The online racing simulator
#1 - Ian.H
[REL] LPH (LFS Player Hacker) 2.0.1.2
Current Release: 2.0.1.2

Hi all

Been meaning to do this for a long time, but finally got around to updating LPH

Bugs fixed, more driver styles selectable and updated UI.

Download available from:

http://www.clue-by-4.org/viewtool.php?t_id=3

Note: Uninstall any previous 1.x.x.x versions before installing version 2.

2.0.1.2 Notes
Custom suits can now be displayed within LPH for better representation if you've modded these. To get them to display:
  • Make a note of the suit texture that you've replaced with your own custom design.
  • Take a screenshot in LFS from the 'Player' screen like the other preview images in LPH. For best results, this image should be 260x500 px.
  • Make a note of the driver number in LPH that represents the suit you've replaced.
  • Save your preview image you've just made from the screenshot in the 'LFS Player Hacker/data/custom_suits' directory relative to the driver style number you replaced, so if you replaced 'Suit_A' which might be driver style '32', save your preview image as '32.jpg'
Now when you browse, if a custom suit is found matching the current driver style number, it'll load that as the preview rather than the built-in image

Enjoy :drink:

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
screen_LPH.png
#2 - herki
Did it really need that big installer?

Looks a bit bloated for its relativly tiny amount of functions, but other than that: nice work
[ADT]sid - Works for me.

I see you've adopted your traditional program numbering scheme Ian.
i installed it it doesnt work for me when i open profile it shows blank when i got misc
#5 - Ian.H
sid: I'll drop you a PM to sort it out

herki: The installer's not actually that big.. LPH.exe == 1.94Mb, Installer == 1.96Mb. The previous version contained loose image files, this one has them embedded as a .RES file and the main reason the binary's so bug (the 34 images in the RES file total 1.3Mb).

Bob: Yup.. as I slowly get around to updating things, they'll all adopt a "standard" of sorts

Ghost: Do you mean that you can't see any .ply files in the Open dialog? or something else?

Regards,

Ian
does it need updating?
yet another near-pointless mod
Quote from lrdbsi :yet another near-pointless mod

yet another near-pointless post

(as is mine somewhat ironically)
Question: How do I make a name for it, I was able to put a license plate on it but it wont let me edit the name?
fb: Sorry if you comment has flown straight over my head.. were you asking if I need to fix anything? or was it a light hearted comment in reply to my "when I update things....." comment above?

Dan: At least you do make contributions and I think a "drifter" saying something is "pointless" is quite a cute remark no matter what it is

ITBRTI: You can't edit the player name in the text field.. this value is taken from the filename as it's not stored anywhere in the PLY file itself. If you want to change the name to create a new profile, just open an existing PLY file, make the changes you want and save it as a new filename.. it'll update the player name text field with the new filename once it's saved

Regards,

Ian
Lph 2.0.1.2
Hi all

2.0.1.2 released.

A query was posted on our team forum regarding using custom suits with LPH. LPH doesn't actually store or use any such data, but I've now made it possible to display custom previews.

See [POST=442477]post #1[/POST] for info on how to achieve this.

Regards,

Ian

(ps: Could a mod remove the version number from the thread title please? I can then use this thread for any future releases with less confusion ).
Quote from Ian.H :ITBRTI: You can't edit the player name in the text field.. this value is taken from the filename as it's not stored anywhere in the PLY file itself. If you want to change the name to create a new profile, just open an existing PLY file, make the changes you want and save it as a new filename.. it'll update the player name text field with the new filename once it's saved

LOL ITBRTI
Ah, so:
1. Open LFS Player Hacker
2. Click Open and go to your LFS directory
3. Then go to data / mics, and look for "your current name.ply"
4. Double Click "your current name.ply", then it should open with your current driver
5. Change the outfit
6. Save
7. Open up LFS, and choose the player that you edited
8. DONE
Re upload it. The link does not work.
The link works...

If you guys can't download it I'll upload another mirror.

EDIT: Ok here's the mirror. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
This is an old thread, but..
Ian.H, you're making a huge thing of a little widget.. I hate things with installers, which don't need them (some super-tweak programs need to make some changes here and there, but they should make a manualguide too)
hmm, I see these "arguments" all the time regarding installers vs non-installers and really don't understand why. What's wrong with a _correctly_ configured installer? I can understand when you get monkeys playing with them who don't have a clue and half the time end up screwing up your registry or deleting files they shouldn't on uninstall, but IMO, when written properly, they're tidy, easy to use and somewhat "standardised" for even the most brain dead.

In short, this is the way I do things (and have done things for years) when I code apps and can't see that changing in the forseeable future.

Regards,

Ian
I understand why most people make installers, it's just because a nonadvanced user will come and ask - What do I do with this .zip file? Where do I extract it. What do I do now, I can't see it on my desktop..

Lible
Hi Lible..

Yup, that's the main reason.. and the original version of LPH came with a directory and a bunch of loose images for the clothes preview. Obviously nothing complex, but as you know, there'll always be one (or two or three)

I guess I got into a habit of doing this since way back when win3.1 was a "big deal" and continued ever since.

Personally it matters not to me either.. I spend more time unpacking tarballs on *nix than I do using installers on windoze, but it also keeps all my tools kinda uniform when I release them.

And FWIW.. I hope my previous reply didn't come across as a "like it or lump it" post in a harsh manner (I didn't word it too well).. was just meant to be an explanation as to why I do things the way I do sometimes

Regards,

Ian
Quote from lrdbsi :yet another near-pointless mod

I cant wait to see your non pointless mod. If you dont have one then stop putting others down for trying please.
Hi Ian.H

I like LPH so much...

But, i cant download it on your server cause the link is broken, and i cant download the hiroshima guy mirror cause this error in file front:

Your download has failed. There were no available download servers. Click here to try your download again.

Can you, Ian.H, upload in other host?

Sorry for my bad english.
worked fine 4 me
Check your PM hugo

Places like South America and as much of Asia as I can find (less Oz / Nz) is firewalled until hell freezes over, so some people have difficulties with accessing things.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :LOL ITBRTI
Ah, so:
1. Open LFS Player Hacker
2. Click Open and go to your LFS directory
3. Then go to data / mics, and look for "your current name.ply"
4. Double Click "your current name.ply", then it should open with your current driver
5. Change the outfit
6. Save
7. Open up LFS, and choose the player that you edited
8. DONE

Thanks m8 now it works fine
Thanks for this keep seeing bald men in their cars lol now i can be bald
fully sweet brudda! Thats funky fresh my main man

[REL] LPH (LFS Player Hacker) 2.0.1.2
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG