The online racing simulator
**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
He head-on into the wall at 170+ .... He was unconscious definately. Lets pray that he's okay.
The scary thing is that he caught air so he didn't scrub off much speed before he hit.
One of the worst impacts I've ever seen in F1. Probably the only bigger head-on impact in recent years was Burti at Spa in 2001 (~180mph into a tyre barrier). I've only seen Kubica's crash once, but I didn't see any protection on the barrier he hit, is that the case? His head didn't look very well restrained, not sure how well the HANS device performed in that one. Hope he makes it out ok without serious injury but it seems unlikely.

edit: Massa and whoever else jumped the red light on pit exit likely to be disqualified too, I imagine.
looked really bad, at max speed and this angle he hit the wall, hope he's ok
Hope he's ok, that was a big big shunt.

Because of the safety car, Davidson is in 5th, Alonso gets a 10 second stop and go penalty. But netherless, lets hope Kubicas ok, that was a major shunt.
Quote from amp88 :One of the worst impacts I've ever seen in F1. Probably the only bigger head-on impact in recent years was Burti at Spa in 2001 (~180mph into a tyre barrier). I've only seen Kubica's crash once, but I didn't see any protection on the barrier he hit, is that the case? His head didn't look very well restrained, not sure how well the HANS device performed in that one. Hope he makes it out ok without serious injury but it seems unlikely.

edit: Massa and whoever else jumped the red light on pit exit likely to be disqualified too, I imagine.

Looked like a plain concrete wall. I'd say he hit it at about a 40 degree angle.
Quote from amp88 :I didn't see any protection on the barrier he hit, is that the case?

The inside wall appears to be solid concrete I'm afraid ...
I hope Kubica is ok
That has to be one of the worst crashes I've seen in F1 for a while now.

I can only hope that the Hans did its job just as well as the drivers cockpit did.
It's quite surprising in this age of track safety that it wasn't protected in some way. As Brundle has just said on the ITV commentary you can't really plan for big accidents like that but what about car failures? Suspension/steering arm/punctures could all cause cars to veer out of control into that concrete wall. I've just seen the impact and I'm not sure whether you could see his feet or possibly the brake master cylinder exposed on the front of the monocoque. Let's hope it was the brake master cylinder but considering how much of the nose was missing I fear it was his foot.
#37 - mr_x
my dad saw it and just said "he's had it"

let's hope not, I really do hope he's OK.
He's stable, apparently.
On TV they said his feet looked out of the front, I didn't see it, but sounds not good I'm afraid EDIT: stable could meen anything, he's not in danger to die atm, but more it doesn't say
Kubica is stable, thank goodness!

Antony Davidson is 3rd in the Super Auguri!! WOooo! Spoke too soon, big pitstop botch up lol.
I really really hope he's ok...
One of the worst things, is that i said yesterday to a schoolmate that it was DEFINETLY impossible to get major injuries in a F1 Car...now i'm feeling a bit responsible for that.
Yep huge crash...He was moving his fingers though just when the car settled...so I think he's ok.

What a bunch of race spoiling yellow flags...It had started out so well!
Stable Thank God.

He got clipped off the road by (?) Ralf, and went to the divide when the safety workers stand. Thats why he had the close to head on with the concrete only wall.

Hopeing he has a full speedy recovery.
good that he is a live, but if this happen 10 years ago... it would be worse than Senna...
tbh, i never had accident like this in LFS... that looked scarrrry
Ronnie Peterson was declared stable just hours before he was dead. Stable also doesn't take into account injuries like broken limbs, but let's hope he got away with it with no injuries.

@Fabri91: It's still very possible to sustain serious injuries or death in F1 cars. Very high speed impacts/barrel rolls into gravel/flying debris/flying cars etc. With worse timing or luck Coulthard's flying car could have beheaded Wurz in Australia. F1 is a hell of a lot safer now than it ever has been but it's still a seriously potentially dangerous sport.
They have just said that he is stable in hospital

I didnt see the crash
#47 - mr_x
holy s**t...

he's aparently got no serious injuries. :jawdrop:
Really a bad accident, Kubica's luckily quite well for such a tremendous impact.
I am so glad Kubica is in stable condition. It was quite the horrible accident.
Here's Burti's crash from 2001 at Spa. Roughly 180mph into the tyre wall (which was six tyres deep). Not as bad as contact with a concrete wall but because the car stopped almost immediately all of the energy was dissipated in a very short period of time. Kubica's car rolling about and going across the track looks dramatic, but all the time it's losing energy and with no impacts it's not dangerous to the driver.

**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG