The online racing simulator
Request for sticky thread - development priorities
I would like to see a sticky thread in this section, viewable by all but updateable only by the devs and mods, listing the current priorities for S2/S3 feature development. It would make it much easier to see what's in the pipeline and would also make searching easier and hopefully reduce the number of "how about including [whatever] cool feature" threads.

It needn't be a time-consuming task for the devs or mods, just needing to be updated every now and then when there's a noteworthy change to the development schedule. I'd suggest listing the the priorities as "Definitely in", "Probably in", "Would like to be in if possible". Maybe a "Definitely out, this time round" section too, but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

For example...

High priority (definitely in):

Weather and track surface physics (rain, oil etc)
Server option for "no Shift+S back to pits".

Medium priority (probably in):

Engine temperature effects
Rewind facility on replay viewer

Low priority (possibly in):

Pit strategy saving/loading
Sparks from bottoming out

Zero priority (maybe one day, eventually, down the line):
Pit crew during pit stops
Motorcycles
engine temps is S2 man lol
why S3 priorities? Why not just priorities, full stop. ?
Quote from snewham :why S3 priorities? Why not just priorities, full stop. ?

I agree
S3? We havent even got the finished S2 yet :S
And some of those features can (and will) be in future S2 patches...
What about skid marks?
Do read the post before replying. I'm not asking for a list of features to include; I'm suggesting the actual LFS dev list be displayed with a vague idea of priority as a sticky.
I would really like to see this too. It would be nice to know which features are at least being considered for future patches. If they're planning new cars or tracks that would be great to know too.

Edit: Maybe the devs could make a short list of the things they're considering putting into the game and we could vote on what's most important to us? That way the devs could see what the community wants the most as far as features are concerned. Either a poll on here or some sort of ranked voting on a separate site.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG