The online racing simulator
**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
Friday Practice 1

Friday Practice 2

Lewis Hamilton second fastest in FP1 and 3rd in FP2 - it's nothing to read in to but the fastest speed trap in FP2 shared with Fisco (to 1DP at least) ...........

I just hope that Ron Dennis doesn't do some tactical goof up like he has done before with LH or do the usual blatant favouratism to FA.
#2 - DeKo
Quote from duke_toaster :Friday Practice 1

Friday Practice 2

Lewis Hamilton second fastest in FP1 and 3rd in FP2 - it's nothing to read in to but the fastest speed trap in FP2 shared with Fisco (to 1DP at least) ...........

I just hope that Ron Dennis doesn't do some tactical goof up like he has done before with LH or do the usual blatant favouratism to FA.

... eh? obviously FA will be given preference, he's the double world champion and he has #1 on his car. Im as big a fan of LH as the rest of you, but the fact is that Hamilton hasnt yet proven himself to have the pedigree to actually be a championship winner (although he isnt far off) but alonso has.
I dont think thats obvious at all.

They both have the same amount of points in THIS championship and thats what should count. And I havent seen anything that makes Hamilton looks worse than Alonso this season.
That stuff at Monaco didnt' make sense anyway, it wasn't like Lewis had the pace to really get Fernando.. Lewis was a bit lucky that he got away with the risks there, even touching the barriers a few times as he said..
Looks like it's going to be a great McLaren-Ferrari fight all the way.

Hoping for a good quali from Ferrari. GO KIMI!
#6 - ajp71
Quote from duke_toaster :I just hope that Ron Dennis doesn't do some tactical goof up like he has done before with LH or do the usual blatant favouratism to FA.

Lewis Hamilton is leading the championship and in all the races I've bothered to watch this season he's not driven that impressively, comprehensively outshone by Alonso (who whilst good isn't a Schumacher). I really can't see how team orders would have effected the races I've seen and TBH I think you'll find Hamilton isn't the kind of person who'll be put off at risking his and his teamates race in the kind of silly overtaking manoeuvre he's used to doing (Silverstone GP2 anyone?).

I think if anything Lewis Hamilton is getting far more attention than Alonso, in the end of the day he makes great PR if McLaren can just get Alonso to go and win the championship for them in the background whilst Hamilton is still the next big thing.
WOOT Hamilton on pole!!!
WOOT Heidfeld 3rd in front of the Ferraris!!
WOOT! We don't know the fuel loads (meaning grid position means nothing at the moment, but Alonso was quicker on low fuel runs).
Quote from tristancliffe :WOOT! We don't know the fuel loads (meaning grid position means nothing at the moment, but Alonso was quicker on low fuel runs).

Yeah, don't want to be mean but I wonder if this was team order from uncle Dennis then? Alonso didn't really care to congratulate Hamilton, like he knew the result beforehand.
#11 - J.B.
Fantastic performances once again by Senna and Prost, err sorry, I mean Hamilton and Alonso. I love the way they are pushing each other to the limit, leaving Ferrari in the dust while doing so.

I have no doubt that they will be allowed to both go for the win tomorrow so it will be very interesting. Who will be the first to make a major mistake while under pressure from his teammate?
#12 - J.B.
Quote from zeugnimod :WOOT Heidfeld 3rd in front of the Ferraris!!

Great, but next time could the FIATs actually not make Q2
Quote from J.B. :Here's Hamilton's full pole lap from onboard. I wonder if he builds that turn-in oversteer into his setup on purpose? It looks fast.

http://rapidshare.com/files/36 ... ton_pole_onboard.avi.html

Awesome! Thanks for the link

I think hamilton is absolutely great, I don't care if the media go OTT, he is superb, his driving style is awesome, always on the brink of losing the car but somehow always keeps it moving forwards.
Hamiltion is very fast at the moment, would actually like to see him start around the mid pack for a laugh though.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Hamiltion is very fast at the moment, would actually like to see him start around the mid pack for a laugh though.

That would be great viewing tbh...we'd get to see some overtaking in F1

If anyone knows where i can download the GP2 race in Turkey where he overtook most of the field I'd appreciate the link in a PM. It was one of the greatest races I've ever watched.
#18 - J.B.
Quote from Jertje :That video is a perfect loop, just as impressive as the lap itself imo

Frame accurate cutting FTW! Glad you liked it.
#19 - aoun
im not really a hamilton fan.. i like him alot as a racer, so daym talented but im a massa fan all the way (was monty but he left, still like him..)anyways on topic, if hamilton holds his pole position, he will win his first race for sure.. if he dosent, me suspects a problems at mclarens hehes!
Lets hope Heidfeld will win
nah, one of the Ferraris
OH shit - Kubica in the wall! Please, please, PLEASE be okay!
Christ, worst F1 wreck I've seen in a long, long time. Don't like the way his head was flopping around.
omg... I hope Kubica is okay...
holy crap @ kubicas crash.

(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG