugnimod :Can you say what the limot for CD3 is?

I would think 52:00 is appropriate.

CD3 is public so no limit,
To race on CD4 you have to have beaten 53.75 on CD3 to be considered.

The website now has a licence checker on the home page

At the moment there are 4 licences

miniGTR = CD1 yes, CD2 No, CD3 Yes, CD4 yes (373 License's)
BigGTR = CD1, Yes, CD2 Yes, CD3 Yes, CD4 no (1357 License's)
Full = CD1 Yes, CD2 Yes, CD3 Yes, CD4 Yes (207 Licenses)
CD Team = Team members -access to everything (31 License's)

Thats 1968 Licenses in 2 days.
Just a quick Q , whats the point of having cd4 if the req to get into it (53.75) could be done by a half drunk, half hangover , 1 handed , 1 eyed monkey after a few practice laps arround the track. No offence to anybody but come one this way you will just have 2 public servers , one with a slightly less number of wreckers.

I dont really know what is considered a great time on CD1 but from what I judge by some posts .44 is kind of quick .. well 53.75 on as1 isnt to quick I suggest lowering the time to arround mid 52's . then its going to be a challange to get into cd4 and at least ppl driving there will be sure that any wreck that happens was due to a honest mistake and not random crashing ..

Sorry if I offended anyone with that monkey remark but I like racing the small gtr's and dont want to see another server ruined by wreckers that took the time do do 5-10 laps and made the req time for cd4.
Quote from Thill :(53.75) could be done by a half drunk, half hangover , 1 handed , 1 eyed monkey after a few practice laps arround the track

Ohh and there I was thinking I was getting quick again

I agree though, I started driving GTRs properly a couple of weeks ago and I got 53 almost straight away, but 44.4 still eludes me! (I'm consistent though, I got a best lap of 1:44.68 3 races in a row, very frustrating!)
good luck
Quote from morcs :I agree though, I started driving GTRs properly a couple of weeks ago and I got 53 almost straight away, but 44.4 still eludes me! (I'm consistent though, I got a best lap of 1:44.68 3 races in a row, very frustrating!)

thats what i mean , its like they dont take the small gtr's serious .. I dont belive that anybody from CD dosent know that 53.75 is just silly on that track ..Especially as they seemed to want high standart of racing on those servers and reqs for cd2 are high ..
Quote from Thill :Just a quick Q , whats the point of having cd4 if the req to get into it (53.75) could be done by a half drunk, half hangover , 1 handed , 1 eyed monkey after a few practice laps arround the track.

Agreed. The limit should be around 52 maybe 52.5 to be in about same difficulty level as getting 1:44.4 in the big GTRs.
#59 - Tomi
the limit is no use if fast drivers stay in the CD3 servers instead of going to the CD4.

I tried CD4 last night, I only saw 2 guys, one of them being a CD admin. An hour later I was back at CD3 where all the racing was done. :thumbsdow
I reached the CD1 target time, took quite a while and a LOT of tweaking of the setup! I was very close though! One wrong shift could have ruined it! (1:44.35) !
I got the little Target PB thing, but yet, I still can't join CD2. Are the licenses manually updated? Or are they only automatic for previous W LFS Lapper times?
Anyway, it's a great idea and I look forward to some good clean racing. Soon hopefully. I'd hate to have to try and beat it again!
-LoganC-
Quote from Tomi :the limit is no use if fast drivers stay in the CD3 servers instead of going to the CD4.

I tried CD4 last night, I only saw 2 guys, one of them being a CD admin. An hour later I was back at CD3 where all the racing was done. :thumbsdow

its probably due to the fact that alot of ppl dont read forums and have no idea what cd4 is for . There is a small remark when you join cd3 but it gets lost in all the chatter ..

Might i suggest to make a big red/yellow (whatever :P) text int he middle of the screen that advertises cd4 and explains how to enter (the 53.00 lap rule) , because lots of ppl just know that there is something like a licence system (cause they heard) but dont know how to aquire it
Quote from LoganC :I reached the CD1 target time, took quite a while and a LOT of tweaking of the setup! I was very close though! One wrong shift could have ruined it! (1:44.35) !
I got the little Target PB thing, but yet, I still can't join CD2. Are the licenses manually updated? Or are they only automatic for previous W LFS Lapper times?
Anyway, it's a great idea and I look forward to some good clean racing. Soon hopefully. I'd hate to have to try and beat it again!
-LoganC-

It's manually updated, you may need to wait a few days for the next update.
Great, Thanks! I really appreciate the quick response.
At least it will give me time to improve my time!
-LoganC-
Lol you live in Lincolnshire UK too, where abouts? ;D
Quote from birder :Widdowmaker, i can only find a time for WE1 so no licence but i am sure you will hit 1:44.40 on CD1 without any trouble

Did 2 races today - Hit a 1:43.73 - without issue.... Had 2 good races actually - with a CD upfront showing us how its done.

Enjoyed it.
To all those who have said thanks, +1 etc, its a pleasure

To those who feel they need to tell us how to run our servers, please find another one.

Wow, I supply 2 Mini GTR servers and i get called a 1 eyed drunken monkey, at one point over 20% of all drivers (S2) were on CD servers so someone is enjoying it. Still its nothing i have not heard before.

A few facts

1) ConeDodgers are well known for the big GTR's and the new mini GTR's was only done after X came out, so please give us a break.

2) Moaning for the sake of it is not appreciated and i remind anyone who does, that i have found that typing /ban xxx 999 make the moaning go away for ages. Please be positive or contructive, moaning has an effect on me that will always get a reaction (a bad one).

3) There are over 700 drivers of Mini GTR's who have be on CD3, yet only just over 50% are faster than 53.75. Lapper is set at 2.50.00 and the slowest recorded time on CD3 strangely is 2:49.50. Yes 2 minutes and 49 seconds, maybe its was a tottally drunk monkey with no eyes.

4) Today we lowered the target time on CD4 to 0.53.00 and i updated the the licence file so CD4 is licensed for you. Slower driver who already had a license did not lose it.

5) Its a manual system and take almost 2 hours to update so i will do it when i am good and ready and not before.

6) The big GTR License file has 2000 in it and will have several removed at the next update as this is far to many. Several Licensed drivers are still using CD1, they possible like the carnage, however when i update the Big GTR licenses people who have never used CD2 yet do use CD1 will be the ones that are removed.

I think we run a very good set of servers, but we are not perfect, in fact i am far from it, so please give us a bit of time.
Quote from birder :To all those who have said thanks, +1 etc, its a pleasure

To those who feel they need to tell us how to run our servers, please find another one.

So you only want people to praise you and tell you how great you are instead of people giving suggestions to improve your servers even more?
Quote from zeugnimod :So you only want people to praise you and tell you how great you are instead of people giving suggestions to improve your servers even more?

As i said positive and contructive suggestions are welcome.

but to get

"whats the point of having cd4 if the req to get into it (53.75) could be done by a half drunk, half hangover , 1 handed , 1 eyed monkey after a few practice laps arround the track."

is nothing more than someone having a moan for what we have done. What have they done, nothing yet they have to have go at us.

If it had been worded in a different manner it would have been welcome.
rofl if you quote please quote with the name . And lol I thought that this sentence was suppsoed to be funny and well ppl liked it but I guess we are touchy arent we?

Where did I call YOU a drunken monkey ?(just so we are clear here is the sentence again "Just a quick Q , whats the point of having cd4 if the req to get into it (53.75) could be done by a half drunk, half hangover , 1 handed , 1 eyed monkey after a few practice laps arround the track. No offence to anybody.... ") , next time please read up a few times and see that it was ment as a funny remark to the fact that 53.75 was a bit high (and drivers on cd4 did agree with me on that ).

Now how I came to the conclusion , well as I love to race on cd3 (even thou I get wrecked every second time ) I wanted to at least try to help you guys make the cd4 a licensed server and not just another server where ppl think going 150 into t1 is ok cause they have brakes from wonderland. So I payed close attention to the times after each race and even took the time to spec ppl and see the difference of driving based on the lap times . and guess what 1/2 of ppl having times arround 53.75 were driving like maniacs when it comes to close contact , so I thought "ok cd4 is sopposed to be for fast clean races , lots of it is toe to toe as the times are very close to eachother , so where do we need the most clean driving .." and guess what , its toe to toe driving where those mentioned earlier are not handling to well .

So here is the story of my remark , but I guess trying to help You guys and put in some funny remark (i belive there was a no offence line) is not the right way to do and You know best so I'll just shut up and let you run your servers the way you know is best ..
Does the server give me some feedback when I hit the target time? I just drove a 52:45 and it was only shown "Acc has new PB..."
#71 - FL!P
Yeah, it used to display something with "target pb", but I ran a 0:52.22 yesterday on CD3 and I didn't see that message.
Quote from Thill :Where did I call YOU a drunken monkey ..

At the time my PB on CD3 was 53.75 so i was the Monkey. I tried to chat to you last night but you would not answer me.

If its a joke just put (lol) after it and we will all get you idea.
Quote from FL!P :Yeah, it used to display something with "target pb", but I ran a 0:52.22 yesterday on CD3 and I didn't see that message.

Quote from ACCAkut :Does the server give me some feedback when I hit the target time? I just drove a 52:45 and it was only shown "Acc has new PB..."

Lapper only puts that message up if you beat your server PB, i then take the data and extract all those who are faster than the target time we set (CD1 1:44.40 CD3 0.53.00)

If you do !stats it will tell you your current time. or goto the website and enter your username in the license checker.
Quote from birder :At the time my PB on CD3 was 53.75 so i was the Monkey. I tried to chat to you last night but you would not answer me.

If its a joke just put (lol) after it and we will all get you idea.

hmmm thats rather impossible because yesterday I havent been playin g since hmm about 19:00 as I was on a party till 3 in the morning ..

I thought that the meaning of the sentence was funny enough to leave it but I dont really want to discuss and debate that as I dont really want to be banned from the cd servers.

PS: something is wrong with your server btw , as yesterday a few times , while in middle of race I got kicked to spectator . But the wierd thing is I was kicked for now moving. (the drive or spectate message and then kick after some time ) Another wierd thing is that It wasnt me that was beeing kicked (sort off ) , will try to explain :

A few days ago after getting a bit drunk I changed my nick to Thill(a-bit-drunk) and raced like that so ppl will know to be careful arround me but then the next day beeing on a hangover I had a nick Thill(chillout) , but the message for the kick to spectator looked like that (about) "Thill(a-bit-drunk) was moved to spectator or whatever the exact message is. The thing is my nick was thill(chillout) at that time .I know that my master nick is what was beeing kicked but still why did it say Thill(a-bit-drunk) ?. Dont know if you got what I wanted to say cause its kind of hard to explain.

PS: "is nothing more than someone having a moan for what we have done. What have they done, nothing yet they have to have go at us." See I could jump to conclusions based on that remark like you did (because the only reason I wrot that post was to HELP you make a good clean serv and not moan about that something is wrong with it without knowing all the facts) but erm I dont.
Quote from Thill :hmmm thats rather impossible because yesterday I havent been playin g since hmm about 19:00 as I was on a party till 3 in the morning ..

I thought that the meaning of the sentence was funny enough to leave it but I dont really want to discuss and debate that as I dont really want to be banned from the cd servers.

PS: something is wrong with your server btw , as yesterday a few times , while in middle of race I got kicked to spectator . But the wierd thing is I was kicked for now moving. (the drive or spectate message and then kick after some time ) Another wierd thing is that It wasnt me that was beeing kicked (sort off ) , will try to explain :

A few days ago after getting a bit drunk I changed my nick to Thill(a-bit-drunk) and raced like that so ppl will know to be careful arround me but then the next day beeing on a hangover I had a nick Thill(chillout) , but the message for the kick to spectator looked like that (about) "Thill(a-bit-drunk) was moved to spectator or whatever the exact message is. The thing is my nick was thill(chillout) at that time .I know that my master nick is what was beeing kicked but still why did it say Thill(a-bit-drunk) ?. Dont know if you got what I wanted to say cause its kind of hard to explain.

PS: "is nothing more than someone having a moan for what we have done. What have they done, nothing yet they have to have go at us." See I could jump to conclusions based on that remark like you did (because the only reason I wrot that post was to HELP you make a good clean serv and not moan about that something is wrong with it without knowing all the facts) but erm I dont.

1) Kick to spectator is automatic if you dont move for 30 seconds, thats a lapper setting, it first warns you to move and 10 seconds later your are sent to spectate
2) I am not sure of the time i tried to chat to you, you were spectating at the time.
3) What you said may have been funny to you but not to those who it was aimed at.

To be fair i do get fed up with people TELLING me what i should do with my servers, they always seem to want me to answer them straight away even if i am racing. In fact they dont tell me what to do they order me to do it.

I went onto CD3 today for 3 races and was hit and turned over in all 3.
During the 3 races i banned 3 drivers for 12 hours for bad driving. They were all the faster drivers just bumping their way through from the back. Plus i banned one for swearing (Constantly) and another for taking the p**s out of admin. 8 others should have been banned for their stupid driving and not obeying the blue flag.

While i was banning someone i was given the blue flag, i moved off line and slowed to let the faster car pass, and he hit me, i then get "Why did you slow?". You just cant help some people. He was clearly in the wrong, he was doing times in the low 51's so should have known better. Still he can get back on the server in 12 hours when his ban comes off.

Its strange but it then all went quiet and the next races i watched had no problems.

I say Sorry to you Thill, but doing admin on 4 busy servers is not funny, i am very proud of ConeDodgers but sometimes what people say winds me up.

I would ask that everyone do as you are asked by admin when on the server, answer any question asked by admin, and everyone just give others some room.

Being fed up with the carnage went to CD4 (On my own) only to be joined by someone saying "Check your emails, i just got banned on CD3", "it was not me","Please check the replay and unban me","Can you do it now as i want to race" Blah Blah Blah

I went back to CD3 and unbanned him just to shut him up. I then watched 3 races where there were 5 votes to ban from people and i could see no reason why they had voted to ban.

Maybe i should just give up and let you all get on with it........

Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG