The online racing simulator
1. International LFS RW Endurance Challenge 2007
The 1st International LFS Real World Endurance Challenge 2007

We are currently setting up a big LFS community meeting on a campsite near Barcelona/Spain for the second week of August 2007 (6th - 14th of August) and everyone's invited !

This will be massive. Drive with your own car/motorbike and meet up with us (currently around 5 cars) anywhere between Bruxelles (Belgium) and Barcelona (Spain) to form a large group of LFS enthusiasts heading towards south. The lead car can be tracked in realtime online on a webpage.
OR:
Get a cheap (5€ - 50€) flight from an airport near you straight down to Barcelona or Girona, using www.ryanair.com or www.easyjet.com. We will be offering pickup-service from Airport Barcelona to the campsite / party location.

So, whats on the menu?

Apart from the huge fun we will have on the way down there and the tons of Sangria and San Miguel beer, there will be various activities - inluding a LAN party on the BEACH! So bring your Laptop! (sorry, no Desktops)
Many other activities will be offered on Site, like Wind Surfing, River Rafting, Karting, Sky Diving, Women, Tennis, Squash, Mini-Golf, Climbing - everything a tourist's heart desires
We also will be offering Internet Access on Site, most activities will be broadcasted LIVE on the web! And if everything works out, we also will be broadcasting LIVE as we drive down there. So those who stayed at home can see what they miss!

Whats the endurance challenge?

Thats quite simple, we will make sure that you wont get much sleep during the event, not to mention the spanish Sun, Sangria and Tequilla

This also will be an unique opportunity for you to meet up with many LFS "celebrities" from various countries, including UK, Germany, Norway, Italy and Holland.

We are at a pretty early stage of planning and need to hurry - August is not far away!
Currently 11 people already signed up, and the list is rapidly growing.
This will be a "bring your own stuff" party, so we wont charge anything. You will be responsible for booking flights, ferries or whatever you use to get there. It's also up to you to pay for the site/pitch but reservations can and should be made through us.

PM me for more details, prices, site/pitch reservations etc. if you are interested
Sounds interesting, would have been up for it, but I am at the Nurburgring that week
Yes Danowat, i saw your posting wich originally inspired me to get this going...
If I may suggest, combine both events! On your way back up north you could do a really little detour to the Nürburgring, theres a good chance that some of us might come along!
It's a great idea, but I leave UK on 16th August for the ring, can't really afford the extra holiday from work, that and the fact that stopping every 120miles for fuel on a trip to Barca would be a royal PITA.

Hope you all have a top time though, take plenty of pics .
i am in if the job situation allows it, maybe bringing a VW-Bus full of friends. Anyway, awsome idea, but where is the OVAL on that campsite???
#6 - Rawex
ahh i love it ! great, im half spanish as you know the camp site is just located beside me! i took a map search and searches.. its around 1 hour drive away from my town :P if i can convince my parrents to wait with the holiday im gonna come !..

"if".. pretty sad.. we are leave soon and staying down there for 4 weeks and then going home August 1st.. argh! why!

ow well.. im gonna check up if i can make it happend.
I'll try my very best to make it possible!!! This would be lots of fun!!!!!
Quote from Brainblaster666 :I'll try my very best to make it possible!!! This would be lots of fun!!!!!

same here =) sounds very interesting indeed
if someone goes with me in my car i will there if my work let me go for it!

+1
hmmm I hope can be there to.
-
(keni007) DELETED by keni007 : double post
well this looks like somthing i cant miss so im in
just so happens im off work that week

+ 1
Yes!! wikid or what lol Im In Guy's
Have to ask Mrs. Harry but I think I can take part of the freak show

Hey 2March bring on your R/C-Car and lets have a dirt ovaaaaaaal (a.k.a. the bad word) on the beach
Quote from Fischfix :Anyway, awesome idea, but where is the OVAL on that campsite???

Quote from Crazy Harry :Hey 2March bring on your R/C-Car and lets have a dirt ovaaaaaaal (a.k.a. the bad word) on the beach

Yep! There will be a miniature Oval on the beach, so bring your R/C car!
If we dont get enough R/C cars together, we will simply run in circles by feet - bumpdrafting will be even more interesting then, i guess.
Ahhhhhhh wish I could go
Quote from FM-Failure :...If we dont get enough R/C cars together, we will simply run in circles by feet - bumpdrafting will be even more interesting then, i guess....

So you bring the FM Private Dancing Chicks to spain? Cool!
WOW! count me in!
#18 - SamH
I'll be driving through Europe (mostly Eastern) and down to Switzerland starting July 25th and returning to the UK via (mostly Western) Europe/Rotterdam on 8th Aug, so I'm going to see if I can coincide with you guys who are headed downwards as I'm heading upwards! It would be great to meet everyone if I can juggle to make it work out
Quote from FM-Failure :Yep! There will be a miniature Oval on the beach, so bring your R/C car!
If we dont get enough R/C cars together, we will simply run in circles by feet - bumpdrafting will be even more interesting then, i guess.

omfg hahaha failure, im differently not gonna be the leading guy

P.S. by the whats a R/S car?
Attached images
608.jpg
Man i wish it could be in the uk or i would of gone but i got no car yet i ask the dev to get a real car like a fxo type car see if he can make it to real JOKE.
Ahh it isnt about racing, great idea
Hope you take pictures.

Being on holidy myself in august, i´ll just add: netter Revo, Harry
The revo was just an example to show Rawex a r/c car. I´m using a hard track 1/10 scale Kyosho RRR but I will set it to high suspension and gravel tires for the beach oval.

Timberwolf: There are some guys from england who like to join the meeting. For details PM Failure or Keni (hes an englishman)
Quote from FM-Failure :The 1st International LFS Real World Endurance Challenge 2007

We are currently setting up a big LFS community meeting on a campsite near Barcelona/Spain for the second week of August 2007 (6th - 14th of August) and everyone's invited !

This will be massive. Drive with your own car/motorbike and meet up with us (currently around 5 cars) anywhere between Bruxelles (Belgium) and Barcelona (Spain) to form a large group of LFS enthusiasts heading towards south. The lead car can be tracked in realtime online on a webpage.
OR:
Get a cheap (5€ - 50€) flight from an airport near you straight down to Barcelona or Girona, using www.ryanair.com or www.easyjet.com. We will be offering pickup-service from Airport Barcelona to the campsite / party location.

So, whats on the menu?

Apart from the huge fun we will have on the way down there and the tons of Sangria and San Miguel beer, there will be various activities - inluding a LAN party on the BEACH! So bring your Laptop! (sorry, no Desktops)
Many other activities will be offered on Site, like Wind Surfing, River Rafting, Karting, Sky Diving, Women, Tennis, Squash, Mini-Golf, Climbing - everything a tourist's heart desires
We also will be offering Internet Access on Site, most activities will be broadcasted LIVE on the web! And if everything works out, we also will be broadcasting LIVE as we drive down there. So those who stayed at home can see what they miss!

Whats the endurance challenge?

Thats quite simple, we will make sure that you wont get much sleep during the event, not to mention the spanish Sun, Sangria and Tequilla

This also will be an unique opportunity for you to meet up with many LFS "celebrities" from various countries, including UK, Germany, Norway, Italy and Holland.

We are at a pretty early stage of planning and need to hurry - August is not far away!
Currently 11 people already signed up, and the list is rapidly growing.
This will be a "bring your own stuff" party, so we wont charge anything. You will be responsible for booking flights, ferries or whatever you use to get there. It's also up to you to pay for the site/pitch but reservations can and should be made through us.

PM me for more details, prices, site/pitch reservations etc. if you are interested

Sounds very intesteing, im in south east england (just below london) i would gladly come via a plane. The problem I would have is the travel in a car, as I do not drive, anyone offer any help airport transfere...??

thanks
#25 - Osco
I might be able to make it, that is, if the miata is up for it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG