The online racing simulator
Unlocks
(20 posts, started )
Unlocks
I am wondering i just looked my my license status..If need another unlock how do I get it? I have 2 and im just wondering incase something happens.
#2 - joen
you get new unlocks (maximum of 2 at any time) every friday.
dont be fooled though... you wont get 2 every friday... on friday if you have used one.. it will ADD 1.. it wont just add 2 every week so you end up with alot :P

the max per week is 2
lol you guys havent answered my question...how do I get them if someting happens? I know I get one every week.
Do NOT unlock LFS S2 until you are fully sure it works.

No reason to unlock it just to test software.

Thats how.
iv already unlocked it thats how i test my new patches.
Erm, you don't have to unlock the test patches... (at least I didn't).
#8 - joen
Quote from scoobyrbac :lol you guys havent answered my question...how do I get them if someting happens? I know I get one every week.

you should formulate your question better then. if something happened and you manage to use up both your unlocks you send the devs an email.
I havent used any yet. If I need to how to I get them? I see no where to click to get them. I won the license from JayHawk would I need to get in contact with him if i needed one?
No, you can't simply "get" unlocks. They are given to you each Friday. What's so confusing about that?
Quote from scoobyrbac :I havent used any yet. If I need to how to I get them? I see no where to click to get them. I won the license from JayHawk would I need to get in contact with him if i needed one?

It's your account so you don't need to contact him. You don't have to click on anything either to get unlocks.

IF LFS locked again and you needed to unlock again you'd just get that big, Unlock Live For Speed, button in the bottom left of the main screen, then you'd just enter your details to unlock it like you did before.

IF you ran out of unlocks you either, wait until Friday or send a begging email to the devs.

You don't have to unlock every time you use a test patch either. All I'm doing is downloading the ZIP version, extracting the lfs.exe file to my desktop (this way I don't over write my original lfs.exe), renaming it to LFS_W43 then putting it in my LFS folder.

Then I can either play W or the lastest test patch.
Quote from scoobyrbac :I won the license from JayHawk would I need to get in contact with him if i needed one?

Quote from joen :if something happened and you manage to use up both your unlocks you send the devs an email.

No, JayHawk can't do anything

You get new ones on Friday but if you happen to need an extra one, email the devs, and they will likely give you one. Don't read that as "they'll give you as many as you want" though
Oh so everytime i'd accidently lock my lfs thats what the unlocks are for?
Yes, basically. Actually they exist because LFS can lock itself when the hardware of the PC changes, so you can unlock it back again. A few months ago, before the change of one unlock per week, the unlocks were only given out at the end of each month, resulting in the poor devs being constantly flooded with "I need an unlock" requests of users who had the gift of constantly running out of unlocks. Don't be one of them
#15 - joen
How about you start worrying when you actually need to and accidentally unlocked LFS twice? In all my time of playing LFS I have never ever needed an extra unlock (besides the extra one the devs have to give after a new patch for instance).
I havent needed to unlock it (yet) I was just wondering if i ever needed it again how i would get them, thanks guys.
Isn't it possible to make a copy of the misc directory (or the right files in it) to make a backup of the unlocked state? Only on the same computer, obviously.
From my experience (not saying this is correct, or the way its supposed to be), as soon as an unlocked copy of LFS is moved out of the file structure in which it was unlocked, it is then locked again. This has happened to me a few times, when i make a copy for the test patches i have c:\games\LFS\S2\ as my main install, then c:\games\LFS\S2Test\ for test patch's.
So if you copy c:\games\LFS\S2\ into c:\games\S2\ then it go's back into its locked state when launched.
This is how it is for me anyways
Sorry if you can't understand this, but it's the best i can do whilst falling asleep (been a long day)
Quote from GFresh :[text]

No it doesn't unlock if you move it around your harddrive to another directory or even another partition or make copies of the LFS directory. "Only"* if you Reinstall Windows, or use the same LFS install in another Windows on the same computer (i.e., dual boot), then LFS will (or should) lock itself.

*Occasionally, if there has been changes in LFS unlocking, it can lock itself if you patch it newer version.
Ok thats fair enough, but when i do as i described in my previous post, then thats what happens.

Unlocks
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG