The online racing simulator
Quote from XCNuse :

Plus, demo racers have no say in the weight distributions, mainly because they only have 1 car of that class and that is the XRT, which was fastest along with the FXO completely through the history of LFS, and it is about time the RB4 can keep up with them, so the devs made some changes to slow them down.

Get used to it, because that is the XRT from now on.

The only thing i dont get is why restrict the best cars inclass instead of improving the ones not so good. ?

Why not use the best car in the class as the benchmark and improve everything around that, instead of going in the other direction by dumbing everything down.

Im all for balancing, theres nothing worse than driving an RB4 and then watch the FXO and XRT's pull away into the dinstance, while your pushing as much as you can.

I'd just rather see things improved than dumb down. Creating a class of cars with pros and cons. Not just balanced by sheer weight.

That way everyone would be happy. would'nt they ?
Not sure, but I still think they are fast enough as it is. I think the RB4 has always been the right speed for that class. As far as pros and cons go, thats how it was, however the RB4 was stuck in a hole because it's only faster on 2 tracks out of the ..however many we have, and so it kind of makes it useless to drive.
it's obvious the demo users don't give a flying toss about S2, we've explained it over and over yet they ignore us and go on about their XRT's. HELLO your XRT is now capable of winning races! Before a week ago I would NEVER have seen an XRT peel away from my FXO, but now it does.

You're all crying like you've lost something. As though now you're at a disadvantage. Tell me why this is so...? Please, I aplore you to tell me how havign 20kg more is disadvantaging you when you're all racing the same car anyway? The ONLY thing to get upset about is that you're slower than the LFSW records, but if you actually read my post you'd know that problem is only a temporary one until the next physically incompatible patch. Therefore, you have NOTHING to complain about.
Quote from axus :So they can spend more time making demo teams, and want more features... why not give them another track while we're at it? People already race this game for too long before purchasing it.

You're right ya know... I know of no other game that allows for such a massive demo community. Check out the stats, they well outnumber PAYING customers.

Whilst I have pity for people who can't afford LFS, I also feel for the developers because they cannot afford to run a charity here.

Also, when you consider how many of the "S2 Users" are actually people using illegal hacks, the number of actual paying customers is a frighteningly small percentage of the user base.
Attached images
lfsw_users_070614_1011.gif
Quote from Spils :The only thing i dont get is why restrict the best cars inclass instead of improving the ones not so good. ?

because it cannot be done in a physics compatible patch
probably not even scawen knows exactly how hes going to balance the tbo class in patch y but in x which is physics compatible the only way to do it is with handicaps

Quote from Burnzoire :Whilst I have pity for people who can't afford LFS

this is something i dont get ... if someone can afford an inet connection to download lfs and race online and has the funds to buy a pc capable of running the game i dont get how they somehow fail at raising 24£
well it all adds up! Certainly though, if you play the demo for a year and still say you can't afford to buy it, I call BS.

Buying S2 is the only way of proving to everyone that you're serious about LFS. If a demo user can't save up enough for S2 or if they would rather spend money on other things, then it shows they just don't care enough about LFS. So why should their voices be heard if they obviously don't care enough in the first place?
Quote from Burnzoire :well it all adds up! Certainly though, if you play the demo for a year and still say you can't afford to buy it, I call BS.

Buying S2 is the only way of proving to everyone that you're serious about LFS. If a demo user can't save up enough for S2 or if they would rather spend money on other things, then it shows they just don't care enough about LFS. So why should their voices be heard if they obviously don't care enough in the first place?

Maybe Scawen and co just misjudged how much to give away for free? Maybe once the improved AI have been completed an automatic online ban after 3 months of demo use should be introduced? I can imagine the endless list a whining posts already:haha:

Maxim
#83 - axus
Quote from Burnzoire :Also, when you consider how many of the "S2 Users" are actually people using illegal hacks, the number of actual paying customers is a frighteningly small percentage of the user base.

No, all S2 users a genuine. There's no way to get past LFS' online security and use it online without having payed and that graph only monitors online use.
He's talking about "S2 users"
Quote from Burnzoire :
I might make a video of a 32 car race of FXO's + RB4's + XRT's for demo users to see - it's too much fun to miss out on.

The AAL just ran a 2hr TBO race @ KY National (32 drivers). If you wanted that replay i'll upload it.
cool, I'd enjoy the replay, but dunno if I'll have time to make a movie with all this wedding planning ya never know tho, I might!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG