The online racing simulator
pro drive p2
(2 posts, started )
#1 - Spils
pro drive p2
Couldnt find anything on this when using search just woundered if anything like this could fit into LFS. Im a big fan of 4wd's and id love to see somthing like the older wrx's(im just not a fan of the new shaped scoobys) and new styled evolutions represented in the game(i can live with the older shaped one version 5 being my fav ).

Imo there a huge part of the car world and id love to see them in lfs.
I think the acceleration and handling abilities on some of the smaller or city tracks would be first class. Id really like to see both cars represented in S3
The amount of different version for each cars means the possablitys are endless..

Anyway back onto the car in hand.. remember seeing this in an auto mag and on top gear. The handling and acceleration were imense. Id love to take this around aston :P

(The car uses a lot of WRC technology and ive read a few threads that mention WRC cars are a huge possablity for LFS in the future. Maybe this road car could be a great building block for getting WRC handling and technologys working inside LFS.)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prodrive P2

Manufacturer Prodrive
Production 2006 (Concept)
Class Sports

The Prodrive P2 is a prototype two-seater sports car designed, engineered and built by Prodrive at its Banbury and Warwick sites. The car is based on the platform of the Subaru R1 keicar and has a modified Subaru Impreza WRX STi engine along with many Prodrive systems originally designed for their World Rally Championship and Sports Car Racing programmes. The cars styling was done by Peter Stevens who also designed the McLaren F1. The car includes rally-inspired anti-lag to prevent turbo lag, as well as an active center and active rear differential that maximizes grip.

A fully working car has been built and tested on the TV motoring programme, Top Gear,It has 340bhp and no turbo lag due to WRC style Misfiring system obtaining a 0-60mph time in 3.8 seconds, and a laptime of 1:24.3 beating other cars such as the TVR Sagaris, BMW M5 and Aston Martin Vanquish.
The car has an active rear differential, which automatically shifts torque to whichever of the four wheels need it most during maneuvering, based on spin-slip sensor readings, and is a common rally-car technology rarely seen on road cars. This causes the car's centre of gravity (CG) to move forwards and backwards quite rapidly during hard cornering - which can be physiologically unsettling to an unexperienced driver.
The constanly shifting CG is what caused Jeremy Clarkson to vomit on camera, and created an instant legend for the car.

Despite this, and the fact that Prodrive believe the car could retail for around £40,000, Prodrive have said there are no plans to put the car into production at present.
#2 - herki
Without E-Diffs that car would be pretty pointless, but fun nevertheless. I doubt we will get any new cars for S2 (maybe if we're extremely lucky, they bring back my beloved LX8), but I can imagine having fun in a well-powered light AWD.
*waits for Tristan to tell how much AWD fails*

pro drive p2
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG