The online racing simulator
Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
Changes at ConeDodgers
Since Patch X all CD servers have been upgraded to 47 slots with 32 racers

CD1 is set to our normal GTR’s on Aston National (AS3)
CD3 is set to UFR / XFR on Aston Cadet (AS2)

CD2 and 4 have changed from day to day.

The racing on CD1 and CD3 has been manic, so much so that its almost impossible to get a race without problems. Most Newbies when joing LFS go straight for the big GTR’s and as CD1 always the fullest server in the list they end up there. CD1 also attracts some amazing drivers, pre X we had 10 drivers in the 1:39’s and 100’s in the 1:40’s. FXR and XRR times in the 1:41’s were also common.

With 47 slots we now have racers waitng to race and 32 cars into T1 is carnage.

With Patch X we have found it almost impossible to Admin the servers. Its difficult to find, let alone right click a name in the huge connection list. Blue flags are out on every lap after lap 1, and the use of Shift+S is causing Mayhem. Also there is so much chat that no one takes notice of any admin warnings.

We get sleepers on the grid EVERY RACE as drivers just forget the new start system and even drivers who sit on the grid with their brakes on just to cause problems.

Something had to be done and with the help of the_angry_angel we now have a license system in place.

CD1 will stay public but CD2 now has the License system running on it.

Simply put, if you name is not on the list you cannot join the race.

In order to get the sytem up and running we have had use the times recorded on LFSLapper under Patch W.

A license has been given to any racer who has been on a CD server while LFSLapper has been running and completed a lap under 1:44.40 with patch W.

To see if you have a License goto www.conedodgers.co.uk and enter you name in the search in the home page. Its a bit basic but all i could do in the time

If your name is not in you need a License so simply go to CD1 and race, once you have done a 1:44.40 LFSLapper will say “[CD] target PB XXXXX” and you will be considered at the next Licence update.

This is a manual system and not automatic.

ALL WE ASK THAT IF YOU HAVE A LICENCE YOU PLEASE RACE ON CD2

Further details will be announced on our website

Thanks

[CD] Birder
It is very dissapointing to hear that you have had to put restrictions in place to allow a decent race of like minded people.

I do hope this works for you and the racers who want to race on your servers. Good luck
Had many great races on the CD servers in the past, all the best for your new CD2 server hope it brings better racing for all.
i kinda have fun with all the noobs on CD3 today, it's a new challenge, like an action movie or sumet, but the new licence is a definate +1 from me
Widdowmaker, i can only find a time for WE1 so no licence but i am sure you will hit 1:44.40 on CD1 without any trouble

JohnPenn and Benji, you both have a license so get some clean racing on CD2

Benji, i have not had time to sort out CD3, now 32 mini GTR's is truly manic, i agree that its fun, sort of a Death Destruction Derby without the Death....

My next plan is to supply cheap body panels for UFR and XFR and setup shop on CD3
#6 - Slopi
Sweet. Now to wait till the server is dead silent for me to go do some hotlapping! That way I don't have to dodge T1 wrecks
#7 - Thill
any chance to do the same for ppl driving the ufr and xfr ? As I like the big gtr's , the small ones are just more fun
I think that this is a great idea, I feel sorry for you CD guys as you've been getting a lot of undeseved stick recently . I am not quite at the 1:44 mark yet...a little more practise and I should be there. Good luck with the new system.
#9 - Slopi
Quote :any chance to do the same for ppl driving the ufr and xfr ? As I like the big gtr's , the small ones are just more fun

+1!!!

I do like the smaller cars better
+1 Except It's the first time ever I have found CD2 to be empty

So Jumped onto CD1 with 8 racers
You know, just because you can run 32 racers does not mean that you should .

I do wish you all the best with your coming system though.
woohoo

will get on tonight when the mrs is watching big brother

edit to add, thanks to the angry angel

i tried to like the new patch X but found the game more stressfull as a result, starting from the back was a complete nightmare IMO, once you were out the front and to quote lewis hamilton "away from the monkeys" it was still fun, but the starts were a bit of a pain.

i once sat right at the back of the grid and just took it easy and saw the king of all pileups happen right infront of me with people swerving around others and hitting each other

this seams to happen far to much with the "people at the back"

also had massive problems with picking a pit entry due to the large amount of traffic and "newbies" joining midrace/blue flag mayhem.

best way i could think of was to stay out for as long as possible and hope nobody new joins mid race

should be good to start racing the usual decent racers again
Good luck with the changed, CD guys.
Why such a high number of spec slots? I'd consider reducing the number of spectators to, well, five. tops. That'd reduce the chatter, hammering, so on and so forth.
Quote from felplacerad :Why such a high number of spec slots? I'd consider reducing the number of spectators to, well, five. tops. That'd reduce the chatter, hammering, so on and so forth.

they are needed for admin/marshall stuff
All of the 15 spec slots? I'd think around 7-8 would be more than enough.
Quote from Thill :any chance to do the same for ppl driving the ufr and xfr ? As I like the big gtr's , the small ones are just more fun

+3
Quote from felplacerad :Why such a high number of spec slots? I'd consider reducing the number of spectators to, well, five. tops. That'd reduce the chatter, hammering, so on and so forth.

We would like to have 47 slots for LFS GTR: League races so D2 drivers could spec D1 but its a good idea

However i am not sure the number of spectators is a config setting?

We had several good drivers use CD2 last night but some Licensed driver stayed on CD1.

This is a tempory solution until our new race control system is finished.
Oh, now i need 2secs less with my XRR, atm I manage 1:45s.
I've had some of the best racing of my LFS 'career' this week on CD3. Sure there were terrible drivers mixed in, but that just added to the fun. For example, having one plow through the AS1 chicane tires and then having to squeek my way through the littered track at 100mph with an airborne UFR. Some people really stress out for no reason on your servers. Someone would get spun out by accident and they would IMMEDIATELY go to the kick/ban vote and spam the guy with insults, it was rediculous.
Quote from birder :We would like to have 47 slots for LFS GTR: League races so D2 drivers could spec D1 but its a good idea

However i am not sure the number of spectators is a config setting?

We had several good drivers use CD2 last night but some Licensed driver stayed on CD1.

This is a tempory solution until our new race control system is finished.

The number of spectators is determined by the maxguests-carsmax.

i.e. if you set maxguests = 47, there's a total of 47 connections, which equals 47-carsmax.
For only 5 spectators set /maxguests=carsmax+5 (where carsmax represents the actual number set for /carsmax).
Quote from Becky Rose :You know, just because you can run 32 racers does not mean that you should .

I do wish you all the best with your coming system though.

We live in hope of 32 clean drivers on a server at the same time, wouldn't that be something
Quote from birder :However i am not sure the number of spectators is a config setting?

As the_angry_angel says /maxguests and /carsmax are separate settings. But I guess you knew that. But one that not everyone knows is /adminslots which can be anything from 0 to 8. You probably know that as well but I'll just mention it here for anyone who's reading as it's a quite recent update and some people still don't know about it.

It's a setting to reserve slots for admins, so they can always join with the admin password.

For example if you have /maxguests=47 and /adminslots=7 then only 40 non-admins can join so when empty your host will appear in the list like this : 0/40.

It surprises me to see hosts with 0/47 because it means they have not reserved any admin slots.
Quote from Scawen :For example if you have /maxguests=47 and /adminslots=7 then only 40 non-admins can join so when empty your host will appear in the list like this : 0/40.

They appear like that in the in-game list only but not on LFS World.

Quote from Scawen :It surprises me to see hosts with 0/47 because it means they have not reserved any admin slots.

Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG