The online racing simulator
**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :So many bizarre stories from Montreal that this one barely got any coverage.

haha thats amazing, with fisi almost skelping one in practice and davidson actually hitting one.

*makes obligatory joke about that being the only beaver davidson is able to hit*
Quote from DeKo :*makes obligatory joke about that being the only beaver davidson is able to hit*

Leave him alone! It can't be easy being ginger.

I especially love the gratuitous stock photo of a beaver in the story, just in case somebody doesn't know what a beaver looks like.
By now I'm getting the feeling that Hamilton could get pole every race, win every race, set the fastest lap every race, win the championship ten times in a row and still (some) people wouldn't recognise that he is something special.
Quote from Jertje :By now I'm getting the feeling that Hamilton could get pole every race, win every race, set the fastest lap every race, win the championship ten times in a row and still people wouldn't recognise that he is something special.

Well I'm sure you'd agree that your average LFS forum visitor is probably a better judge of an F1 driver than Niki Lauda or Jackie Stewart. After all, they only won three championships each despite having really fast and easy to drive cars.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Leave him alone! It can't be easy being ginger.

I especially love the gratuitous stock photo of a beaver in the story, just in case somebody doesn't know what a beaver looks like.

lmao.

btw, for anybody who cares, highlights are on ITV now.

Also, a few massively high resolution photos of kubica's crash (2850x2072 or something): http://www.imagesf1.com/2007/sauber/sauber2007.html
see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFDQwbcDo0

he clipped a car a presume, went off hit the grass a caught some air, clipped the wall before slamming into another concrete one. very nasty crash for sure
Yeah I think a lot of you guys are being overly unimpressed by Hamilton's performances..

I mean, not off the podium this season, any gap he has seen he has got himself in, pole position at a track he has never seen before (or does it show that simulator really works Tristan :razz, keeps his head in ANY situation he has been in so far, NO mistakes, superb driving style, and thrashing his highly experienced opponents in the world championship in his rookie F1 year.

Like someone said, I think if Hamilton won every race from now on, you guys would still be unimpressed.
-
(Paranoid Android) DELETED by Paranoid Android
I don't think he's a bad driver, he could be great but it's too early to tell. I don't think that driving the fastest car on the grid from the pole spot for 70 laps without crashing with no real opposition is a great test of his skill, quite what the other people in fast cars were playing at today is beyond me, he was the third best driver today, Sato completely outshone everyone by passing Raikkonen and Alonso and Heidfield did a strong drive to second in a slower car.

I'm not syaing he's not a very good driver but comparing him to Senna is probably best saved until he actually makes a Senna like drive.
I'm not comparing him to Senna either, but I am extremely impressed.
Quote from J.B. :Since all the broadcast shots of the crash were in slow motion I decided to manually make a clip with the crash in realtime.

http://rapidshare.com/files/36 ... eal_kubica_crash.avi.html

When will driving people onto the grass on a straight finally be unacceptable?

thanks for that, just shows how fast he was actually moving.

I thought he had hit the stationary toro rosso off the track before hitting the wall, but from that video looks like he clipped the wall.
Quote from deggis :TBK links.

Shouldn't be hotlinking clips from TBK...
Well, after the initial reports that Kubica had broken his leg/s it seems he only sustained a sprained ankle and will leave hospital tomorrow. He could even race in next weeks GP.
Those cars sure are amazingly tough.

Great news
It looks like he actually hit the back of the Toyota, you see a bit of bodywork go flying before he hits the grass. Yes no doubt about it I just looked, he ran into the back of the Toyota and the front end lifted and the wing came off, then he was a passenger.

I will do a slow motion zoomed in video, and upload it soon.
Quote from tristancliffe :Earlier you accused someone of not seeing Hamilton's strengths because they prefer Button.

When did i say that? I accuse you of not getting you facts straight.
Quote from amp88 :Shouldn't be hotlinking clips from TBK...

I kind of forgot Now if you could remove the links from your quote also
Geez. Watching that most recent super close slo-mo, it is actually Lucky Kubica didn't go over that first retaining wall, there was a marshall and a tractor right behind it. He has a wheelie after loosing that front wing bit, but clipping the wall brings the nose down for that viscious hit. Unbelievable if he makes the US GP next week.
I actually think him clipping that first wall may have saved his skin, since it pitched the car at an angle so that it was more of a front end crash. That meant the nose cone did its job and soaked up the impact. If it had been on the original course it would have been mostly side impact, right where there is the least protection for the driver.
I think some people are bashing Raikkonen without any real reason. I mean, c'mon, give the guy a break. He's at a brand new team with a slower car than the McLarens at the moment. He still has time to prove himself. For comparison, look at Alonso in today's race, how many times did he cut the first chicane? Not something I expect from the 2 time world champion but I am still not going to say he has no talent. If Ferrari's performance betters as the season goes on, I am sure Kimi will compete with the front-runners.

And before someone brings up Hamilton, his case is quite different IMO. He's always been under McLaren; he's not really new to the team, and I think that really helps him perform well.
Glad Kubica is ok.
I was talking to a friend about Hamilton and he was saying about him being good and no rookie has ever done what he has done. To me though he is good, you have to be good to get into F1 and win what he has won but I can't think of a time when a rookie (a) had such a good team (b) such a good car (c) already knew the team so wouldn't be 'new'. I am by no means saying he has no ability, but I agree with tristan, he has done nothing spectacular.
this race proved that less downforce means more passing. sato on alonso was brilliant.
What was wrong with Alonso, off the track 4(?) times in the race? He looks as if he cracked.
Quote from Greboth :I can't think of a time when a rookie (a) had such a good team (b) such a good car (c) already knew the team so wouldn't be 'new'.

Well, Jaques Villeneuve had (a) and (b). How well did Hamilton know McLaren's F1 team before he signed for this year anyway? I know they supported him over the years but it's not like he was racing out of their garage with the same mechanics or whatever.

**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG