The online racing simulator
DEMO Patch X testing (W47)
(37 posts, closed, started )
Hello, I just wanted to point out Franky's post :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=446913#post446913

He has started up some demo hosts for testing. That's good because the demo hosts need testing, as there used to be problems banning demo users - the new voting system will help a lot, because you can still ban the user after they have left.

If you don't mind being banned, please join the host and ask them to ban you - and leave half way through the ban - see if you really do get banned!

W47 test patch is available in the test patch section.
Come ban me!
i think we iDi-ed it
The group iDi is still existing?

I know them from my demo times ;-)
good job scawen ill download and test a.s.a.p
Seems like the test sever has crashed, we tried to ban people but it never work, The srver crashed i think.
Just trying to help as i have nothing better to do today. I/E demo server
I just tried to ban someone.
when the vote was completed, I was banned :X

It said that I didn't got the circuitinfo.

EDIT: I don't see it on the server list now... =/
The best and the most funnies bug ever...in a way.
i love it xD
Yeah same here..someone just tried to ban me, other person completed vote and person who started vote got banned. haha

I'll stay online @ demoserver for a while
Sam got banned =P
Yes, It seems the person who initiates the ban/kick is the one who gets banned/kicked. The server 'host' stated that he will report the issue.
#13 - SamH
Umm.. minor problem.. I initiated a ban (per request) against a driver.. the ban completed and I got disconnected! Trying to reconnect, I'm getting a "different gamecode" error.
edit: forget the error code.. I forgot it's demo, and tried to reconnect to the last server, which is S2... checking again..
edit2: trying to connect to the same server, I'm now getting "did not receive track info".
Attached images
LFS-Demo_ban_bug.jpg
ok just did some testing, look at the pictures and i dont need to explain anything
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
#15 - SamH
LOL!

I shouldn't laugh! It's a bug, and it needs fixing, and it's frustrating so close to Patch X.. but I suspect it's not a difficult one to fix, and it's bloody funny!! It's picking up the banner rather than the bannee! LOL!
Lol o_O
Well, someone may enjoy that too :P
test 1: i got ban voted while being in spec - vote passed NOBODY got banned or kicked.

test 2: i voted to ban another racer while being in the race - i got banned.
trying to reconnect - did not recieve track info.
hmmm, I wonder what happened if this bug was in Patch X... =/
#19 - joen
Quote from BlakjeKaas :hmmm, I wonder what happened if this bug was in Patch X... =/

200 threads saying "ZOMG I w4zz bANNed, bUt I dIdN't Do n0thN! dO sUmThin b0uT iT!!!!!1111oneoneoneeleven!"

Funniest LFS bug ever though
LOL this bug does keep making me laugh

I suspect it's really easy to fix though and I'll do that this evening. Thanks for the report.
Quote from Scawen :LOL this bug does keep making me laugh

I suspect it's really easy to fix though and I'll do that this evening. Thanks for the report.

I suspect you put it in there on purpose
Yeah, Scawen had a boring day at the office.
This proves he is human after all.
The only thing you would get is IDI servers which are pro-racing servers, and pro-racing servers which are crasher servers... =D
Quote from Blackout :Yeah, Scawen had a boring day at the office.
This proves he is human after all.

W00t?!
You got to bekidding right? :jawdrop:
Anyway, I just love to see that the developers can just take things easy, more "human" like as you called it. Don`t ever you could see on a EA forum that one of the developers would write "lol" over a bug or something. They would just deny everything.
"Wtf, bug where? I don`t see any"...
Anyway, bug or not givee me X-patch now
I don´t think you want it already...

Atleast not on Demoservers... =P

I like the bug, though (too bad noone is online on a w47 server)
This thread is closed

(37 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG