The online racing simulator
24h Nordschleife
(44 posts, started )
#26 - DeKo
and now something about GT5. just give me nordy goddamnit >_<

although the graphics do look spot on.

AND NOW DRIFTING IN AN OLD BMW ESTATE. COCK.
Its a mix of Radio Nürburgring and footage of the german TV broadcast.
AFAIK the onboard cam some houres ago was from an GT3

PS: "UF1" is still running , on the last place is a Daihatsu Sirion
-
(EasTon) DELETED by EasTon
watching this is good practice prepare for the Le Mans next weekend
-
In the night, it wouldn't make much sense to show nothing but black screen with the odd brake light here and there...

And it would be better without the ads (for GT HD, never saw stripper though?) or the horrid music... The interviews are nice...

@EasTon: Nothing animated, but I think it does the trick, no?
Attached images
EasTon.jpg
-
Quite foggy out there

As for the onboard footage - you'll see more during the daytime I bet. Too bad they don't seem to do it during night.

edit: Oh, red flagged because of the fog; let's see what happens next
-
NOW I did see them too!

Man, now I stay awake for so long and it gets red flagged...
-
I loved Olaf Manthey's comment just now:
"Now that the race is red-flagged, and the cars are collected at the start-finish-straight, parc ferme rules apply, meaning that nobody is allowed to work on the cars. And those guys in the blue vests are there to make sure nobody actually works on the cars." - some mechanic points at the monitor and says something Olaf - "But because they can't control it well, there are no parc ferme conditions "

What was basically told the last time: Some drivers got it in pits even before the race was red-flagged, because it was too dangerous to drive; there even were drivers outside who didn't know where they were (i.e. didn't know about the next corner) and stopped with hazard lights.

edit: 4:28AM - something happend ... Some kind of security car drove along the start-finish-straight
its raining? at this time?
Nope, just really really foggy.
Dang, I wanted to go to sleep 3 hours ago
-
OOO the stream is playing Limp Bizkit's cover of 'Behind Blue Eyes.' I love this tune... only worthwhile thing the band has ever done! haha

[EDIT] Anyone know what the prize purse is for this event? Is it sorta like LeMans where it's mostly about the pride in finishing with a small payout, or does it have a larger purse? I understand this event is not as "pro" as LeMans is, in relative terms, so it may have a small purse regardless, but I mean in comparison to the rest of the VLN races and so on.
#36 - JJ72
makes a good jukebox none the less.
wee, restarted results of both partial race will be added together to determine the overall results. the race will end at 16:51 CEST (14:51 GMT) even though it was stopped during night. not the best solution imho. they do a 19 hours of nordschleife this year
#38 - Nobo
Its funny that the lfs 24 hours tracker was much better then this one. Ok a bit buggy at the beginning

Thought the Nordschleife was for real men!? Stop the race for a little bit of rain or fog :X

I wouldnt be able to do a lap anyway
Quote from MAGGOT :[EDIT] Anyone know what the prize purse is for this event? Is it sorta like LeMans where it's mostly about the pride in finishing with a small payout, or does it have a larger purse? I understand this event is not as "pro" as LeMans is, in relative terms, so it may have a small purse regardless, but I mean in comparison to the rest of the VLN races and so on.

It's practically only about finishing, just the drivers with the blue lights have real ambitions for the overall win, also mainly for the prestige. Because of the vast amount of classes they have there, a lot of people have chances to win their classes, but as I said - 24h Nordschleife is mainly about finishing, you can see that if Team A decides to push Team B the last 10km, even if they're rivals, just so Team B does count as finisher
If you wondered about the blue flashing lights: The 20 fastest of the training get them, so the slower drivers can tell more easily if that's a really fast car that is about to lap them
blimey its wet, im looking at the GPS and loads of cars are on the normal race track
Quote from herki :It's practically only about finishing, just the drivers with the blue lights have real ambitions for the overall win, also mainly for the prestige. Because of the vast amount of classes they have there, a lot of people have chances to win their classes, but as I said - 24h Nordschleife is mainly about finishing, you can see that if Team A decides to push Team B the last 10km, even if they're rivals, just so Team B does count as finisher

It's more important from an constructor's point of view, as the Nordschleife has a reputation for being the ultimative test for a car... Some say the Nordschleife eats suspensions for breakfast...
1km on Ring = 7km on public road for suspension/chassis.
-
Back from ´green´hell
greetz noGrip

24h Nordschleife
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG