The online racing simulator
Frex FFB wheel, new prototype video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpC2HB3HK_U

While I'm not a drifter the wheel certainly allows you to do some very quick steering.

The mechanics are being patented as we speak, and Frex believes that the system is first to be used in sim controllers. They think it's going to be the de facto of future.

Can't really argue against the results. Check more info at RSC Frex forum.
#2 - TiJay
That's the first 720 degree FREX wheel isn't it? It's great.
that wheel looks incredibly cool!

too bad i won't be able to afford it
I think I need a new pair of pants...
how much is it?
No 6 speed gear box? Not interested! I'll stick with my G25
#7 - Jakg
look on the right.

It WILL be better than the G25 in every respect but the price, i expect about £800
ramsy66, just for you mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fW-tOivkE

Oh and the wheel is not yet priced. I expect it to be over 1000 eur. Sadly.

I've been drooling all over the complete setup with HYDRObrake and simconmotion. With taxes, tolls, and freight included I'd say the pricetag is aprox 6500 eur for Finland...

Hydrobrake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRYbpy-faHM
Quote from ramsy66 :No 6 speed gear box? Not interested! I'll stick with my G25

you will probably be able to buy another shifter/gear box or use the one from your G25

edit: too slow
#10 - mr_x
Quote from TiJay :That's the first 720 degree FREX wheel isn't it? It's great.

It's more than 720 degrees... it's more than 900 degrees by the look of it.

I want one, now!!!!
i sooo want one of these

they should have gotten a better driver for that demo though he makes the wheel look bad

and a more stable frame
This wheel has a maximum rotation of 1080 degrees.
It's a good thing that the high-end manufacturers are starting to expiriment with FFB too. Too bad those are way too expensive. Maybe someday we will se a high-quality FFB wheel for a reasonable price..
-
(_--NZ--_[HUN]) DELETED by _--NZ--_[HUN]
Quote from Shotglass :they should have gotten a better driver for that demo though he makes the wheel look bad

and a more stable frame

i think he drifted on purpose because there ain´t much to show if you drive racing style...
agree on the frame...

i like the amount of buttons and the thickness of this wheel. since i came from a red momo the g25 felt a little thin for the first time. now if frex cut down their prices, say by 1/3, then it would compete with the g25 in value for money. still too much for me atm, need some proper studio monitors first...

...and the patch, the patch, the patch,... aaaaahhhhh...

\leaves for some more to drink...

peace mo
Quote from molocco :i think he drifted on purpose because there ain´t much to show if you drive racing style...

i know but his drifting was ... how should i put it ... lets just say ive seen better drifting on demo servers
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :This wheel has a maximum rotation of 1080 degrees.

If thats true then maybe in the future company like logitech can make a good enough wheel at a bargain price. if thats the future of sim equipment then BRING IT ON
Quote from anik360 :If thats true then maybe in the future company like logitech can make a good enough wheel at a bargain price. if thats the future of sim equipment then BRING IT ON

I have my money on Advantage1 or actually on Act Labs. Anyway the A1 wheel seems promising at only 379 Australian dollars (315 USD or 234 EUR). It doesn't have FFB yet (FFB module is planned) and shipping from Australia will cost an arm and a leg. I don't know if Act Labs has plans of adopting the design and making a cheaper version like they did with A1 pedals. Let's hope they do.
Quote from anik360 :If thats true then maybe in the future company like logitech can make a good enough wheel at a bargain price. if thats the future of sim equipment then BRING IT ON

doubtful
if they patented it it will be a long time until these wheels get cheap
#19 - DeKo
bloody hell that thing looks like it would rip skin off your hands without trying.

Looks amazing though, if only it was actually affordable.
Shige actually told that if you use a wheel that's too small, you won't have the strength to turn it

But I'm sure the power will be adjustable.

It's very compact albeit long construction. Not sure if you'll still need to purchase a Logitech wheel to get the electronics. Hopefully it's a 100% Frex construction.

Looks like a step up! But still not fast enough, from the ultimate standpoint. And knowing Frex, it won't come cheap.. Plus the many thousands of euro that patents cost must be earned back.. Don't count on this getting affordable

And the 50.000 one has to pay to Immersion for the licensing.. yay.. Brave of SHige to invest though, easy to talk, brave to do things like this.
I'd need a much sturdier desk before I could even think about having one of those.
WOW, that does look awesome... but the price i would be paying, I think I would put it towards a real car to race
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :
And the 50.000 one has to pay to Immersion for the licensing..

Unless they still go the "buy a logitech wheel as a base" way.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG