The online racing simulator
British Judo team in Toronto!
(18 posts, started )
Hey it's me again, making a new topic.

As some of you probably knew (okay, no one), I live in Toronto, and I practice Judo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo

I am 14 years old, and this was the first time I experienced the team.

*Ahem*

They were on the television this morning, so when I got there, I didn't know what to expect besides highly trained fighters.

So we started off today's Judo session as we all walked in. Still in street clothes, all the Canadians were just brewing around. The British were crashing on the super-soft mat, and glared over, in Judo gear.

As we all stepped on the mat, the tension was thick. In fact, you could just put a brick wall in between to show how separated we were..

We started the day, somewhat nervous and unstable, and fought. Although, these fighters were from the army, so although highly trained (then again, we all are), they had injuries to deal with.

.. Skip an hour or two..

Soon we were all having fun, talking, fighting, and just having a good time ! We were all friends, and took an awesome group picture an hour later, all being friendly. We were so mixed together, you couldn't tell who was from where anymore. (Aside the accent :razz

Overall, since this was my first time experiencing this, it was lots of fun, and fighting with them was great. It brought us together, and we had a great work out.

This is truly what keeps me in Judo, and why others should join.

Keep it real,

~Cr!t!calDrift
Are there any other martial arts that anyone else practices here?
martial arts i used to but i had to quit i still rember the moves high block low block around house kick back fist i was in the masters as well i think i was green belt .
Which martial art?
My mate from Ireland is gone over representing Ireland,dunno if it's the same competition were both talking about
British judo team? I thought British combat skills mostly involved broken pint glasses, not "the gentle way" ... =]
I am a Judoka as well
have been for years
easily the best art of them all
more sporting than Juijitsu (as its true war fare roots would attest.)
and less violent then any punching barbarism
Judo rules

HAJIME!
Quote from Hankstar :British judo team? I thought British combat skills mostly involved broken pint glasses, not "the gentle way" ... =]

Hahaha

Quote from GT Touring :I am a Judoka as well
have been for years
Judo rules

HAJIME!

Haha nice What rank are you?

..I've been a judoka, on and off for about 8 years..you?

Although it is good to know how to strike and block, that comes easy with judo..(or at least my dad helped me with that)
I took Judo for a very short time in my youth, definitely some time well spent. It's saved my stupid drunk ass from getting beat up, at least twice that I remember
Haha nice.

I disliked Judo as a younger child... but in retrospect it is really good.
Hey, I'm an ex-judoka Practiced it in Senegal for 4 years in my youth. Got to the blue belt :P
Aikido > Judo

/flamebait
Quote from GT Touring :I am a Judoka as well
have been for years
Judo rules

HAJIME!

yeah, thats why royce gracie pwnt Yoshida. I cant believe yoshida lost to the MegaPunk >_<

Sokoudjou, nakamura, karo are probably the strongest judoka fighters right now.

I did tkd for a few years, then i wrestled, then muay thai and jiujitsu. My bjj instructor is a high ranking judoka as well.
Striking is fun as well. Grappling can be brutal and savage as well (if you do it right)so dont call striking savage .
its like playing Kenetic chess. except losing badly in chess doesn't require 6 months of physical therapy
er, here are some judo/jitsu gif's

Woa nice, how do you loop videos into Gif's?

and my dojo teaches aikido right before judo classes

Any info about it?
erm i thought i replied yesterday. i guess i forgot to hit 'submit reply'. just cut out a small part of whatever video using virtua dub, shrink it and use some sort of animated gif program. i havent done it myself in ages.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :We were so mixed together, you couldn't tell who was from where anymore. (Aside the accent :razz

Being British I can tell you we do not have accents, for a start we invented the language, it is you that has the accent.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG