The online racing simulator
#1 - xt
Rim damage - "Damage and malfunction"
Im suggesting rim (wheel without tyre) damage and deformations.

In my opinionion creating rim deformation system would be top level accievment going closer to real life sim.

After crash or driving over HARD bump, rim could deform and depending on done damage flatten tyres, reduce handling quality.. also a little damaged rim could affect suspension work, i mean high speed driving with unbalanced wheels is unstable, also damaged when could bounce and do damage to suspension.

suggest, argue, correct me
+1
tires damage, cutting etc too ) to ride without tires when its get off from rims
#4 - xt
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :To burst ur bubble this has already been suggested before. Next time use the search option

i was searched, but nothing found. sorry
#5 - xt
Quote from GieTe-R :tires damage, cutting etc too ) to ride without tires when its get off from rims

also when tire is away, then sparkles can come from rim when this lands to asphalt
Quote from xt :also when tire is away, then sparkles can come from rim when this lands to asphalt

+1
#7 - DDM
great idea
All the wheel damage behavior described so far is that of forged wheels that bend but don't crack/break when overladed. Not really a problem since I would never track a car seriously with those ridiculously heavy, porous and crack/fracture prone gravity cast wheels.

I remember a car chase where a guy stole a Lancer Evolution and went through a spike strip, blowing all 4 tires whilst pursued by cops. He drove at a pretty constant speed of about 250+km/h when the tires were still on the rims. He then literally drove the tires off as police called off the ridiculously fast and dangerous ground chase, instead focusing all efforts on the helicopter chase. He went along on the rims at speeds between 160-180km/h, only to press on and wear them down to the brakes. He pressed on with the brakes on the ground, still going up to about 130km/h. Eventually he wore the brakes down and ground himself to a halt.

Anyway, + infinity, should be included when S3 nears completion AND most of us here actually run multicore computers that can cope with this extra computing demand.
#9 - Jakg
Most of us run multi-core computers?

Not true, unfortunately.
That's probably why he said "when S3 nears completion" meaning that by then hopefully more people will run multi-core cpu's.
Quote from Jakg :Most of us run multi-core computers?

Not true, unfortunately.

S3 is at least some years away and most if not all computers worth buying these days have mutlicore CPUs, so it is not too far fetched if most of us would have upgraded our computers in that timeframe.
#12 - Jakg
ah, for S3 I see your point
#13 - JTbo
Why it requires multicore cpu to have such damage model? Surely there is no point to calculate structural stress and model how some alloy behaves when failing every time you get wheel damage, few different should be enough to choose from.
Quote from Jamexing :
I remember a car chase where a guy stole a Lancer Evolution and went through a spike strip, blowing all 4 tires whilst pursued by cops. He drove at a pretty constant speed of about 250+km/h when the tires were still on the rims. He then literally drove the tires off as police called off the ridiculously fast and dangerous ground chase, instead focusing all efforts on the helicopter chase. He went along on the rims at speeds between 160-180km/h, only to press on and wear them down to the brakes. He pressed on with the brakes on the ground, still going up to about 130km/h. Eventually he wore the brakes down and ground himself to a halt.

Thank you posting that. We WRX and STi drivers feel that a Lancer EVO is so over engineered and the above proves the point that you need zero skill to drive an EVO, only a fat pocketbook.

Muwhahahahah.
Quote from jayhawk :Thank you posting that. We WRX and STi drivers feel that a Lancer EVO is so over engineered and the above proves the point that you need zero skill to drive an EVO, only a fat pocketbook.

Muwhahahahah.

It means that the car is built TOUGH, nothing more and nothing less. IF anything the Mitsubishi Engineers should be applauded for doing their jobs well, unlike the current level of mediocrity, irresponsibility, incompetence and SHEER LAZINESS that engulfs modern society. And no, Lancer Evolutions CAN NOT magically turn incompetent drivers into Tommi Makinens that can run through the narrow, twisty and treacherous roads of Monte Carlo really quickly. When was the last time you could buy a car under 60,000AUD driveaway AND kill ridiculously overpriced and impractical competition as long as you're a competent rally driver?

BTW, it's these kind of silly and mindless statements that make all car guys look bad to everyone else. It's basically a neon sign that says:"This guy is REALLY ignorant and doesn't really have a clue about this."
#16 - JTbo
Maybe we should launch new term 'car kids' as car guys is not worth to use

If one has not driven such car, then it is not too wise to comment that it is over engineered that you would need zero skill to drive such thing. Surely most of even very powerful cars are easy to drive today, some are easier when going fast than others, but when going fast each one of them requires skills, laws of physics won't change no matter what car has.
I suggest Wheel damage... If u crash your wheel will break and u will lose it... So many times i see a nub on the way with wrong cambers and so. Many times crasher can crash too many people and he isnt that damaged to dont crash others. Good drivers dont crash and if they mostly it is just a push
Holy bump batman!

Wheel damage isn't that common apart from scratches, dents and marks. I remember the picture of the Porsche test driver that crashed on that Autobahn, had a few spokes ripped off a wheel, and he went into a median barrier doing well over 150. Suspension and drivetrain damage would stop you long before wheel damage I think
but there are so many ss and som cars what can be really easily damaged
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Holy bump batman!

Wheel damage isn't that common apart from scratches, dents and marks. I remember the picture of the Porsche test driver that crashed on that Autobahn, had a few spokes ripped off a wheel, and he went into a median barrier doing well over 150. Suspension and drivetrain damage would stop you long before wheel damage I think

Agree 100%
If someone manages to damage the rim, changes are at least 80% the suspension will also be seriously damaged. This is often seen in F1 races, rim damage is very rare, but tearing off the entire wheel from the car in a collision or crash is rather common. And those F1 rims are very very light weight.

So rim damage is rather pointless to implement i think.
true... it needs just messing broken wheels on the track + pop wheel after crash wheel vs something

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG