The online racing simulator
#51 - Jakg
Quote from FlintFredstone : I find it quite consistant, id also like to rub jakg nose in it,

i know it can be done - but it's hard.

On Sunday i did a league race with the new TBO's, and the FXO could barely keep up with the XRT, and the same XRT could barely keep up with the RB4's - i know its temporary to remove FXO dominance, but the XRT and RB4 need to be closer, and the FXO needs to be closer and yet still slightly slower
Quote from Jakg :i know it can be done - but it's hard.

On Sunday i did a league race with the new TBO's, and the FXO could barely keep up with the XRT, and the same XRT could barely keep up with the RB4's - i know its temporary to remove FXO dominance, but the XRT and RB4 need to be closer, and the FXO needs to be closer and yet still slightly slower

Your right about the xrt, i think round bl gp in the hands of top drivers (which im not) the xrt could do 23.6's and fxo 23.9's in race trim, however i dont think i found a rb4 that i couldnt beat last night (i may be wrong)

Simon
I think the fact that this argument is still going (or got brought up in the first place) is a very good sign of how well balanced the classes are now.
We now see each one of the cars win sometimes, depending on the driver and track.

The RB4 might have a slight advantage now because it has no handicap, but I think the balancing is almost done. I think we all have to appreciate that.
Quote from Jakg :i know it can be done - but it's hard.

barely is a harsh word to describe the rb4-xrt relationship in that race, but due to the nature of the track (kerbs, many turns, short straights) the rb4 had a couple of tenths advantage over the xrt.

the big advantage of the rb4 in these short races is that it beats everything from a standing start.
Quote from Jakg :Grrrrrrrr

HE said the XRT was easy, but he ALSO said you also "pray to god you don't crash"

For the record, that's what YOU said, not me. I quoted your post and left it in ordinary letters while entered a few things of my own using BOLD LETTERS.

All cleared up? Great.
basically....RB4 was made for the ret*rds who cant drive FWD. and the FWD was made for the loosers who really cant control the RWD. and the XRT was made for the mighty drifters and people who own ALL!
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
i think im prob one of the most addicted FXO drivers out here, makes me happy indeed that the class now is much more balanced , Cant remember any poiint since S1 , where im fighting XRT & RB4 in corners as much as i am now.

FXO needs to loose a tiny amount of weight and the balancing will be perfect imo (around 5-10kg) it suffers so badly on the straights now
doesnt bother me though i relish a challenge and it was rare thing in patch W to really be fighting with XRT/RB4 for position.

I just hope scawen doesnt shrink the FXO tyres then it will be just impossible to keep up. At the moment im having the closest racing ever. This is fairest and most fun the TBO class has been, since S1. (since handicap)
^ Anyone who disagrees really should drive TBO more. Hell some good XRT drivers prolly even stopped racing TBO because of the way FXO was.
Not to mention how the balancing has brought back the RB4

Oh yeah Fastest car in my head is FXO , but in reality now its pretty much a threeway tie, very much track and conditions and lap dependant.
Quote from theirishnoob :fxo = slow start thanks to fwd but its got a bit of top speed and will outdo most cars on turning

rb4= too much tourqe not enough accl

xrt= eazist car to drive just sttick it in gear floor the trottle and pray to god you dont crash

Totally, totally wrong. Have you actually driven the cars?
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :i think im prob one of the most addicted FXO drivers out here, makes me happy indeed that the class now is much more balanced , Cant remember any poiint since S1 , where im fighting XRT & RB4 in corners as much as i am now.

FXO needs to loose a tiny amount of weight and the balancing will be perfect imo (around 5-10kg) it suffers so badly on the straights now
doesnt bother me though i relish a challenge and it was rare thing in patch W to really be fighting with XRT/RB4 for position.

I just hope scawen doesnt shrink the FXO tyres then it will be just impossible to keep up. At the moment im having the closest racing ever. This is fairest and most fun the TBO class has been, since S1. (since handicap)
^ Anyone who disagrees really should drive TBO more. Hell some good XRT drivers prolly even stopped racing TBO because of the way FXO was.
Not to mention how the balancing has brought back the RB4

Oh yeah Fastest car in my head is FXO , but in reality now its pretty much a threeway tie, very much track and conditions and lap dependant.

Finally, someone with a level head and reasonable opinion.

On the tire shrinkage part, since turbo modeling and powerbands aren't done yet, don't be surprised if we end up with no need for that as the physics gets better. For now, Scawen just needs to get the netcode done (patch X). Who knows, things could be much better in patch Y physics wise.
Scawen has already announced that he will shrink the FXO's tyres with patch Y, of course not without removing some of the current handicaps...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG