The online racing simulator
London 2012 Logo
(93 posts, started )
London 2012 Logo
Have anybody seen the new logo for London 2012 Olympics? I dont know about you guys, but I think it could be ALOT better hehe. But here are some spoofs!

Original:

Vomitting man:

My favourite.....no explanation needed.

#2 - Bean0
I prefer this one, submitted to the BBC News website...

Even got on TV - 'Tube

Genius by whoever created it
Quote from Bean0 :I prefer this one, submitted to the BBC News website...

Goatse logos ftw?!
Goatse made me laugh, still makes me feel slightly sick...

I read in the paper yesterday that the new one is maybe being axed as it flashes and has given 12 people epilepsy attacks.

William Hill is offering odds of 10/1 that it will be abandoned by the end of the year.
The logo is crap...an embarrassment tbh, and the fact that it cost over £400,000 to design is scandalous.
It is so disliked in this country that i guarantee it gets scrapped completely before long.
#6 - ajp71
How on earth did the spend £400000 designing that logo? I'm hardly skilled in logo making but could have done that in half an hour for a fiver
Yeah the logo is a disgrace, I think the Olympic committee got ripped off by the one who made it. £400k for that! rofl! I do a little bit of graphics design and logo making and even i could have come up with that for half the price

I tried signing the petition to scrap it today but petition is closed

Also the thing with the epilepsy, omg totaly idiotic, cant believe they didn't safe guard it. Bunch of twats, first they severely under estimate the cost of the games, now they have come up with a logo that will make you vomit every time you look at it and finally their promo vid makes people have epileptic fits..... just waiting what next disaster is around the corner.
Goatse FTW!!

Lets have that as the logo, purly for comedic values. Then again, even the real Goatse is proable worth more than what they paid for the current load of shit.

TBH, the logo with the ribbon in the shape of the Thames was the best. BRING IT BACK.

(I also put this on that vid)
Tomorrow news scoop: Olympic officials used child labour

Logo definitely looks like designed by 10 year old.
Design by committee, the £400,000 was spent on all the weed they smoked during the year that had to come up with it. Seriously I shit better logos than that, give me £400,000 and a year, I will do a better logo in 5 minutes then go and buy myself a supercar to **** around with.
Quote from deggis :Tomorrow news scoop: Olympic officials used child labour

Logo definitely looks like designed by 10 year old.

LOL, this logo reminds me of something a kid did indeed. Is really crap to be honest, and the numbers are not really even legible or anything...

Reminds me of when here in the states there is an annual Easter Egg design to be made for each state. Each state is to submit a design to be displayed in the white house, and the biggest controversy was with this one egg for the state of Wyoming.

Here is a comparison of quality versus crap:

The story behind this egg was that the Wyoming Governor allowed his son (who is in college) to design the egg and submit it, and it was no joke. Compared to all the other state eggs you can see on this page, this is quite crap.

Gave me a good laugh to be honest. But on a higher level like with these 2012 Olympics, it is a horrid sight seeing that logo of polygons. Hell... this took me only a few minutes...

LFS in 2012???? :ices_rofl
Attached images
lfs_2012.jpg
i am so happy i was never tricked into seeing goatse. i dunno how i've been so lucky after being on the internet for 10 years or so. i dunno how long goatse's been around.
AYFKM?
This, from the country that brought us Morph and the Aston Martin Vanquish? Bah!
the animated one had to be taken off because it could give people seizures...

thats just funny
They are obviously considering doing something about it, I've just had a questionnaire to do about it and whether it should be kept and asking whether I think it represents britain in a good or bad way.

It did ask some strange questions. Maybe if you join you can have your say: http://www.jointheq.com/ THIS ISN'T ADVERTISING!

James
:ices_rofl Tweaker! LFS 2012 haha! Great stuff mate!
I still think we should keep it, its an accurate representation of what our country is like today, vomit enducing and mind numbingly shit.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I still think we should keep it, its an accurate representation of what our country is like today, vomit enducing and mind numbingly shit.

Uhhh... ain't that what all countries are?
Yeah, i think the logo looks bad also. They shoulda got the guy that did wyoming's egg to make one.

400,000 to design that? Gheesh! at best it looks like a lame style trend that shopping malls here in the US tried in the early to mid nineties - only not in teal.
Reminds me of "Saved by the bell" for some reason.
#21 - DeKo
The thing i found most hilarious about the whole thing was BBC breakfast doing a report on the video. doing the usual "epileptic fits, taken down, blah blah" then proceed to show the video with no warning that they were going to do it.

"ohh, epileptic fits? ill have to avoid that video, glad its been taken down. ill just make sure i dont catch it.... *ARRGGHHH*"
#22 - Jakg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I still think we should keep it, its an accurate representation of what our country is like today, vomit enducing and mind numbingly shit.

You're such a patriot!
Quote from ajp71 :How on earth did the spend £400000 designing that logo? I'm hardly skilled in logo making but could have done that in half an hour for a fiver

Because design firms cost a lot for anything, the Sainsburys logo (Just the word in green) and slogan (Good food costs less at Sainsburys) cost them £1,000,000.
#25 - SamH
Quote from deggis :You're such a patriot!

Sadly it's an image that will be familiar to all brits. We have a binge-drinking culture in the UK now, which really is established. It's basically 10,000 mini-riots, all over the country, every Friday/Saturday night. Cumulative damage to businesses (shop windows etc), deaths and frequent serious injuries.. it's all pretty bad.

London 2012 Logo
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG