The online racing simulator
All the Iraqi's fault .............
(15 posts, closed, started )
This article helps to disclose an unfortunate trend in American retoric that is becoming rather prominent recently. Still, it gives you American's a good excuse to withdraw to your 5 bases in Iraq that just happen to be on major oil fields. Just a coincidence, right ?............

After all, if those damn Iraqi's didn't resist your illegal invasion and occupation of THEIR country then you could all be sitting around eating apple pie, drinking coke & watching MTV .........

And I actually felt that Barbara Boxer was one of the least corrupt senators, still, everything is relative.....

The last paragraph is particualy apt. - Democrats and Republicans should have read what well-known military analyst Anthony Cordesman explained as early as last November to Time magazine as he felt this tendency rising: "When someone lets an elephant loose in a china shop, you don't blame the china shop for the broken dishes."

From Now on, According to Americans, Everything "Is the Iraqis' Fault"
By Guillemette Faure
Rue 89
Wednesday 06 June 2007
"The Iraqis did not seize the opportunity they were presented." That's what Hillary Clinton said Sunday night during the Democratic debate. She explained that the American troops had fulfilled their mission. "They've overthrown Saddam and given them elections." And look what the Iraqis did with that ...
This is not the first time that Hillary has made the Iraqis responsible for the debacle in Iraq. Last summer at a conference at the Council of Foreign Relations, she accused the Iraqi government of "holding American credibility hostage." According to her, it was time to explain that, "American forces would not always be there to accommodate their refusal."

Has Hillary got chutzpah? She's not alone. To be able to justify a withdrawal without having to acknowledge an American defeat, Democrats and Republicans are now in agreement to blame the Iraqis. This way, the Republicans emphasize that it's not their policy that's in question; the Democrats avoid bearing the bad news of an American defeat and looking like a party of losers by demanding a departure from Iraq. And for Democrats who - like Senator Clinton - voted in favor of the war, the maneuver allows them not to have to reconsider their vote.

The tendency can be observed across the complete political spectrum from President Bush, who first mentioned that "[his] patience has limits" to Barbara Boxer, the very progressive senator from California who declared in November: "We've given the Iraqis freedom and what do they do with it? They kill each other ..." This type of discourse describes the Iraqis as adapting rather well to the present situation, as when Donald Rumsfeld wrote in a memo to the president before his resignation that a slight American military disengagement would push the Iraqis "to pull their socks up."

In the Senate, when Congress tried to obtain a schedule of withdrawal from Iraq, Democrat Carl Levin explained that it was, "time for Congress to explain to Iraqis that it's their country." A schedule of departure from Iraq would send "a good dose of reality to Iraqi leaders." So on what cloud are they living then, these Iraqis ...

Listen to the discourse of all the 2008 Democratic presidential candidates and you'll hear the same thing: we did what we could in Iraq, but the Iraqis are not good enough. "Enough coddling! Enough vacillating!" even expostulated Barack Obama last year.

It was even, indirectly, the exit strategy proposed by the nonetheless celebrated Baker-Hamilton Iraq Study Group: to condition American aid on goals the Iraqi government is supposed to reach, which, assuming that the goals would be unattainable, would then allow the Americans to leave with their heads held high. A strategy Zbigniew Bzrezinski has summarized as "blame and leave."

Democrats and Republicans should have read what well-known military analyst Anthony Cordesman explained as early as last November to Time magazine as he felt this tendency rising: "When someone lets an elephant loose in a china shop, you don't blame the china shop for the broken dishes."
The Iraqis are quite possibly the most ungrateful people in the world.

There are over 10 million Zimbabweans who would kill for the opportunity that the Iraqis have been given (...and squandered).
Do you get some kind of fascination of always posting news and debates against America? You obviously have some kind of hatred or disposition over some countries, why do it here?

I could post how much I dislike Bush and a lot of other "values" to my own country elsewhere, but do you have to keep repeating all this? There are many people from all over the world here, and I don't think there is any disrespect coming in your direction. Why should you keep posting hype media to make a mockery? All nonsensical posts anyways....

God loves you so he told me to kill you
America now invading Africa.....

And this thread.

Anything to prevent people from feeling uncomfortable or up in arms, that is all I am saying. Politics is just naff on this forum.
Sorry Tweaker but I completely and utterly disagree with you.
( But agree with your right to say it )

What I am posting is not anti American, nor is it just taking cheap swings at America.

Nor is it miss posted here, in fact this is a perfect forum for exchanging world views.
With this game we race people from all over the world with only one thing in common, a love of LFS. Beyond that we have nothing in common, we work in all areas, many people are still in school and nobody is here because they are payed to push an agenda ( Apart from the Devs ! )

This is in fact a forum for the common people ( some very common !), the people who are never heard in the UN or Governments. "The little people" to quote Lou Reed and within this group we have the freedom to state our views without censorship or control.

I don't expect people to accept my point of view, in fact I encourage people to research for themselves and come to their own conclusions, all I want to achieve is a spark of thought.

With regard to the subjects of my posts, If they are seen as anti american then I would ask the question - Why ?

Do they question American government policy and actions that have a dramatic impact on innocent third parties. ?

Do they get people from around the world openly discussing world issues. ?

Do I make a stand for people who don't have a voice. ?

Do I ( hopefully ) occasionally make people actually think. ?

Please remember that the rest of the world doesn't have a say on American policy, you Americans do.

The rest of the world doesn't have a say on depleted uranium contamination, you Americans do.

The rest of the world doesn't have a say on being Shocked & Awed, you Americans do.

It is easy to sit by and say nothing because it's all too big to deal with, it's not my problem, I voted, If you ain't American you don't count .......

The following is worth thinking about.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
Typical trash culture, when in doubt, blame anyone BUT oneself. As usual,
VANITY + EGO >>>>> LOGIC

I wonder how you would feel if another country sanctions the life out of you and the common people of your country whilst running an oil for whatever programs just to finance your local dictator's palaces. It then has the audacity to accuse you and your people of terrorism when even your dictator himself has never been proved to have any serious plans or attempts to attack the invader's country whilst raining storms of metal (sometimes radioactive) and explosives to your home. Next thing you know they start plundering whatever resources they could get their hands on whilst kicking you and your family out of your homes whilst popping bullets/arresting/torturing/raping/etc you and/or your loved ones.

And you know what? They refuse to pull out no matter the massive human and resource (financial, material, etc) costs to both sides. And still insists that your country is linked to and funds terrorism whilst possessing WMDs even after that dictator has long died a ridiculously brutal and humiliating death (when was the last time someone actually snapped their neck so badly from a hanging?) AND complete failure to produce any proof.
Quote from Racer X NZ :What I am posting is not anti American, nor is it just taking cheap swings at America.

Of course it isn't anti-american. You are just blaming the wrong people. It is really the fault of the Zionist movement. They keep bombing neighboring countries, and bulldozing the homes of innocent people. The Zionists are our real enemy. And, Israel has WMDs!
It's ze jews like always!
Maybe we're responsible for global warming too, because we like the heat

Anyhow Racer X, why don't you go to a political forum or something, and annoy people there instead of here? Because apparently you like to do these threads once a month here.

If your girlfriend has her period, dont take it out on us
Quote from mikey_G :It's ze jews like always!

Naturally. Controlling the rest of the world with their devious oranges.
Quote from mikey_G :It's ze jews like always!
Maybe we're responsible for global warming too, because we like the heat

It's true, we emit more CO2 then any other religion.
i think four vital words are needed here for mr racer x they are as follows

shut

the

up!

have a nice day
Well that was a very useful post, plenty of brains behind that one! What exact was the point of posting that?

Anyway, I agree with Tweaker, as strongly as Racer X feels about certain issues (Iraq was in this case) I feel that posts like these should be posted and discussed on some political forum where it would engage in a healthy discussion. I think by now everyone knows the story with America, their leader, the way the war is going etc I am also sure Americans are pretty sick of all this bashing too, they seem to suffer everywhere you go these days..... Post like these will just cause arguments which will lead off topic, become personal attacks, and generally make for an unhealthy atmosphere..

however... Racer has the freedom of speech to post this as does anyone else... including X tempor
Quote :Still, it gives you American's a good excuse to withdraw to your 5 bases in Iraq

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're a funny guy
Anyone here ever read the Bible?

If so do you remember in it where it said that when there is peace in the world then it will come to an end?

Someone has to continue fighting, its man's natural ego to be better than someone else so really... this doesn't matter.

And because this thread has to do with the war, thus 100% personal opinions I'm going to close it now before it turns into a war (unsurprising eh?)

Just like the other billion "oh hey let's pick on America!" threads.
Sadly these types of debate start out as an interesting collection of points, then get irrational and emotive, attracting stupidity and xenophobia until they are closed down.
Can we try to have an intelligent discussion about these important issues without resorting to personal insult trading?
Otherwise the thread will just end up getting binned or cleaned.

[Edit: lol, I see XCN has already closed it!]
This thread is closed

(15 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG