The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
Quote from xt :reduce performance of those cars or do heavier and all TBO will be balanced. not that temporary handicap option!

And the FXO will have the tire downsized as a permanent solution in the next patch. Temporary option is for finding out the balance, and for observing the result of such changes.
#52 - [d9]
hmmm, demo (racers) are very important to game - demo is gate to full game, free advertisting, most of demo racers (including me) expanding good reputation of game to new people, creating stuff, ... etc. some of demo racers also got brains and can have helpful ideas.

my point of view - i losing fun with racing xrt. there are 2 different cars - xrt with handicap and xrt without handicap. with 1st you can do wr, you can usually practice offline, but no more practising and fun with "same" people online - much like practising with wind? - you like it?.
of course - its hotlapping - alternative to compare with others - you can win races or/and be faster in hotlap...
im not interested in this "duality". because of this i drive (practise) online with gt cars now - no loss for lfs or world, only for me

and, i think - racers (including me) are happier when can be faster, no slower, so more motivate is speed up of slower cars than handicap faster... i know, handicaps are easier to implement...

why are demo servers with xrt handicapped?
its very simply and i understand devs - demo racers are very good and numerous testing drivers for final choice in changed weight of xrt.
Quote from [d9] :demo is gate to full game

looking at your join date and most of all looking at xts join date i dont buy it ... and neither do you
[d9] that will all change in patch Y, the weights now are what they should be to equal out the classes.

Plus, demo racers have no say in the weight distributions, mainly because they only have 1 car of that class and that is the XRT, which was fastest along with the FXO completely through the history of LFS, and it is about time the RB4 can keep up with them, so the devs made some changes to slow them down.

Get used to it, because that is the XRT from now on.
Quote from [d9] :and, i think - racers (including me) are happier when can be faster, no slower, so more motivate is speed up of slower cars than handicap faster...

In the end of either method you end up with a set of cars with some arbitrary perfarmance figures. What's the difference? I just think too meny people have an obsessien with speed, thinking it's more fun or will lead to more excinig roces. In practise, it's neither.
i have realy confused now. I hate that extra weight in xrt.My faforite car is spoiled with extra weight and yes i have s2 but i love that xrt car.
why that balance cant do like put more power them which is slower etc......

www.ncr-team.net
Because those cars already have plenty of power, that XRT is only a 4 banger and produces way over 200 horsepower.
Set the weight in the back, it really hasn't slowed down that much.

Get over it, everyone else has to put up with it so it makes no difference, it is unreal to have a 300bhp car that only has 4 cylinders.
Quote from XCNuse :Get over it, everyone else has to put up with it so it makes no difference, it is unreal to have a 300bhp car that only has 4 cylinders.

uh were in europe here not the us ... i know plenty of cars with these kind of performance figures
Nowadays sure, but the XRT is based off of the Starion and RX7 FC, neither of which even produced 200 bhp.
the fc was produced in the late 80s to early 90s the cars im talking about were as well

the most comparable car to the xrt i know has a 2.3l 4 banger with a turbo at 0.7 bar (less than the xrt) and produces ~300 hp on an engine that was built in the same timeframe as the fc

edit: other cars i know get ~290 hp from 2.5l naturally aspirated 4 bangers with (heavily modified) engines from that timeframe
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar
Of course the demo racers do not like the change - they don't have other cars to realise the benefits of this balancing move. That doesn't excuse their ignorance, however.

It's been said a million times, that this ballast system is a STEPPING-STONE to the next physically incompatible patch where all records will be wiped. Using the data from these patches, the car specs will be altered in order to allow for more even racing. It is exactly because of the LFSW stats that this has to be done this way. These patches are here to MAKE SURE the cars are balanced and do not need to be tweaked any more, thus, the new LFSW stats will remain valid. So if you're complaining about the stats, about having to do WR runs in single player, then you need not worry as it will be resolved soon enough. Show some patience, ESPECIALLY the demo racers. We have paid for our product, so why should you guys be so much more demanding and impatient?

On the flip side, perhaps now would be a good time to introduce a new car for the demo, another TBO to demonstrate how much fun it is to race different cars against each other. Yes, I also understand the importance of keeping the demo community happy, as it is where practically all S2 drivers started.

I might make a video of a 32 car race of FXO's + RB4's + XRT's for demo users to see - it's too much fun to miss out on.
#62 - axus
Quote from Burnzoire :On the flip side, perhaps now would be a good time to introduce a new car for the demo, another TBO to demonstrate how much fun it is to race different cars against each other. Yes, I also understand the importance of keeping the demo community happy, as it is where practically all S2 drivers started..

So they can spend more time making demo teams, and want more features... why not give them another track while we're at it? People already race this game for too long before purchasing it.
#63 - Gunn
Quote from xt :anyways, demo or licensed, this do not changes the topic, and handicaps to car is kinda unlogical (its temporary or not).

Class balancing occurs in real life too. Sometimes by weight regulations, sometimes by regulating or restricting the car mechanically. Handicaps to a particular car to make it competitive with other cars in its class is quite logical. In fact, without balancing you have no class at all, just a bunch of unmatched cars.

If three cars in the class are not matched or not competitive with each other, then most drivers will choose to race the one fastest car of the bunch. Racing is about winning, after all. Instead of this kind of exclusion, a class balancing handicap system makes the three cars more competitive with each other and therefore we get a much richer racing experience (with a variety of drive trains in the case of the TBO and GTR classes in LFS).

The racing becomes more interesting, more competitive, more challenging by having a balanced class. It's a great improvement to LFS when you look at it this way.
#64 - xt
3rd world coutry does not let me to buy this game, £ 24 is hell money here, and thats not all, bank system makes BIG barrier to transfer money outside my country and total cost of game raises to 2x £ 24 = £ 48, so dont say that im demo and i dont have a word, i saw this game evoluting since very begining, my join date would be 2002 but at 2002 internet here was only at RICH ones. try to be in my place. im dreaming about lfs license not less than ALL of you before buying.

now back to topic

okay, this balancing system is required ONLY when same class cars racing on track, so maybe lets discuss not overal balancing but class balancing on STCC or CTRA races, otherwise leave cars with own unique specs.

Burnzoire, plz do that video, i cant wait to see what i missed.

Peace.
#65 - JJ72
so you are saying we shouldn't race these cars in the same time, unless it's for STCC or CTRA? What kind of logic is that?#

And not like after balanced the car don't have unique specs, so where is that logic again?
Quote from xt :...

Just get used to the handicaps already. When patch Y comes around, all the handicaps will be removed again, and instead the car stats themselves will be altered to reflect the current balancing. The XRT will get slower, if you like it or not.
#67 - xt
Quote from JJ72 :so you are saying we shouldn't race these cars in the same time

No, for you im saying, race them all, live happy. enjoy balance.
Quote from Nosser :But I think wasaabi is right, because the most drivers who use XRT are demoracers and on demo you have nothing to compare with the XRT. I think it would be better to make it a server option so that the people who play online in a server with the XRT just can set normal times that can be compared with the lfsworld times and can drive unofficial WR's...

What are you joking or what?

btw -1 for server option
Quote from wasaabi :Its not my job to be part of the damn devolopment team! I didn't think there'd be stupid crap like this coming down the pipeline. What has happened here, is that the drivers have been driving, and the forum-junkies have been discussing the changes! why fix something that isnt broken? I get used to driving the XRT with my setups around tracks, and now theres a completely pointless 20kg stacked on it, which throws it off completely. thats just great that there planning on screwing around with EVERYTHING again, go on and see if I buy S3... Theres no point in getting good at something if the skill is useless again in a few months!! I happily bought S1, and when S2 came out I was a little pissed but I bought it anyway assuming that the physics and cars were going to stay mostly the same. I'm NOT buying S3 if theres going to be another one of these epic changeovers. I'd have stuck a fork in S2 and called it done after the connecting issues were fixed and maybe a few other small interface things. Because, the old S2 is what I bought, and not X!

Dont get me wrong though the global handicap system is the only problem I've got with the new version, other than that they've done a great job fixing up the game.

Oh you mean EPIC setup chase? See the great thing is now you get to adjust ur setups for XRT so they fine again it dont take that long only tweaking. You will be able to use skillz there. So much for srewing, ffs relax 20 kg is nothin it 1,6 % overall mass of the car. And it is not that radical!
Come on! It's only 20kg. Not a big deal. So lap times are few tenths slower, so what? It's not like XRT lost half ot it's power... I'm sure new(ish) players are still struggling to keep the car at their control.

Quote from Nasty! :i have realy confused now. I hate that extra weight in xrt.My faforite car is spoiled with extra weight and yes i have s2 but i love that xrt car.
why that balance cant do like put more power them which is slower etc......

www.ncr-team.net

Finally you can grab a win or two in your favourite car. What's so spoiled in that? TBO class is now temporary balanced by restrictions and you have a chance to win with every car. That wasn't the case week ago.
Wow read the whole thread and yes I share your dissapointment that the cars are slower. But you know what I got over it!!!

I was always an FXO driver as there was never a chance for me to beat it with the XRT or RB4. Now the FXO is seconds a lap slower than it usually was for me on the longer circuits but now im battling with all the cars which i have to say is what the racing should be. We are not here to race at WR level, you cant when you are going side by side through corners anyways.

Really if it was possible it would be priceless to get some S2 drivers into the demo servers with some FXO's and you demo drives can have your 20kg's removed and we will have our restriction removed. It wont even take a race before you will take that 20kg back and enforce our restriction. You would then really see why this balancing has been put in place.
Quote from Mauni :Come on! It's only 20kg. Not a big deal. So lap times are few tenths slower, so what? It's not like XRT lost half ot it's power... I'm sure new(ish) players are still struggling to keep the car at their control.

Finally you can grab a win or two in your favourite car. What's so spoiled in that? TBO class is now temporary balanced by restrictions and you have a chance to win with every car. That wasn't the case week ago.

extra weight suck better i see more power that slower car than drive xrt + 20kg sandback in my car
Quote from Nasty! :extra weight suck better i see more power that slower car than drive xrt + 20kg sandback in my car

And in english?
#74 - JJ72
Quote from Nasty! :extra weight suck better i see more power that slower car than drive xrt + 20kg sandback in my car

it's just in your head, bud. If I give you two XRT, one heavier and one lighter by 20kg but not telling you which on it is. You couldn't even tell.

now go practice and be a better driver, you will then have a faster car.
hmm
Quote from Nosser :But I think wasaabi is right, because the most drivers who use XRT are demoracers and on demo you have nothing to compare with the XRT. I think it would be better to make it a server option so that the people who play online in a server with the XRT just can set normal times that can be compared with the lfsworld times and can drive unofficial WR's...

i'm not a demoracer, but i ALWAYS drive the XRT, so keep your asumptions for yourself.. i know that "asumption" is spelled wrong.. dont care..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG