The online racing simulator
[UFR] wip project
(25 posts, started )
[UFR] wip project
I'm working on an UFR today and this is what i've got so far. I'm not sure what i could do with the rest of the car... i atleast want to keep what i've got now (so i won't change the colors and stuff) but i don't have a clue what i could add.. I want to keep it a bit clean with not too much logo's and sponsors and stuff..

any idea's?
Attached images
UFR_wip.jpg
I like the clean look of it, and that side vent is tasty. It could do with a classic Mini roof (checkerd flag or maybe continue with the striped theme)

Maybe some UF GTR logos? "Piloted by: Sponge" on the drivers door?
Thanks I'm quite happy with those side vents too they suit the car pretty good. You've got a good point with the classic Mini roof.. just not sure what i'll put on it. Maybe some stripes ...

i'm having a 'painters block' hehe
I'd remove the black lines between the stripes, they look
Otherwise nice start
I at first didn't have them, but that just didn't look right..

I've got a step further with the roof.. Just continued the strips like the sides... Just not sure if they should be in the middle or off center a bit...
Attached images
UFR_wip-1.jpg
I like the black stripes between them all, it defines them more, it looks ..weird otherwise, trust me. The top lines I think should be offset.
I thought so too

update:
- offset stripes
- SGD signature on both sides (gotta show i made it right?)
Attached images
UFR_wip-2.jpg
ohw btw.. should those roof stripes go all the way back over the rear of only on the roof?
If the lines on the sides keep going it may look a little strange. If those side lines stop at the fenders then it would be okay.
Those stop at the rear fenders.. so i'll let the stripes from the roof go all the way back over the bonnet.

Thanks
:S Oh I didn't mean on the front, they should continue down the back, but not down the front, thats why I asked if the lines stopped, otherwise you'll get interuptions and it'll look weird, it'll look like a .. gift box or something.
Hehe yeah I was talking about the rear too.. so don't worry

Here's a shot from the rear

Updates:
- rear stripes
- Good Year logo
- Nexx logo

Note: I was glued to the screen with a ruler so the lines on the rear would line up perfect..
Attached images
UFR_wip-3.jpg
updates:
- Scavier logo on the side
- UF GTR logo on nose and rear

Only wondering if the logo look right on the nose.. or only on the rear..
Attached images
UFR_wip-4.jpg
UFR_wip-4-detail.jpg
Front and back

Some rivets would look awesome on the arches too btw, suits the Mini look.
I removed it from the nose.. i thought about it a bit and came to the conclusion it made it looks a bit strange.. donno.. About those rivets, anyone got an .psd of it?
Attached images
UFR_wip-5.jpg
Hmm... I had a go on both methods shown there.. but i can't get it to look good on the car
The front needs something now that you removed the UF GTR logo. Maybe some sponsor text there? or something under the headlamps. Also you could add something over the rear wheels to make it less boring around there.
I've seen in to that

This is what i've got so far.

edit:
Photo of the right side of the car. The left side has the fuel filler cap and right side a sponsor. Not sure if it looks right any thoughts?
Attached images
UFR_wip-6.jpg
UFR_wip-7.jpg
Well everybody, I want to thank you all for the advise you've given me

The car is finished but i'll not yet show the result

Stay tuned
great start! and are u using the viewer on a mac?
Yup and i run LFS on the iMac too
Good that you stopped. It is perfect as it is.
Thank you It has a bit more than you can see in the last picture, but those details will be revealed in a short time (I'm getting it rendered so i can show it off better)

[UFR] wip project
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG