The online racing simulator
Fruity loops 5
(30 posts, started )
Fruity loops 5
Anyone know how to use it? I downloaded the demo last night and have no clue how to use it...

Edit: Frutiy loops 7 studio
#2 - (SaM)
It's quite different from FL 1 to 5, but I must say the interface is much more intuitive now.

Just click around and see what everything does is the way to learn it, so have I.
Cubase FTW! :P
Anyone know of an open source or freeware alternative?

< Tight git that likes open source software.
#5 - (SaM)
Quote from Darkone55 :Cubase FTW! :P

Have to agree on that.

Although I produced more songs in FLStudio, I certainly prefer Cubase. Especially for mastering CDs from my band and other musicians.
Quote from duke_toaster :Anyone know of an open source or freeware alternative?

< Tight git that likes open source software.

Buzz, Audacity..

Quote from (SaM) :Have to agree on that.

Although I produced more songs in FLStudio, I certainly prefer Cubase. Especially for mastering CDs from my band and other musicians.

Hehe, I have made more tracks in FL too, but I still prefer Cubase. For mastering I use Cool Edit, with some cool mastering plugins.
What kind of music do you make (alone, or with your band)?
I use it but I don't like it that much, it's too closed minded.

I'd rather get one of those pianos.
Fruity Loops.. I gave up on before the end of a month of trying to figure out what the hell was going on, I watched tutorials, I read tutorials, I took apart other songs, but no matter what I tried I couldn't really get anything to work so I just gave up and got rid of it after that.
i got a couple good beats but you cant save them because of the demo...so now im getting a special one...
Fruity Loops can be really powerful when you know how to use it. Granted Cubase is in a different league, but my brother has produced some really good material with FL. He's been using it for a good 18 months now or so though.
#13 - col
Quote from Darkone55 :Cubase FTW! :P

lol

Try Orion - it is head and shoulders above the competition... definitely the best value as well. There are a lot of similarities between Orion and LFS
Small team with big vision, innovation and high quality implementation, VFM... also great community.

Col
Yup, fruity loops, can be very very powerful, as everything needs to be mastered!
I personally like it a lot, to me it's a very simple and versatile program, spend time by clicking everywhere (after tutorials of course) it's one heck of a strategy! Very effective!
I prefer Cakewalk SONAR over all. But I've used Cakewalk software for years so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Learning any of these from square one is going to be tough. =-/
Ableton Live ftw
Quote from Darkone55 :What kind of music do you make (alone, or with your band)?

With FL I make all kinds of music, basically all genres you can make with it.
Electro, Hiphop, Ambient, Trance, Drum 'n' Bass.. etc.

Me and my band play Funk/Soul/Rock. I play bass.

You?
#21 - col
Quote from Not Sure :Ableton Live ftw

As I understand it, Ableton Live is a perfect complement to Orion....

Reason is a toy !
comparing Reason to Cubase, Live or Orion is like comparing Mariokart to LFS !
can't even use vsti plugins ffs and the sound quality of the built-ins is very poor.
Heh..... I'm producer, and im using fl7 and cubase4... best softz + hardware..

col: Reason is toy?

Omfg man... leave Your grass dealer... ) Reason dont using vsts because he have own VST inserted to core...
Ableton? Good only for CJ (DJ on PC).

Heh... :-)
I never liked the FruityLoops interface, it's just too much of an arse to use.

Quote from Paragon :Use REASON is the best Programm www.propellerheads.se

Whereas Reason has an excellent, intuitive interface. I can work much faster with that.

Quote from col :Reason is a toy !

I would have to agree, but it's the best by far of all these "toys" on the market. I wouldn't use it for anything serious, but for putting demos together and trying out ideas it's great - so quick to work with.
About reason:
Quote from thisnameistaken :I would have to agree, but it's the best of all these "toys" on the market. I wouldn't use it for anything serious, but for putting demos together and trying out ideas it's great - so quick to work with.

Its can be best only when Proppelhead release 4 version with VST support. Now its normally shit ;-) Cubase 4 is many better. FL7 not so much but too.
Quote from GieTe-R :Its can be best only when Proppelhead release 4 version with VST support. Now its normally shit ;-) Cubase 4 is many better. FL7 not so much but too.

Of course Cubase is better - it's a proper, grown-up sequencer. Reason isn't competing with Cubase.

As for FL... I suppose it comes down to personal taste. I find it practically unusable. The cutesy interface gets in the way. It seems to be popular with bedroom dance record producers but I don't know any proper musicians who rate it.

Fruity loops 5
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG