(14 posts, started )

Poll : Do you play the Trackmania Series

No
Trackmania Nations
Trackmania Original
Trackmania Sunrise
Trackmania United
Trackmania United
Love Trackmania.... First copy I got was Sunrise for £5 with free delivery. Couldn't get hold of the original one..

Will get Trackmania United at sum point... games are great fun..
ive got trackmania original and play (atm not really often) trackmania nations.
ranked anywhere in the 9000's.
That looks sweet

played all the demos and Nations. too stingy to actually buy a copy though :P
I bought the game 3 weeks ago or so and I love it.

It's awesome and creative, but the community isn't as good as LFS

Oh well, it's still fun. . .

And I used to play Nations.
I don't have any but Nations is free. I am downloading it now to have some high flying fun =)
Here's hoping the lose the stupid Starforce protection. I would buy Nations and Sunrise, but I'm not putting that crap on my hard drive.
Yeah... I really still don't understand after all the trouble Starforce has caused game companies still go for it as mean of protecting their software.

I hope Trackmania United will be Starforce free.!

mad
And why would you put a protection software like starfoce on a free-to-play game like Trackmania Nations? :S

And is this copy-protection or something? Because I copied it on CD to my brother's computer..(No internet access)
I have played and worshipped TrackMania since 2003. It is the king of arcade racing games.

I've had TM United installed since November 2006 (web purchase/download).

- - -

Quote from Valve regarding some concerns about the mention of StarForce on the TrackMania United Steam game page.

http://forums.steampowered.com ... =6373538&postcount=46

Quote :The Steam version of TrackMania United is protected by Steam and not Starforce. Starforce is used by Focus for protection of TrackMania United's game specific data. The Steam version of Track Mania United does not include the copy protection drivers from Starforce. Therefore, any issues that might be associated with the copy protection drivers in Starforce do not apply in this case.

I used to play nations.
Just bought Trackmania Original for a bargain:$9.45
at Kmart! Now I've got all of the trackmania environments except dirt for stadium
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :And why would you put a protection software like starfoce on a free-to-play game like Trackmania Nations? :S

And is this copy-protection or something? Because I copied it on CD to my brother's computer..(No internet access)

Yes, it's copy protection, one that's very notorious for being extremely difficult to remove (does not automatically uninstall when you remove the game, and most conventional attempts to remove it either don't work or result in a computer so badly mangled the operating system has to be reinstalled). The company does provide their own uninstall program, but you have to go looking for it.

In addition, it is widely believed to cause various instability problems and degradations to computer speed, as well as catastrophic failure of certain DVD and CD drives. We're talking permanent hardware damage, you have to buy a new drive.

As for why they put it on Nations, that's a question many people asked. But they did. It doesn't really do anything for nations, as you said it's a free game, but installing Nations installs Starforce.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that the Steam version ditches this piece of suspect software.
So it is copy protection that doesn't work and screws up your computer?!

*Searches for uninstaller*

Trackmania United
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG