The online racing simulator
My MOMO wheel sucks...
(25 posts, started )
My MOMO wheel sucks...
Hi everyone I have a MOMO Racing Wheel and its great for other Racing games cough*richard burns rally*cough V8 supercars 3 demo*cough , but its is way way crap on LFS S2 like the car steering wheel dosnt stay with my wheel. Is there a way to fix this so the car wheel and turning cycle is the same has my MOMO Racing wheel.

Thanks.
Try setting Wheel Turn Compensation higher.
i have wheel turn compensation at 1 and wheel turn at 270 and it feels great. its the main reason i bought lfs - it felt better than any other sim i had tried (i've given up with rFactor, but RBR feels good right enough).
Turn the wheel graphics in LFS off. You already have a wheel in front of you, why do you need to see another one? The Momo is a 270 degree wheel, the steering in the LFS cars are all different from 270 degrees in the is it MRT or FOX? to 720 degrees in the road cars. A DFP is the wheel that simulates the degrees of rotation of the cars. To me, it is confusing to see the wheel on the screen turning differently to what my Momo does, so it is turned off. Get rid of the visual reference of the steering wheel and you will find the Momo a fantastic wheel to drive with.
The MRT is 180 IIRC, at least it was in S1. And i don't mind having two wheels in my picture :>
I just tryed the settings and its still sucks (I know I'm picky). I think there maybe a problem somewhere cause when I put the wheel turn to 270 and the wheel Turn Compensation to 1 (already did have) it didnt match the MOMO wheel at all. Like the ingame car wheel was turned right fully but I still had about 5inches left on my steering wheel.

Why can't the game support it like RBR game and other Racing sims.
sounds like a calibration problem to me
lol does it really matter THAT much that the wheel ingame moves just as much as the wheel in front of you? lol i mean common.. what difference does it make lol?

blah..
set wheel compensation to 0, not 1

and it shouldnt be calibration, if it was, then the steering ingame wouldnt move in the first place
#9 - Gunn
For any car that has a different steering range than the Momo's full range you will never match the rotation to the image on your screen. But don't panic, this is just LFS telling it like it is. I see it as an aid rather than a flaw.
Quote from XCNuse :and it shouldnt be calibration, if it was, then the steering ingame wouldnt move in the first place

this line sounds a lot like a bad calibration:

Quote from ult1mate X64 :Like the ingame car wheel was turned right fully but I still had about 5inches left on my steering wheel.

Quote from XCNuse :lol does it really matter THAT much that the wheel ingame moves just as much as the wheel in front of you? lol i mean common.. what difference does it make lol?

blah..
set wheel compensation to 0, not 1

and it shouldnt be calibration, if it was, then the steering ingame wouldnt move in the first place

Well the steering wheel works great in other racing games has I mention before like V8supercars 3 demo is just a demo and it works perfect on that game plus other NFS MW etc etc but this is the only game that dosn't work with my steering wheel, and yes it does matter that the game steering wheel is the same has mine for 1: I am used to it and 2:thats the way I like it that way.

Quote from Dan Hot :i have wheel turn compensation at 1 and wheel turn at 270 and it feels great. its the main reason i bought lfs - it felt better than any other sim i had tried (i've given up with rFactor, but RBR feels good right enough).

So when you have your ingame car wheel turn left or right fully you dont have 5inches left on your MOMO Racing wheel.

Also the pedals are perfect it's just the Steering.
recalibrate the wheel in windows and in lfs ... if this resolves the problem but it reappears after rebooting try turning your momo from lock to lock after every reboot
Quote from Shotglass : try turning your momo from lock to lock after every reboot

When I enter a server and pick a car, I have to move the wheel ( Momo ) to each extreme, or else it's not calibrated. Once it's done, it's ok for the rest of the session. I know this is not the case in this thread, but I just came to think of it reading quoted. It CAN be a pest when I accidently enters just as a race starts and I is placed on the Grid before having a chance to move wheels to opposite locks. Result is I cannot drive this run.
im pretty sure its a logitech problem and not a lfs problem so you can turn your wheel lock to lock anytime after rebooting to calibrate it and you dont have to wait until youre ingame
Quote from mrodgers :Turn the wheel graphics in LFS off. You already have a wheel in front of you, why do you need to see another one?

I looked for this option with no sucess - the extra whaeel has always irritated me. Where is it?

Shotglass: Is that Kurt Russell?
Quote from ult1mate X64 :

So when you have your ingame car wheel turn left or right fully you dont have 5inches left on your MOMO Racing wheel.

Also the pedals are perfect it's just the Steering.

sorry mate but i don't have the ingame wheel turned on. its too distracting for me .

@Seahorse - you have to be on the track (i think?) then go to Options > View
and there you can turn on/off the driver/wheel
Thanks - its definitelly not in the normal options from main menu. Will try it out this afternoon...:heyjoe67_
Still sucks.
i would have to agree with whoever said that its a calibration problem. i too have the momo racing wheel / pedal set (wish i had a clutch and a gate shifter... but i dont wanna spend 90 bucks). the screen wheel follows my wheel perfectly, and i have turn compensation at 1 and wheel turn set to 270. make sure that when your in the options screen checking all this stuff, that you turn your wheel lock to lock and make sure that it is calibrated via the wheel position indicator thing down at the bottom of the screen. i've had problems with that before.
Just thought of this, there are many informational sites on the net about the Momo. I have seen the Momo described as a 240 degree wheel. It is NOT 240 degrees, it IS 270 degrees. As others have said here, make sure LFS options are set for 270 degrees. Perhaps having it set at 240 would cause the in-car wheel not to turn as much when you are going lock to lock. Or would it be the opposite, where there would basically be a deadzone at either end of the Momo lock?
Quote from ult1mate X64 :Still sucks.

thanks for such useful information...
no wonder we cant help you, all your doing is whining

if it matters that much, then just turn the ingame wheel off so you cant see where it is ingame, because it has absolutely no effect to the game at all where it is vs where you are

if its a calibration problem.. thats different, but either way no one here knows whats wrong with your wheel since your just saying 'it sucks'
Quote from mrodgers :Perhaps having it set at 240 would cause the in-car wheel not to turn as much when you are going lock to lock. Or would it be the opposite, where there would basically be a deadzone at either end of the Momo lock?

neither of the two ... you just get a stronger exponential if the settings dont match
the only way to get a deadzone is if you set the rotation in lfs higher than the one on the car youre currently driving
Well I have got the settings at 240 turn, 1 for the other thing,and wheel turn off and I have it about 95% the way I like it, but now I have other problems like the Force Feedback has a hicup in it (goes off then back on) and just getting uset to it .

With getting uset to it I mean like I am good at racing with this setting its just that when I make a mistake or try to drift with it I am totaly crap at it thats were the other 5% comes to complete 100% the way I like it, well anyway I would like to thank all the ppl that help me out and I am sorry if I got you's angry in anyway.

Thanks again .

Note: I am going to be buyiing the S2 License soon , one track and three cars are getting abit boring .
just wondering, how long have you been using the Momo Racing?

I once had a Wingman, and it has similar problems, it has nothing to do with the calibration or anything related to it, but its something like how the logitech pedal "spiking" problems, the pot inside the wheel is the main source of the problem, I opened the steering case of my Wingman and kinda fixed the pot and the problem is gone temporarily.

So far I haven't got this problem on my Momo Racing, but the pedals = yes.
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :When I enter a server and pick a car, I have to move the wheel ( Momo ) to each extreme, or else it's not calibrated. Once it's done, it's ok for the rest of the session. I know this is not the case in this thread, but I just came to think of it reading quoted. It CAN be a pest when I accidently enters just as a race starts and I is placed on the Grid before having a chance to move wheels to opposite locks. Result is I cannot drive this run.

Same here. With red, older momo. Also a hard crash (hard ff) or real, real fast turning can mess the calibration. Nothing too serious I would bother to buy a new wheel, but I would appreciate any tips to fix it

My MOMO wheel sucks...
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG