The online racing simulator
G25 strange ffb behaviour when I turn
Hello. I've recently felt that my G25 gives me odd force feedbacks when I turn the wheel. It feels like I was driving without tyres, just on bare rims, or like if the suspension and shocks were fully compressed and the bottom of the car would be hitting the road. It's a pulsating feeling, also quite a noisy. It disturbs so much that I just have to stop playing. I plugged in my old black Momo, and used same ffb settings in Windows and LFS, but it gave me normal ffb.

My Windows settings are the usual:
overall: 101%
spring: 0%
damper: 0%
centrering spring enabled and 0%

LFS:
wheel turn compensation: 0.50
ffb 100

Car that I tested to compare G25 and Momo was RB4 on FE Club with RACE_S settings. I also tested the G25 with extremely soft suspension and highest ride height, and the problem remained, though much milder.

My G25 drivers are version 5.0.182.0

Any ideas before I call Logitech support?
why do you use wheel turn compensation? This gives at least to me a rly strange feeling and im using almost the same settings like you except for the FFB in-game. Im at 30 and i wonder how you manage to drive with 100 or in this case, 201 alltogehter. Thats way to much and maybe the reason your wheel is damaged now? Just a thought.

Edit: before calling logitech try this: turn off wtc and use like 30% FF in game. Everytime i have problems with my wheel i do this: unplug the wheel (wait for the usb sound) then i plug it in again and just in case lfs is still running i hit shift+c + maxing out every axis (wheel & pedals).
Quote from 510N3D :why do you use wheel turn compensation? zThis gives at least to me a rly strange feeling and im using almost the same settings like you except for the FFB in-game. Im at 30 and i wonder how you manage to drive with 100 or in this case, 201 alltogehter. Thats way to much and maybe the reason your wheel is damaged now? Just a thought.

Edit: before calling logitech try this: turn off wtc and use like 30% FF in game. Everytime i have problems with my wheel i do this: unplug the wheel (wait for the usb sound) then i plug it in again and just in case lfs is still running i hit shift+c + maxing out every axis (wheel & pedals).

To be honest I do not know what the wtc is doing, so I guess I've had it there somewhere in the middle. Now it's 0. FFB was 100 for the test only, I've used about 50 and have had the same problem with that value. Also I had FFB at 100 because I thought it might have been a default value which should work.

But, now with FFB at 30 I don't feel that problem, so I could say I am happy for how the wheel works.

So can you please try with higher FFB settings and tell if you felt anything that reminds of my description? If you don't have it, then I guess I'd better call Logitech anyways.

Thanks
50% is my highest attempt not only with G25 but also with my previous wheel the Thrustmaster Rally.

Most of the time I keep it around 30 depending on the car and setup (the caster setting mostly).

I don't think that there is anything wrong with your wheel.

I'm amazed with the ff of 100 and more some people use, cause then the wheel feels like a brick and it has very rough responses.

*walks away and goes to the gym*
Can you maybe try to show us a replay where that odd feeling FFB happens, and then let the wheel go so we can see what it does? Currently I'm having a very hard time understanding what actually your problem is, and short of posting a video this might give us a hint on what's wrong (if there is something wrong).
Quote from AndroidXP :Can you maybe try to show us a replay where that odd feeling FFB happens, and then let the wheel go so we can see what it does? Currently I'm having a very hard time understanding what actually your problem is, and short of posting a video this might give us a hint on what's wrong (if there is something wrong).

OK I made a video about this, it's really difficult to describe in words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqUmciKFdtQ

I had a Polycom Communicator microphone recording the noise, you see it next to G25. First 20 seconds in the clip is with FFB at 30% and the last 20 seconds at 100%. With FFB 30% the sound/noise is normal that I think it should be with 100% as well.

So what do you think? I think I'll call Logitech tomorrow anyways.
I just realised that I'm using the power supply from the Momo, it might not have enough power for the two FFB engines in the G25. I'll post once I've found the original PSU. So, at least I learned to post a video to Youtube
Well, you didn't let go of the wheel, and unfortunately the interesting part (the wheel) seems to be recorded with very low refresh rate. From the looks of the video, everything was fine, but all I saw was you steering left and right, so it is impossible to judge the forces exerted on you, making the whole ordeal a bit pointless
#9 - Jakg
i use 101% in Windows and 120% in game, does that make me some sort of super-human?

I can't see what all the fuss is about - i've been through 2 G25's now and both have worked fine like this, i have muscles bettered only by small girls, maybe yours is fubar'ed?
Well, when I watched it, I heard a whooosh noise when steering. Sorta sounds like that not all of it is powered up. I usually hear that sound if I turn my DFP when its not powered.
Yes the cause was the too weak Momo power adapter that I accidentally had in use. The wheel is ok with its' original adapter.
Quote from Jakg :i use 101% in Windows and 120% in game, does that make me some sort of super-human?

I can't see what all the fuss is about - i've been through 2 G25's now and both have worked fine like this, i have muscles bettered only by small girls, maybe yours is fubar'ed?

what the ?? Its not about super abilities or anything its about sense which i cant see at all with so much FF. I cant feel the vehicle anymore and it just feels unrealistic but in the end its a matter of taste. If you like playing that way, enjoy yourself. You most probably need some body training anyway However, i also think that so much FF will damage the wheel much more in the long run. To much plastic inside for my taste.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG