The online racing simulator
How on earth do you teach AI drivers?
Had a quick search but couldn't draw anything of use...

With the new patch I'm trying to get AI on Aston Cadet Rev in the MRT, I've driven a few laps, driven through the pits etc... but when I try to add an AI driver and start I'm told; "AI drivers can't yet qualify or practice because they don't know how to drive through the pit lane".

Slightly enbarrasing for them so how do I teach them?
You dont. They can only race without quali in X.
oh thanks
But they won't start in pit lane.
just dont do qualify or practice just race
try mix classing aswell, this will teach them to overtake
Is there a way of knowing when the AI have reached their 'taught' limit?
Quote from LFSn00b :You can teach them, just put 100 fuel to then and put about 100-200 laps to race and go watch TV

why not 5% fuel, and enough laps to require them to pit. that way they learn, and it happens quicker.
You wait until Patch Y.
Until then, there is literally no point in racing them.
ive actually had some good TBO races at Westhill Reverse, the first corner is carnage :P
"why not 5% fuel, and enough laps to require them to pit. that way they learn, and it happens quicker."

Either your being stupid or having a joke!

AI can't pit can they?
nope, but hopefully in Patch Y, they will
since one of the w test patches the ai can start from the pits, but you get the error message from above if you try to start a practice or qualifying session with already added ai on the singleplayer screen.
if you want the ai to sart from the pits (which causes some funny carnage in some pitlanes) start a practice or qualifying session, then press t and then write /ai, if you press return you´ll see that an ai has added. repeat this for as many ai you want and then restart the session with shift+r. now all are driving out of the pits.
if you just want to train the ai on tracks just start races like it was all the time, but do not close the session before the race ends otherwise the ai "learn" file will be reset and the ai has learned nothing. then race them (or let them race by themself) they will learn within about 60 to 100 laps, then there will be no further improve till scaven implements the new physics and the knowledge about tire temperatures for the ai. there is a knowledge file for every ai and for every car+track combo so if you change tracks they have to learn that track. also don´t rename your ai because that will also lead to new knowledge files and they are dumb as before.

everything else is like all the people in here already said.

peace mo

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG